2021 Week One Game Thread -- Jets vs Panthers; Let's Go Jets

Maxman

We’ll this is only one game. And let’s see adjustments the CS makes for the second half. That’s always a good take on how good a CS and HC is. But we’ve been here before. A new QB, a rookie and you want to win games not turn the regular season into exhibition games. These games count and I don’t want my regular season games being used as a training ground for a new Qb. At least no pick 6s so far. 

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Let's recap JDs day 

- Becton getting embarrassed.

- AVT getting embarrassed. 

- Zach making mistakes. 

- Mann injured. 

- Joyner injured. 

- Sherwood injured. 

- Carter/Coleman/Johnson nonexistent.

- Darnold having career day. 

- Anderson lighting it up. 

Not sure the JD apologists can overcome today's events. 

Have a little faith.  After all, Adam Gase hired him. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Vader said:

All Talk, No Action.

It’s just one half, but this organization once again hiring a first-time head coach because of his energy and bluster…. Instead of someone that’s actually done it before. 

That always works.

Yeah, but on the other hand, Gase was quiet and a HC before.

Was always worried about Saleh wanting to be buddies with the players.  They don't seem to have any discipline.

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Completely pathetic first half. Total embarrassment, this team doesn’t look like it belongs on an NFL field.

100% uncompetitive, just like last year.

So much for all that excitement and optimism, which looks like it was quite misplaced so far…

Second Half !!!!

2728.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Let's recap JDs day 

- Becton getting embarrassed.

- AVT getting embarrassed. 

- Zach making mistakes. 

- Mann injured. 

- Joyner injured. 

- Sherwood injured. 

- Carter/Coleman/Johnson nonexistent.

- Darnold having career day. 

- Anderson lighting it up. 

Not sure the JD apologists can overcome today's events. 

OTOH Elijah Moore is ballin hehe 

The game is terrible, but IMO the only real SO is the SOJF.

1. 12 rookies, 9 2nd year (which wasn't real), new coach, new scheme... did anyone really expect us to go out and be dominant

2. This team still has huge holes

3. OL takes players and consistency - it will take time and we are still at least 2 players short

4. Panthers were a better team than people thought last year

Saleh's big strength is teaching and developing, did anyone really think that it was going to be accomplished overnight? Many of us knew the team was going to suck early and the hope was to get better by the end of the year - it is going to take 8-10 games, not 2 quarters to see that improvement.

I personally didn't like a lot of things that have happened over past 2 years, but IMO, the biggest mistake that has been made is fooling ourselves into thinking this team was going to win any/many games early on. Wilson shows promise, but this team is far from ready to compete.

If the Jets are going to rebuild through youth, the first half of the season was the price to pay. Still it would be nice to see something out of the offense. Sad, as i was hoping for at least excitement if not wins. 2 more quarters to go - GO JETS