Oh no! Zachapono might suck?!?

freestater

Don’t buy that

Dudes with his natural talent and obsessive “want to” and dedication don’t bust.

At the very least I feel he’ll be a Kirk Cousins/Baker Mayfield “middle of the pack” QB.

At best? He’s Top 5 for the better part of two decades.

He may not be Rodgers or Mahomes or Marino, as many like to compare him to. But I seriously doubt that any of us will have this “f*ck this guy, let’s move on” attitude towards him 2-3 years from now.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I thought the QB was pretty solid in total, but the rest of the team was as bad as I’ve ever seen it. 

It was cringe worthy at best.  Man, that was hard to watch. The DL was getting bashed up by McCafferty. It was video game like. Darnold had eons to throw.  The pass rush was not existant for the most. We couldnt run at all. That is extremely worrisome since that will put us in 2nd/3rd and long which is not good for a young QB. Zach was trying to do to much instead of throwing the ball away. He forced way to many passes but thats just growing pains for a rookie QB. Not what I expected to see but then again I really had no idea what I was expecting. The one really disappointing thing was the OL. They played horrendously.  Just no excuse with Becton (2nd year), AVT (1st round pick) McGovern, Van Roten, Fant, Moses ( vets).  Totally outplayed. 

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, freestater said:

I'll bump this after Zach gets a year of the David Carr treatment. 

Not sure at all what that means.

But I'll tell you....and I've been pretty clear about this..

This is a ridiculously young team...drops and mistakes should have been expected and should continue to be expected.

Next year is the year not this one.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Oh come on. Gonna take lease 5-6 games to kill him. It’s not like the rest of the team can play that much worse!? Right? Maybe? Hold me! 

Dude.

I love you....But don't buy into the sky is falling crowd.  Under the circumstance ZW was fantastic.

We should be expecting this from the youngest offense in the NFL.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1