2021 Week One Game Thread -- Jets vs Panthers; Let's Go Jets

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Zach has to shake off the pressure and recalibrate. Regardless of the performances around him, he has to remain sharp.

Remain?  Remain?  Remind me of a NFL regular season game where he was ever sharp?

• Confused 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is game day. It is a new era. Out with the old. In with the new. Jets football is going to be different. That is good news for all of us.   I won't name the names, but the stench has left the

Tomorrow I put a Jets onsesie on my newborn daughter for the first time and introduce her to a lifetime of surefire trauma and eventual therapy. I'm so sorry.

Its been a week from hell for me but today changes all that J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS  ***      

Posted Images

At least has legit elite arm and delivery. His head is still miles away but maybe in time. Letting him start the season was of course the typical Jetstiest thing to do. But what I’m saying is well, there’s still hope based on skill set. But this is also the Jets. What a paradox 

So…. I’ve been on record saying this is a work in progress. BUT we’d be entertained AND this team WILL be prepared week in week out. 

I was wrong on both counts. More of the same.

• Like 1

Darnolds first pass in the NFL was a pick 6 he shook it off and went to win the game. Seeing Wilson not finding any comfort today concerns me...every team who plays us this year are going to be watching film from today and keeping tons of heat on Wilson and our offensive line.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

It’s not his fault that this is the first time he’s had to perform while under pressure.
This isn't exactly the amount of pressure that you would normally see as a qb in the NFL...This is just some next level of ineptitude that we have on display blocking for him.

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Van Roten might be in the discussion for worst starting Guard in the league.  The amount of times he has been absolutely dominated in a 1 on 1 situation today is mind blowing.

He's an NFL player - please get his name right. It's Van Rotten.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

For me this game was 100% predictable.

In this league if the oline is poor your team has no chance at all.

In this league if you give any of 35 QBs some weapons and some time thy will look good.

This OL is 100% better than last year with more skill players but you are 100% correct!

2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

We run on every single first down. How about some high percentage pass plays on first down?? I mean every freaking series  he’s in second and third and long. 

There's no high percentage passes without an offensive line.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Wasn’t the idea behind starting two Day Three safeties at OLB that they’d be really quick and keep RBs from catching passes etc?

I mean tbf Christian McCaffery

• Upvote 1

So, other than the fact that both lines have sucked, none of our first rounders have performed, the game plan seems non-existent, Wilson should be on the taxi squad and our punter was knocked out when he was injured by one of his own players, everything is ok.  Right?

• Haha 2