Becton Carted Off (MCL sprain)

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

Or was it a coverage sack? Even the announcers called it a coverage sack and Fant was getting undressed throughout the game.

Becton had the RDE dismiss him in a ridiculously easy manner for a sack. It was pathetic, really.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of the responses in this thread are beyond sad. He's still a ******* kid who might've gotten a season-ending injury. Good lord

I don’t even feel bad for him.   He was terrible all game.   When you get bull-rushed and/or beaten and thrown off balance every play… it was bound to happen that he got rolled up on in awkward f

Man the takes here are so over the top in either direction.  Lay out the facts...  1- Wirfs was the safer and more stable pick to being with. Everyone knew it. JD even stated he picked Becto

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I watched the whole game, young lady. Becton was trash, and we got better when he left  Period. Done. End.

😆 

Clown.

If you watched the whole game and came away with that then you obviously have some processing issues. 

So defensive because I gave you a video of every pass play that proves your take so wrong.

What a bitch ass. 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Stop it. You're alone on that island, son

Watch Becton for the first five minutes of that video and then watch Fant for the last two. Just stop.

10 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

In tears because maybe he feels his season could be over and he is unhappy with the way he played today?   WTF is wrong with you people?  Damn seriously get over yourselves please.   

Or he felt like he let his teammates down. This board is ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Becton had the RDE dismiss him in a ridiculously easy manner for a sack. It was pathetic, really.

Was that before or after he blocked him for four seconds? Curious minds want to know.

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

Another terrible hot take. 🤦‍♂️

How is that?

This guy hasn't been able to stay healthy and when he has be gets beaten....

Sure, when he's healthy he's very good against the run - but that's not all you need from a franchise LT.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

If you watched the whole game and came away with that then you obviously have some processing issues. 

So defensive because I gave you a video of every pass play that proves your take so wrong.

What a bitch ass. 

Bitch Ass? Is that good or bad? 

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Last time I checked, games are about 60 minutes of clock time long...

BTW, how's Chuma doing?

😆 

Love how you bring that up yet leave out how I hit on about 90% of these players. Especially coming from someone who never talks about prospects. That's some weak sauce right there, I expected better from you.....well not really. 

Just now, bgivs21 said:

Clearly it's someone who doesn't know anything about football and wants to give their hot takes anyway. Kinda like a Skip Bayless.

Wait I’m just processing this , as was pointed out above by Dr McDreamy I’m not that smart …you’re actually trying to say that Becton played good today ? That’s your take ? LoL 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Went right around him lol. 

Should he always hold his block for ten seconds? You do realize that elite tackles sometimes give up a sack, some are what are considered coverage sacks because the QB had no where to go with the ball or held it too long. Kinda like what the announcers pointed out.

Now go back and look at Fant. I guess you could, or you could still be a dick.

2 hours ago, TheMo said:

Because ligament tears hurt worse than sprains... Oh wait there is no medical science behind this hot take opinion... The amount of medical stupidity that pops up on this board anytime someone gets hurt amazes me. 

Does it?

1 minute ago, Jolot said:

Wait I’m just processing this , as was pointed out above by Dr McDreamy I’m not that smart …you’re actually trying to say that Becton played good today ? That’s your take ? LoL 

In the thread of every Zach Wilson throw, just watch Becton. Outside of the 1 sack he got beat on, where is he being dominated?

He's not, you guys just have developed these blinders and hate on him for no real reason

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Wirfs was the right choice.

I love what JD is doing and his concept is the right call...

He'll have hits and misses...Becton is a miss...

We need to accept that and move on

I tend to agree, it is truly disappointing. Sure, he may look good sometimes, but his health is inconsistent. 

1 minute ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I tend to agree, it is truly disappointing. Sure, he may look good sometimes, but his health is inconsistent. 

Yup...Even if Becton can stay healthy, which seems to be a long shot.

He's shown little ability to be a legitimate pass blocker.

move him to RT and draft an LT with our first pick.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Yup...Even if Becton can stay healthy, which seems to be a long shot.

He's shown little ability to be a legitimate pass blocker.

move him to RT and draft an LT with our first pick.

at least thats an idea because Moses, whom I expected a lot more, was another disappointment. 

Just now, Ecuadorian Jet said:

at least thats an idea because Moses, whom I expected a lot more, was another disappointment. 

Look.,

This was the worst OL in the NFL last year.  All they did was upgrade with a rookie G...

and a coin toss of a RT.  

They have a lot of work to do!

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Wirfs was the right choice.

I love what JD is doing and his concept is the right call...

He'll have hits and misses...Becton is a miss...

We need to accept that and move on

Yet Becton graded higher than Wirfs and was playing LT for a Gase led offense with Darnold at the helm, when Wirfs was playing RT for the goat.

The biggest concern on Becton has been his health which wasn't an issue when he entered the league. Wirfs is a great player but Becton has sky is the limit potential.

I'm glad you have written him off at the ripe old age of 22 when we have seen him as a dominant force in this league as a 21 year old rookie.

15 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

He's not, you guys just have developed these blinders and hate on him for no real reason

If we offered Becton for a 4th to the NFL, no one would take the deal.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look.,

This was the worst OL in the NFL last year.  All they did was upgrade with a rookie G...

and a coin toss of a RT.  

They have a lot of work to do!

Hey, it’s only been 3 years, let’s give Douglas more time!

SAR I

Just now, sciond said:

Regardless of how we feel about  becton his challenge is staying on the field 

Yup.

I think if he could stay healthy he would be fine

But JD should have known better.  The ability of his staying healthy at his size was always going to be a long shot..

Again, I Love JD - but this was clearly the wrong call over Wirfs.  We need to accept that and move on.

He went big instead of safe, he'll learn (I hope)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
1 minute ago, RobR said:

Yet Becton graded higher than Wirfs and was playing LT for a Gase led offense with Darnold at the helm, when Wirfs was playing RT for the goat.

The biggest concern on Becton has been his health which wasn't an issue when he entered the league. Wirfs is a great player but Becton has sky is the limit potential.

I'm glad you have written him off at the ripe old age of 22 when we have seen him as a dominant force in this league as a 21 year old rookie.

Yes.  He's done.  Will never be healthy for a 17 game schedule....Bad choice.  

It happens to all GM's..it's okay.  I just hope he learns from it.