2021 Week One Game Thread -- Jets vs Panthers; Let's Go Jets

Maxman

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Excuse # 1 for Darnold in Carolina comes from genot!  Basically a free space on your Bingo cards if you're playing from home.

Your delusional. He had a good game. Fact. Fact#2. Panthers offensive line stinks. You need to read what I said about both QB''s having bad o-lines,and why great games by both will be hard to come by. 

• Upvote 1

Saleh’s press conference made me feel like he’s got this. He understands when problems are due to technique, scheme, execution or talent. I feel the Jets are in good hands.
I did not get that at all ... i just heard coach speak ... near gasian coach speak .... doesnt matter .. he gets the season to show what he can do with a bad team.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Zach didn't "get gashed”, my response was specific to your comments on Zach (see what I quoted).

I am encouraged by Zach's total overall play and toughness. I see no comparison to Geno Smith.

Zach played well.

1st start.  The running game helped him to the tune of 45 yards on 17 carries.   The protected him so well he was only sacked 6 times.  Receivers dropped balls.   He still came out, had a much improved 2nd half and got them 2 TDs

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, genot said:

Your delusional. He had a good game. Fact. Fact#2. Panthers offensive line stinks. You need to read what I said about both QB''s having bad o-lines,and why great games by both will be hard to come by. 

You said before the season Darnold has no excuses.  He failed to put up 300 yards, only put up 19 points and had a bad turnover against the worst/youngest D in the NFL.  Today was supposed to be a day he blew us out in a revenge game and instead he helped keep us in  the  game. 

CMC was by far the MVP.  Darnold just kind of showed up.  He blows.  

3 minutes ago, genot said:

He had an ok game. He got a ton of help from having an elite RB who gets half the touches and he missed some easy passes in the red zone plus a fumble. There aren't many Jet fans who would say they want Darnold over Wilson after watching that game. 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I had this as an ugly 16-13 loss today.  No surprise today.  Can only go up from here and it will over the course of the season.  We don't have a ton of talent obviously but some encouraging play out of a lot of our young defenders.  And the OL play will get much better.  Not too worried about that.

6 sacks Are you kidding me? Wilson fortunate he wasnt hurt. His dad putting a hit on JD as we speak.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You said before the season Darnold has no excuses.  He failed to put up 300 yards, only put up 19 points and had a bad turnover against the worst/youngest D in the NFL.  Today was supposed to be a day he blew us out in a revenge game and instead he helped keep us in  the  game. 

darnold is a game manager qb but he's not accurate.  they'd be better off with bridgewater.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He had a 68% percent completion percentage. His team won. Had a remarkable throw to Anderson for a TD. If he threw for 22 more yards and reached 300 would it have made a difference in your view that he is a stupid pile of trash. Those are your words, that have been in your posts the last 4 months

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

He had a 68% percent completion percentage. His team won. Had a remarkable throw to Anderson for a TD. If he threw for 22 more yards and reached 300 would it have made a difference in your view that he is a stupid pile of trash. Those are your words, that have been in your posts the last 4 months

Don't think I used those exact words, but sure, he is a stupid pile of trash, and he nearly let us win this one.  Us.  

Personally, only gratifying aspect of today's game was seeing that Sam Darnold is EXACTLY who I thought he was.  A bum.  The putz missed a TD to a wide open TE in the end zone and had another TD miss on an awful pass wide.  A better QB and we're down by 24-30.  Only his inept play kept us in the game today.  "Cause folks, we looked as bad as ever.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

darnold is a game manager qb but he's not accurate.  they'd be better off with bridgewater.

Lol. This is why I posted that people around football would be laughing  their asses off reading this sh.. He had close to a 70% completion percentage. CMC of course had a lot to do with that. He still had to get the ball to him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Personally, only gratifying aspect of today's game was seeing that Sam Darnold is EXACTLY who I thought he was.  A bum.  The putz missed a TD to a wide open TE in the end zone and had another TD miss on an awful pass wide.  A better QB and we're down by 24-30.  Only his inept play kept us in the game today.  "Cause folks, we looked as bad as ever.

darnold has always been bad in the red zone and today was more of the same.  wilson 2 for 2.

5 minutes ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

You can join me on the 9ers bandwagon bro... Lololololol 

I'm still shaking my head over the folks on this board and elsewhere who were calling Garoppolo a bust.   We would kill to have a guy putting up his numbers.  A better throw in the SB and he's an immortal along side Montana and Young.

Just now, munchmemory said:

I'm still shaking my head over the folks on this board and elsewhere who were calling Garoppolo a bust.   We would kill to have a guy putting up his numbers.  A better throw in the SB and he's an immortal along side Montana and Young.

Ehh, he'd go down as a meh QB who won a SB.  Like Joe Flacco.  Flacco isn't an "immortal".

5 minutes ago, genot said:

Lol. This is why I posted that people around football would be laughing  their asses off reading this sh.. He had close to a 70% completion percentage. CMC of course had a lot to do with that. He still had to get the ball to him.

Yes, 3 yard screen throws are super hard. 

He had about 8.0 YPA which is good for Darnold's standards but mediocre at best for the NFL's standards.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, genot said:

Why are you so invested in Darnold doing well?  Defending him no matter what?

• Upvote 1