Becton Carted Off (MCL sprain)

36 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Man the takes here are so over the top in either direction. 

Lay out the facts... 

1- Wirfs was the safer and more stable pick to being with. Everyone knew it. JD even stated he picked Becton for upside. 

2- Becton WAS out of shape last year, by his own admission, and you could see it on field. 

3- Becton had a decent rookie campaign when he was on the field, nothing all pro, but looked to have a bright future. 

4- Becton did NOT deserve any ROY awards last year (what the actual **** lol)

5- Wirfs was the obvious better player by season end. 

6- Becton came into camp THIS year in much better shape.

7- Becton got his lunch money stolen all training camp. 

8- Becton looked absolutely atrocious this game and nearly got Zach killed. 

9- When Becton went out, the offense DID player better, regardless of game plan. 

The offense started playing better when he was in there — in fact the lay he got hurt on he successfully blocked on a TD pass. Freak injury, got rolled up on from behind.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Obviously below I'm just pulling random stuff off the internet, but what you wrote doesn't necessarily seem to be true (unless you have inside info):

On Nick Chubb:

https://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008-2018-nfp-archive/the-training-room/monday-morning-md-mcl-injuries-abound/

Neither of those guys knees support the tonnage on top

5 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Probably thought it was season ending or worse. 

Just goofing on him about the crying. But he is soft , and injury prone . We whiffed on a Top 10 OL pick ..which is the safest pick to make . Bad , very bad …Wirfs is going to plug and play for 10 years and not miss a snap. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Seriously…in tears ? For a sprain ? Soft . 

Because ligament tears hurt worse than sprains... Oh wait there is no medical science behind this hot take opinion... The amount of medical stupidity that pops up on this board anytime someone gets hurt amazes me. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Really should consider moving him to RG and then as a swing tackle, as this injury could affect his lateral mobility for the year. Best line with a under 100% Becton is probably the one with Moses in and our other crappy RG out.

Fant—AVT—McGovern—Becton—Moses 

6 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Because ligament tears hurt worse than sprains... Oh wait there is no medical science behind this hot take opinion... The amount of medical stupidity that pops up on this board anytime someone gets hurt amazes me. 

Soft . 

8 minutes ago, TheMo said:

You know you're right...let me ignore all of my medical school knowledge and go with an opinion driven by caveman science! Jeez why didn't I think of this sooner?! Amirite @Warfish??? Lol this place

Reading me your resume is …..Soft . 

1 hour ago, TheMo said:

People acting like a roll up injury has anything to do with conditioning are out of their minds. If he pulled a muscle you'd all have a better point. Ligamentous injuries with this mechanism of injury are just bad timing issues. That they listed him as doubtful is the only hope we have. Also did it ever occur to anyone that replacing fant with Moses might be more relevant. The lack of logic on this board never ceases to amaze. 

Is there any video of the play where he was injured?

• Upvote 1