Zach played well....

NYJ1

Just now, NYJ1 said:

Considering how poorly the OL played, I thought Zach really played well. He just didn't have enough time and on those rare occasions he did, Carolina corners covered our WR's quite well. Don't really know what happened on the pick? Don't know what he was thinking on that? But all in all, a courageous performance. He got the sh*t beat out of him and he still kept his poise.

No.  No one played well.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 7

Just now, Ghost said:

Zach is the least of my worries. We would’ve lost by 30 points if it wasn’t for him. The fact he made it out alive was a surprise. 

The way he dodged and gets away from those defenders is ridiculous. 

Actually quite admirable. My hope is Zach doesn't have a concussion....

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Considering how poorly the OL played, I thought Zach really played well. He just didn't have enough time and on those rare occasions he did, Carolina corners covered our WR's quite well. Don't really know what happened on the pick? Don't know what he was thinking on that? But all in all, a courageous performance. He got the sh*t beat out of him and he still kept his poise.

Is this a copy/paste of a 2018 post and Sam replaced with Zach?

They need to do something about the blocking. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t think the interception was even that bad of a decision.  It was just a really good play by the defender.  Was it the safest throw in the world?  No, but the guy was barely in position to get a hand on it, and was able to tip it up to himself.  That play could have just as easily gone as harmless incompletion.  Just a fortunate bounce for the defender.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Zach did not play well by any stretch of the imagination.  Tough for any QB to play well under those circumstances,

Just now, Action Zachtion said:

Completed 55%.  Would have been >65% and more yards with average catching.  No need for excuses for the QB.  

Yeah well it’s his first game excuses are not needed. Just have PTSD from hearing crap like this for multiple Jets QBs in a row. It’s too early even for excuses.

• WTF? 1

Haven’t read the thread, just the title.

Zach didn’t look good in the first half. He was under pressure, had some balls dropped, but he also looked shaky out there.

The two drives in garbage time were something to hang our hats on though. The kid took a beating today, but he kept fighting. So I was happy to see that.

Next up Belichek and The Patriots.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

So Zach was "garbage" today.

OK, agree to disagree I suppose.

Not singling him out it was a team effort. Actually the Jets did a little better than I expected to be honest. The Jets literally cannot disappoint me. If they avoid running the wrong way into their own end zone they’ve exceeded my expectations.

59 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

He made the game respectable and that was a beautiful TD pass to Davis in the 4th which was great to see. I have hope for Zack but he looked rattled on some drives and held the ball too long on a bunch of plays bit I am confident he will be ok.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Specifically, I did not like seeing Zack throwing a bunch of high balls today on missed passes.  And, like Sanchez, Geno and Darnold, putting the ball up for grabs as he's being sacked/pressured.   

Meh can’t make any conclusions on Zack specifically on one game. Jets are as expected a bad team. Nothing today changed any opinion I had before the game.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Not singling him out it was a team effort.

I wasn't asking about the team, tho. 

Maybe I wasn't clear (I thought I was.....)

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Actually the Jets did a little better than I expected to be honest. The Jets literally cannot disappoint me. If they avoid running the wrong way into their own end zone they’ve exceeded my expectations.

Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I expected garbage and was not disappointed in any way 

How was he garbage.  Yes I admit he was shaky in the first half but it’s his first game.  Obviously he made a mistake with the interception.  His second  half was very good.  The oline was atrocious that’s not an excuse it’s just a fact.  I dint care how good of a QB you are if you are constantly getting pressured it makes it much much harder 

• Upvote 1