• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

actually the numbers wound up being respectable anyway. darnold sh*ts the bed if he is the jets qb today

Wilson getting pounded all day and still keeping his eyes down field 

Zach wilson looks good despite what the numbers might say

Posted Images

Corey Davis needs to be targeted more. Every time he caught the ball, it was a big play. I think we may have hit on a very good free agent.

wilson played well even though line was dominated. Kid looks like a gamer.

defense was spotty but holding a team to 19 points with wha cmc did today isn’t bad at all. 

im not expecting this team to make the playoffs and even though the first half wasn’t ideal, the team fought til the end. Saleh is the anti gase.

• Upvote 2

Maybe I’m the only one who isn’t completely devastated by a Week 1 loss on the road with a rookie HC and rookie QB where the Jets looked better in the 2nd half than in the 1st.

I thought we’d lose by about a TD. It was 19-14. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Corey Davis needs to be targeted more. Every time he caught the ball, it was a big play. I think we may have hit on a very good free agent.

wilson played well even though line was dominated. Kid looks like a gamer.

defense was spotty but holding a team to 19 points with wha cmc did today isn’t bad at all. 

im not expecting this team to make the playoffs and even though the first half wasn’t ideal, the team fought til the end. Saleh is the anti gase.

Jets look like they’ll compete every week. They won’t fold like a tent as they did under Gase. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Maybe I’m the only one who isn’t completely devastated by a Week 1 loss on the road with a rookie HC and rookie QB where the Jets looked better in the 2nd half than in the 1st.

I don’t think many are. As long as we aren’t getting blown out and staying will be competitive, I’ll be happy this season. Team is too young to expect much more.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Vader said:

1st Muslim American Head Coach. That banner is going to look handsome next to SB III and all the other participation banners.

Uncalled for

never once have i heard of a player or coachs religious preference being relevant. Not one time.

Tell me about your religious beliefs Vader….do you not like Muslims?

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm a little crushed at how bad the OL performed. And mostly because that will effect all aspects of the offense and make things 10x harder. 

I am glad they seemed to try different things to get going on offense. They didn't just stick with the run and hope it worked. Hopefully they take this and other early weeks and learn what they can do best and what doesnt work and go from there.

• Upvote 2

All these people on here that were taking victory laps all offseason and preseason have to face reality is a pretty big bright spot for me. Of course, now they're overreacting because they convinced themselves the Jets were going to actually compete for the playoffs/division. Oh, they said no and covered it with "7-8 wins", but they were thinking otherwise. 

Rookie head Coach

Rookie Coordinators

Rookie QB

New Blocking Scheme

Limited players on offensive line

Poor secondary

At least people know now this will be a long season and many will check out. 

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

No its the chicken littles that are devastated, as usual.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

actually the numbers wound up being respectable anyway. darnold sh*ts the bed if he is the jets qb today

Darnold starts hot and fizzles out. Did it again today. If the Jets could have come out and scored some points, putting pressure on Darnold to throw further down the field, it's a different game. However, the fact that Wilson and the offense fought back and the defense played better than expected, I'm not as disappointed as I could have been right now. 

• Upvote 2

Ammendola was the biggest.  I think halftime adjustments are also a big thing.  Last year it would have been 30 more minutes of the first half trash, this year they actually did stuff during halftime and it worked.  Reasonably happy with everyone except for the O and D lines and the RB's. 

• Upvote 2

They didnt throw in the towel at half time like usual

The youth on defense didnt get folded as badly as we expected

Wilson and Davis were good when they had time

Berrios can definitely take over for Crowder next year

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Uncalled for

never once have i heard of a player or coachs religious preference being relevant. Not one time.

Tell me about your religious beliefs Vader….do you not like Muslims?

Are you dumb? It’s a historic first that was mentioned on the broadcast and elsewhere. Point being made is it doesn’t show up in the win column.

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

Zach wilson looks good despite what the numbers might say

Only around 40 yards shy of 300 yards passing.  So rare you see 300+ from a Jet QB, you have to go back to Testeverde.

You put Sam Darnold in Zac Wilson’s shoes today, no pass protection, with no running game, I don’t think he goes over 150 yards and he doesn’t hit 2 TD throws like Wilson.

I just want Wilson to stay healthy this year and progress.  I saw some beautiful pinpoint throws he made today, and even almost made a game of it at the end unbelievably.

Wish Darnold the best, any QB playing for this team has a mountain to climb.

26 minutes ago, peebag said:

I think we have a qb to build around

Which is the most important thing about this season. Considering the pressure he was under most of the game, Zach hung in there. Get the line straightened out, and we're on to something.

• Upvote 3
Just now, BloodGreen said:

- 2nd half adjustments were promising.
- Buffalo lost
- Sam was bad overall, and we definitely did the right thing shopping him out

It’s guaranteed that the AFC East will be 1-3 after this weekend.

Only one AFCE team winning in Week 1 doesn’t set the Jets far back.

• Like 1

I thought the team showed some fight.  The loss of Becton was an improvement.  Zach got killed and didn’t break.  Lots to build on.  

first game of the season.  Thought the D played okay and Zach mentally tough as nails.  

• Biggest plus today was the halftime adjustments.  When was the last time we saw that from a Jets coach???
  • Corey Davis is a player.
  • Zach fought back and withstood a vicious rush (and terrible OL play).
  • The young secondary didn’t embarrass themselves.
  • Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I'm a little crushed at how bad the OL performed.

This.

Most of today was not surprising.

The depth of the poor play of the O-line, THAT WAS surprising.

Very disappointing.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Which is the most important thing about this season. Considering the pressure he was under most of the game, Zach hung in there. Get the line straightened out, and we're on to something.

Hard to do that when your GM doesn't know o-line from his a-hole.

13 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

- Wilson is legit
- Secondary didn’t play as bad as expected.
-I liked the coaching overall, from Saleh. Played to win.
- 2nd half adjustments were promising.
- Buffalo lost
- Sam was bad overall, and we definitely did the right thing shopping him out and drafting Wilson

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yeah, pretty much agree with this although I wouldn't say Darnold was bad. I think he was okay, mainly because they played with a lead the entire time. If the Panthers were forced to throw to someone other than CMC, the other Darnold would have come out.