Give the coaches credit and congrats to Sam

KO91

20 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Game script didn’t call for it. They didn’t really need to air it out. Not saying sam is or isn’t good but youre kidding yourself if you think sam looked anything like he did today last year. Sam looked like a competent qb today. It was night and day from any game last year to the game today.

Wut it was a 1 score game. For this extremely lame performance to be held out as some sort of win tells you all you need to know about how Sam’s supposed fans really feel about him.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Game script didn’t call for it. They didn’t really need to air it out. Not saying sam is or isn’t good but youre kidding yourself if you think sam looked anything like he did today last year. Sam looked like a competent qb today. It was night and day from any game last year to the game today.

19 points in today's NFL is not competent.  He literally fumbled the ball into his fullback and missed several wide open receivers.  He sucks and kept us in the game.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Notice that "Mr. Stoic" Saleh was losing it a few times on the sidelines.  Shows you that preseason means jack sh*t.  Once the real games start, the pressure is just different and at another level.  

Stoic? Saleh is like the Ultimate Warrior on the sideline cheerleading and showing emotion always. I think it was part of his brand in SF. 

Off the field, he is super mature, I thought you saw that in his presser.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, genot said:

I don't care if people like him. When you call him stupid, I think that's a real cheap shot. With no basis in fact.I don't understand the desire to continously  trash him. If he conducted himself like Adam's Yea. Darnold has always been the anti Adam's. 

But he is stupid when it comes to football.  I don't consider something a cheap shot when its true.  He is not a smart football player, at all.  So who cares?  Get over it, because people aren't going to stop saying what is clearly and obviously true 39 starts into Darnold's career.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But he is stupid when it comes to football.  I don't consider something a cheap shot when its true.  He is not a smart football player, at all.  So who cares?  Get over it, because people aren't going to stop saying what is clearly and obviously true 39 starts into Darnold's career.

Interceptions happen for more than one reason. When your team stinks. When your receivers can't get open or run correct routes. You force things to try and put points up. QB's can make mistakes for that reason. Not because they don't understand defenses

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 hours ago, KO91 said:

Feel pretty good about this loss. Love how the coaches were able to adjust and made this a game in the 2nd half. 

Sam played well today. The guy was always a class act here and I hope he turns his career around in Carolina. 

Other notes:

Berrios is a stud. Would rather see him get playing time as opposed to Crowder who is gone next year 

I’d like to see Mims and Josh Adams get some burn on offense. Seems like those two (along with Berrios) always produce when given the opportunity

Rough game for AVT and Elijah Moore 

we are their only win

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, genot said:

Interceptions happen for more than one reason. When your team stinks. When your receivers can't get open or run correct routes. You force things to try and put points up. QB's can make mistakes for that reason. Not because they don't understand defenses

He makes stupid decisions.  Like taking sacks out of bounds, throwing into triple coverage, or fumbling into his fullback.  Hence he's stupid at football.   

You can argue some of his bad decisions aren't his fault.  But he has 39 INT's and 21 fumbles in his NFL career, in 39 starts.  You can't excuse them all or claim he's smart at football with those numbers.  He also led FBS in turnovers in 2017 at USC despite playing for a very good team.  So we're now going on 5+ years of playing football where he's made dumb decision after dumb decision at QB that costs his offense the football.

Can we be done with this discussion now?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He makes stupid decisions.  Like taking sacks out of bounds, throwing into triple coverage, or fumbling into his fullback.  Hence he's stupid at football.   You can argue some of his bad decisions aren't his fault.  But he has 39 INT's and 21 fumbles in his NFL career, in 39 starts.  You can't excuse them all or claim he's smart at football with those numbers.  He also led FBS in turnovers in 2017 at USC despite playing for a very good team.  

Can we be done with this discussion now?

Here we go again. I didn't start this thread that had Sam's name in it. I wasn't  the first to post a comment. Just responding to others

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Then stop quoting me with foolishness, please?

You use strong language to defend your thoughts. Not necessary, unless your unsure of your views. Others start talking about Darnold. The thrashers jump too post, then question why someone would have the guts to raise an opposing view. That's foolishness.

• WTF? 1

I'm dismayed that so many JetsNation.com forum posters apparently believe that "**** Darnold" is somehow useful or appropriate commentary.  I congratulate the OP on being able to take a (somewhat) dispassionate view in examining a particular player's performance.  Unfortunately, I fear many JetsNation.com posters are unable to see past a petty hometown mentality.  Myself, I was born in Nassau County, have resided in Onandaga County, and am currently taking a semester off in New York County, so I thoroughly understand the temptation.  Let us at least try to transcend the boorish mentality that leads to such unproductive and - frankly - mindless comments such as "**** Darnold."

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

I'm dismayed that so many JetsNation.com forum posters apparently believe that "**** Darnold" is somehow useful or appropriate commentary.  I congratulate the OP on being able to take a (somewhat) dispassionate view in examining a particular player's performance.  Unfortunately, I fear many JetsNation.com posters are unable to see past a petty hometown mentality.  Myself, I was born in Nassau County, have resided in Onandaga County, and am currently taking a semester off in New York County, so I thoroughly understand the temptation.  Let us at least try to transcend the boorish mentality that leads to such unproductive and - frankly - mindless comments such as "**** Darnold."

