Jump to content

Where the bleep was Mims all game?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mims is a soft disappointing injury prone jag.

No.  Robby Anderson’s TD out coverage was just clearly beat.     Mims catch the cornerback was expecting help from the safety that wasn’t there.     2 different things.  

This game comes down to poor play of the offensive line and Mike Lefleur and his love affair with Braxton Berrios.  Where the actual f**k was Mims the entire game????  He gets on the field and all he

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

His catch was busted coverage.  
 

I’m not saying he shouldn’t have been in but let’s not overreact to that one catch.  

you mean just like robbie anderson's td? & host of other pass completions made by Sam.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

This game comes down to poor play of the offensive line and Mike Lefleur and his love affair with Braxton Berrios.  Where the actual f**k was Mims the entire game????  He gets on the field and all he does is make the biggest play of the game;  the dude is a walking mismatch.  I hope and pray that after this game Lefleur gets his head out his ass and gets Mims on the field.  They said he had his best practice on Friday and yet he is an afterthought.   I realize Moore was a little rusty so after missing all preseason plus no Keelan Cole and yet who do I see every freaking time?  BB!  Look not saying can't be a contributer but Mims can be a special player of given the opportunity.  the fact that he wasn't on the field much was criminal.

LaFleur is Shotty 2.0

 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Mims is a soft disappointing injury prone jag.

This is also true.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

Mims could have continued that play after the catch instead of giving up once contact was made. I am guessing it is that type of play that reflects on attitude and work ethic, that has him in the dog house. Talent is there, but his lack of finish on that play today spoke volumes about his heart. Just my opinion and gut reaction.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

All gas, find the sideline. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BallinPB said:

His catch was busted coverage.  
 

I’m not saying he shouldn’t have been in but let’s not overreact to that one catch.  

No I will overreact because the one pass to him was almost a game changer.  Maybe just maybe we should try and throw the ball to him a few times more?  Just a thought... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BallinPB said:

No.  Robby Anderson’s TD out coverage was just clearly beat.  
 

Mims catch the cornerback was expecting help from the safety that wasn’t there.  
 

2 different things.  

Doesn't matter the bottom line is he made the biggest play yardage wise in the game.  Meanwhile we keep force feeding Braxton Berrios.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

Doesn't matter the bottom line is he made the biggest play yardage wise in the game.  Meanwhile we keep force feeding Braxton Berrios.... 

Hell if go routes all he can do just have him run one of those every play as a decoy 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jgb said:

Mims can’t grasp playbook. He runs routes like the Tin Man. He’s a jump ball/go route guy right now.

Bull hockey.  Even if that is true, then throw him the back shoulder throw or some comeback button type routes.  He also looked good last you a number of slant routes.  I remember a game when we got damn near 100 yards of offense just because the DB had to keep interfering on almost every pass to him.  This dude is a weapon and physically can dominate most match ups.  I hope next week he gets more looks and passes his way.  If we are going to lose, I want to lose with our most talented players on the field not Braxton Berrios and Jeff Smith.   

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hell if go routes all he can do just have him run one of those every play as a decoy 

DING! DING! DING! Glad someone else recognizes we have a weapon that we are not using properly and it makes little to no sense to me.    If he is not more heavily featured in the offense next week, than I will have lost a lot of confidence in LaFleur.  I know Moore was rusty and will get better each game but we must find a way to incorporate Mims in the offense, period.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Bull hockey.  Even if that is true, then throw him the back shoulder throw or some comeback button type routes.  He also looked good last you a number of slant routes.  I remember a game when we got damn near 100 yards of offense just because the DB had to keep interfering on almost every pass to him.  This dude is a weapon and physically can dominate most match ups.  I hope next week he gets more looks and passes his way.  If we are going to lose, I want to lose with our most talented players on the field not Braxton Berrios and Jeff Smith.   

You can’t not believe it but it doesn’t change it

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Bull hockey.  Even if that is true, then throw him the back shoulder throw or some comeback button type routes.  He also looked good last you a number of slant routes.  I remember a game when we got damn near 100 yards of offense just because the DB had to keep interfering on almost every pass to him.  This dude is a weapon and physically can dominate most match ups.  I hope next week he gets more looks and passes his way.  If we are going to lose, I want to lose with our most talented players on the field not Braxton Berrios and Jeff Smith.   

Wow. Dude, the guys done nothing. Like NOtHING!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HighPitch said:

Wow. Dude, the guys done nothing. Like NOtHING!

Hard to do much when you are not in the game.... or they don't pass you the football.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jgb said:

You can’t not believe it but it doesn’t change it

I don't believe it because it has yet to be proven to be accurate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why they don't play him more, but when your QB doesn't have a second to throw you adjust to quick plays IMO. I think it is important to point out that Mims raw coming out and last year was not a real full year, he is basically a rookie+, lets give him the first half of the season and the coaches a chance to get him more time on the field.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I don't believe it because it has yet to be proven to be accurate. 

Kind of how we are still waiting for proof Darnold sucks. Some of us can draw reasonable conclusions without DNA evidence and a signed confession.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Look if he was in the game and was dropping balls, running the wrong routes, not blocking when in position to do so, I could understand the attitude of some of you.  But the guy WAS HARDLY IN THE GAME.   I keep reading he is not a good fit for this offense, well you know what?  CHANGE THE F'ING OFFENSE!  Find a way to utilize this guy.  That is what GOOD coaches do.   

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Not sure why they don't play him more, but when your QB doesn't have a second to throw you adjust to quick plays IMO. I think it is important to point out that Mims raw coming out and last year was not a real full year, he is basically a rookie+, lets give him the first half of the season and the coaches a chance to get him more time on the field.

Fair points, definitely about lack of time to throw today.  I just want to see them incorporate Mims in the offense.  The guy is way too talented regardless of what some on this board think, to have behind the BB and Jeff Smiths of the world. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jgb said:

Kind of how we are still waiting for proof Darnold sucks. Some of us can draw reasonable conclusions without DNA evidence and a signed confession.

Whatever Man.  I made my point, I have no interest in going back on forth on something that is currently unknowable.  What Darnold has to do with this is beyond.   BTW Darnold did suck; was it all his fault, no it wasn't the the results were the results.   Now he has a decent offense around him and a coaching staff that is committed to helping him improve.  He didn't have that here, unfortunately.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...