2021 Week One Game Thread -- Jets vs Panthers; Let's Go Jets

Maxman

3 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Now wait for the darnold apologetics to say we shouldn't kept darnold. I'm a darnold fan and I was hoping he'd get another shot this year. I know that one game means absolutely nothing. Still burns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad he didnt have to endure another season with this organization. He deserved better.

• Sympathy 1

Ok, first half- Really bummed by the O and D lines.  Totally look like they are from last year in terms of doing nothing whatsoever to help win the game.  Running backs not getting helped by the line and not doing themselves any favors.  Lotta bad throws from Zach, you can tell it's his first game and the O line has let him down so much.  Now, let's see if this coaching staff has any skill and can do the halftime adjustments that win games, or if they just trot the same garbage out there for another 30 minutes.  Oh, and thank god for Ammendola.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

No he doesn’t.  He’s checked down 90% of his throws.  The only reason he doesn’t look like he did for the Jets is he has McCaffery to throw to every play.  That and he has enough time to throw 15 check downs.

If I had McCaffery I'd check down too.  Then hit Robby long.

He looks decent.  

It's what I've been talking about for months. Playmaker count. Game plans count. They can make or break a young QB. Darnell is doing what he never was able to do here. Find a safety valve when the pocket collapses. He never had that here. If he did, it was never in the game plan, or never was coached up here, to make his life easier