Becton Carted Off (MCL sprain)

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of the responses in this thread are beyond sad. He's still a ******* kid who might've gotten a season-ending injury. Good lord

I don’t even feel bad for him.   He was terrible all game.   When you get bull-rushed and/or beaten and thrown off balance every play… it was bound to happen that he got rolled up on in awkward f

Man the takes here are so over the top in either direction.  Lay out the facts...  1- Wirfs was the safer and more stable pick to being with. Everyone knew it. JD even stated he picked Becto

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

That's still gonna take almost half the season to recover. 

If Becton is unable to workout while re-habbing he could gain 30 to 40 pounds and it'll take him an additional 2-3 weeks to get into playing shape.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Should reevaluate your stance. This just makes you seem like a terrible person

I will not reevaluate my stance.  Becton was awful.  Better him than getting Zach Wilson badly injured.  The OL was better when he left the game.

The only thing I view differently?  That Carl Lawson was probably not as good as advertised.  Besting Becton is clearly not a difficult ask.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Wish him the best speedy recovery but I'm not surprised he stunk it up today.

Carl Lawson exposed this guy in TC.

CS tried to not make an issue of it but it was real and maybe he needs to regain his confidence.

I also think we need to reconsider the Carl Lawson hype.  It was probably more Becton being lousy than Lawson being Bruce Smith.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

Becton haters out in force. Clearly didn't watch the game. 

You mean the game where our QB was better protected and more effective when the starting LT had to leave the game?

Oh, I assure you my Television was QUITE OPERATIONAL when Becton left....

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
7 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I will not reevaluate my stance.  Becton was awful.  Better him than getting Zach Wilson badly injured.  The OL was better when he left the game.

The only thing I view differently?  That Carl Lawson was probably not as good as advertised.  Besting Becton is clearly not a difficult ask.

Great point. Lawson was a step above a JAG his whole career until this July. Coincidence? 

• Confused 1

What happen today was not Becton fault as all. When a player rolls up on your legs, it has nothing to do with a player being soft.
When a man works his arse off to get in shape to play in this game and then he gets injured and might be facing a season ending injury you might cry to.
Now, what everyone needs to understand is Becton has been used to just using his size to overpower his opponent his whole career. He is now being asked to zone block, and thus he is having to learn a whole new way to play LT.
So those who want to call him a bust or the wrong draft pick need to chill and give him a chance to learn how to make this change.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, fltflo said:

What happen today was not Becton fault as all. When a player rolls up on your legs, it has nothing to do with a player being soft.
When a man works his arse off to get in shape to play in this game and then he gets injured and might be facing a season ending injury you might cry to.
Now, what everyone needs to understand is Becton has been used to just using his size to overpower his opponent his whole career. He is now being asked to zone block, and thus he is having to learn a whole new way to play LT.
So those who want to call him a bust or the wrong draft pick need to chill and give him a chance to learn how to make this change.

Correct me if I’m wrong but zone blocking ONLY involves run blocking, not pass setting

Becton was man up on the edge rusher and gave up an easy sack 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, fltflo said:

He was the wrong draft pick . I get that JD swung for the fences , but he swung and missed . Wirfs was the pick . Would have plug and played for a decade like DBrick . He blew it .

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, HessStation said:

This thread may be exactly why Jets fans don’t deserve nice things. Holy sh*t the guy deserved rookie of the year last year 

For real though he played well last year and a large portion of our fan base acts like a bunch of ****** nozzles at the first sign of a struggle. 

Glad to see it's a sprain and not a tear and hope whenever  he gets back he has his head straight and plays better. Something has been obviously off with him. 

• Upvote 1

To JD’s credit, he went out and signed a 3rd starting T, which is not usual.  He knew Becton would spend a lot of time not being able to play, and he was right.  Worse than even I expected.  

The reason you draft Becton instead if Wirfs is that you assume Becton could be as good of a RT as Wirfs, but Becton has the potential to be a LT.   So maybe Becton needs to back to playing RT or RG when he gets back.  But he needs to get his stuff together. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You mean the game where our QB was better protected and more effective when the starting LT had to leave the game?

Oh, I assure you my Television was QUITE OPERATIONAL when Becton left....

🤣🤣🤣

You're TV might have been operational but you must've watched with your glasses off. 

Why don't you take another look at the evidence and get this silly narrative that the offense played better when he got hurt out of your head. They started playing better while Becton was in. And this video shows that Becton had a good game on the left side. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

🤣🤣🤣

You're TV might have been operational but you must've watched with your glasses off. 

Why don't you take another look at the evidence and get this silly narrative that the offense played better when he got hurt out of your head. They started playing better while Becton was in. And this video shows that Becton had a good game on the left side. 

Stop it. You're alone on that island, son

21 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but zone blocking ONLY involves run blocking, not pass setting

Becton was man up on the edge rusher and gave up an easy sack 

Or was it a coverage sack? Even the announcers called it a coverage sack and Fant was getting undressed throughout the game.

• Like 1
Just now, JetBlue said:

In tears because maybe he feels his season could be over and he is unhappy with the way he played today?   WTF is wrong with you people?  Damn seriously get over yourselves please.   

Or maybe because….and hear me out …because he’s soft . 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

So you wont watch the literal evidence from the game thats put in front of you? 

Pretty clear then that you can't admit you're wrong, son

I watched the whole game, young lady. Becton was trash, and we got better when he left  Period. Done. End.

😆 

Clown.

• Upvote 2