F**k Darnold and GFY

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

Just go back to your usual account. 

3 hours ago, genot said:

You use strong language to defend your thoughts. Not necessary, unless your unsure of your views. Others start talking about Darnold. The thrashers jump too post, then question why someone would have the guts to raise an opposing view. That's foolishness.

You wanna talk guts? It only seems we are piling on now because we were right about Darnold but it wasn’t too long ago that this view brought out the firing squad around here.

9 hours ago, jgb said:

You wanna talk guts? It only seems we are piling on now because we were right about Darnold but it wasn’t too long ago that this view brought out the firing squad around here.

Lol. If you didn't see the difference in Darnold;then you should start knitting on Sunday's and forget about football

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, genot said:

Lol. If you didn't see the difference in Darnold;then you should start knitting on Sunday's and forget about football

Let’s assume he played great. Wasn’t the entire premise behind the case for Sam is that we shouldn’t be making snap conclusions about him after “only” 39 games? This victory lap — such as it is — will backfire mightily.

We all said — me included — that any pro QB can flash. Even though Sam’s flashes this game were like half dead fireflies in a jar with no air holes, this was the perfect situation. Historically terrible defense, best RB in football week one and fresh, and revenge game. And he still played like… Sam Darnold. In fact I predicted his career-best game. I was wrong. He is even worse than I thought.

This demonstrates perfectly why Darnold defenders refused to define before the season what a successful season from Darnold would look like. So they could use flacid performances like this as “proof” they were right.

• Post of the Week 2

19 hours ago, David Harris said:

Sam missed two gimme TD’s due to poor accuracy.  He’ll never be accurate. 

he’s a fame manager that will flash some very cool plays at times.  Will never be a top 10 guy.

This is so true. Plus he botched that hand off to throw away more points. Sam is a great guy but an average nfl qb. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, jgb said:

Let’s assume he played great. Wasn’t the entire premise behind the case for Sam is that we shouldn’t be making snap conclusions about him after “only” 39 games? This victory lap — such as it is — will backfire mightily.

We all said — me included — that any pro QB can flash. Even though Sam’s flashes this game were like half dead fireflies in a jar with no air holes, this was the perfect situation. Historically terrible defense, best RB in football week one and fresh, and revenge game. And he still played like… Sam Darnold. In fact I predicted his career-best game. I was wrong. He is even worse than I thought.

This demonstrates perfectly why Darnold defenders refused to define before the season what a successful season from Darnold would look like. So they could use flacid performances like this as “proof” they were right.

I said to my other Jet Nation friend,(JetsFan80), let's give him 8 -10 games and see what he's doing. It wasn't about the numbers with me, yesterday. He was standing in the pocket more, making quick decisions. He too what the defense gave him. In one training camp, it looks like he's been coached up very well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, genot said:

Sam was terrible with all things considered: 

1. Best RB in game game who is also the most versatile

2.  2 solid star caliber WR’s on the outside and a talented rookie WR to compliment

He missed many give me  throws, fumbled a hand off and was carried by the short passing game. 

Zach in the other hand challenged all levels of the field while being under pressure literally all game, oh and he threw more touchdowns yesterday too. 

Now watch when the panthers play good teams and they take out run cmc and need the QB to win the game ???

darnold will be exposed so hard this year  

watch

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Sam was terrible with all things considered: 

1. Best RB in game game who is also the most versatile

2.  2 solid star caliber WR’s on the outside and a talented rookie WR to compliment

He missed many give me  throws, fumbled a hand off and was carried by the short passing game. 

Zach in the other hand challenged all levels of the field while being under pressure literally all game, oh and he threw more touchdowns yesterday too. 

Now watch when the panthers play good teams and they take out run cmc and need the QB to win the game ???

darnold will be exposed so hard this year  

watch

They play New Orleans next week. We'll see what happens.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

*** Jets fans across JN predict a Panther blowout, with Darnold going for 400+ yards and 30+ points ***

Final score:  Panthers 19, Jets 14.  Darnold fails to reach 300 yards.

*** Same Jets fans ***

"Ya see????  Told you he's gonna kill it in Carolina!!!"

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, genot said:

I said to my other Jet Nation friend,(JetsFan80), let's give him 8 -10 games and see what he's doing. It wasn't about the numbers with me, yesterday. He was standing in the pocket more, making quick decisions. He too what the defense gave him. In one training camp, it looks like he's been coached up very well.

It’s never about the numbers with Sam. How can it be? His number always suck.

11 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

Not bad for the 37th best qb in the nfl?

Pretty much the expected performance for a low tier starting QB against a terrible defense. He "led" the Panthers to 19 points against what has a very good chance of being the worst defense in football this year and with the greatest threat out of the backfield in the NFL (maybe #2 behind Kamara and look what "INT Machine Winston" just did with Kamara and without his #1 WR). Yet this somehow validates those who "told us" that Darnold was going to thrive away from New York? As usual, the standards by which his supporters judge him befuddle me.

• Post of the Week 2