2021 Week One Game Thread -- Jets vs Panthers; Let's Go Jets

Maxman

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Wilson is the only reason this game is remotely close from an offensive perspective .  He basically carried the offense to whatever they cobbled together.  

THis is  going to be a long year. The OL is pathetic. Thats why I wanted JD to draft 3-4 OL. There were so many good ones late in the draft. BIG MISTAKE.

• Upvote 2

You let this POS Darnold beat you.  F**k you.  Carolina sucks donkey dick.  But made us look like the taint.  Awful performance by the Jests (sic). 

Defense: Joke.  Got gashed all day.  Any decent QB and we're down by 30+.  McCaffrey OWNED these dopes. 10-15 yards a pop at will. 

Offense:  LMFAO.  We found another guy who refuses to go down as he's being sacked.  Instead, putting the ball up for grabs.  Reminded me of Geno.  Right now?  The kid looks as bad as anyone we've had behind center.  Throws a bunch of high balls which should scare any of us.

Becton:  Sad he's hurt.  But he was blown up for a Zack sack earlier.  Offensive line SUCKED all day opening fewer holes than a strike at a bawdy house.

This team is a disaster.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Can't hate on Zach's performance. Could've played better but the o line was atrocious and I think he showed promise. Darnold didn't show us anything that would lead us to say we miss him

First ever start, receivers dropping passes early, line plays like crap letting him get sacked 6 times and he still comes back to throw 2 TD passes in the 2nd half.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lmaoo sam had 200 yards in first half and still couldn't break 300

I mean they won the game so I don’t think he is too concerned over that.  Other than the fumble he looked fine.  However the biggest takeaway is Wilson.  Kid deserves a lot of props.  Despite the horrendous OL play he made some big throws in the second half after a shaky first half.  The most important thing this season is his progression 

• Upvote 2

Biggest problem with the team is the Oline still dogsh*t. Wilson going to get killed with the hits he was taking today. Weapons looked fine when he had time in the pocket. Couldn't run block either to save their life which would have helped the passing game as well.

• Upvote 1

What I've been saying all offseason is this season is not about wins and losses. It's about developing the QB and seeing improvement throughout the season. Today the coaching staff was over matched in the 1st half. They made adjustments on both sides of the ball at half time and completely turned the game around in the 2nd half.

This season is going to be frustrating if you were expecting a playoff team. And honestly, if you were, that's on you.  The Jets played 13 rookies today with a rookie HC and a rookie OC.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Offense:  LMFAO.  We found another guy who refuses to go down as he's being sacked.  Instead, putting the ball up for grabs.  Reminded me of Geno.  Right now?  The kid looks as bad as anyone we've had behind center.

I don’t think so.  

Not the best day, especially with this Oline and lack of running game, but I was encouraged by what I saw, especially in the 2nd half. Toughness and some better throws.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

I don’t think so.  

Not the best day, especially with this Oline and lack of running game, but I was encouraged by what I saw, especially in the 2nd half. Toughness and some better throws.

I have no idea why that dog shyte performance would encourage you.   To me, they got gashed all day.

Well, it was nice to actually watch an entire game to the end and have it be entertaining.  That's been a few years.  But, why is it that out O-line continues to react to stunts and twists as though they have never even heard of the concept and just allow the guy coming around to hit Zach as hard as possible?  And to that- why is our D-line continuing to be coached to just grab the guy in front of them and just dance around, no moves, just get stood up and do nothing?  It seems like the O and D line coaching didn't change at all.  I'm pissed about Becton looking slow and weak and getting rolled up on and crying on the sidelines.  Hell, they looked better-ish with Fant and Moses...  All-in-all, game 1 of a work in progress, happy to watch to the end after walking away disgusted after 10 minutes the last 2 years.  Seems like the halftime adjustments helped.  That's all.

In looking back, the only phase of the team that was truly terrible was the OL. The defense did decently. A few breakdowns, and the best RB in the game did his damage, but overall, the defense was at worst tolerable. Wilson was solid when he has time. Maybe the drops were a bit of an issue, but the ground game, when it got blocking, showed it could be effective. Specials were pretty decent, especially considering the Mann injury.

This loss shows just how important the OL is.

Not a great game by any unit, but every aspect of the team played at worst an OK game except the OL.