Lots of hype/Zero results

kevinc855

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Ray, at least for me, it's not an overreaction.  We're all just fed up/numb from seeing the same patterns and losing season after season.

This.

Had we lost 19-14 in a hard-fought heartbreaker, no problem, it's fine, it's Week 1, we've got a lot of rookies, etc. etc.  

But that's not what happened.  We were blown out by a mediocre team with a mediocre quarterback and a backup OL.  The scoreboard didn't reflect what would have happened if we played a good NFL team or an elite NFL team.  Today was humiliating.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

DING DING DING

We're there.

It's not "hype" to ask not to be shut out in the first half of an NFL game.  It's not "hype" to ask that our DL generate pressure.  It's not "hype" to ask that a S or a LB figure out a way to stop CMC from running the same damned swing pass out of the backfield.  It's not "hype" to ask that our OL give our QB time to throw without an opponent in his face.  It's not "hype" to ask that our OC call a better game than the last bum.  It's not "hype" to ask that our HC has his team prepared.

That was the worst half of Jets football played in this century.  If this is "rebuilding" we are in huge trouble.

SAR I

Thank you.

I have been hearing the rebuilding excuse in some capacity or another for a decade. Field a competitive team. Stop with the excuses 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

We really should given up a lousy 5th for Minshew or gotten Trubisky in FA

If this is a rebuilding team full of youngsters then the only real mission we have this season is to validate and develop said youngsters.

When Zach goes down, and there's little doubt he will, putting in Mike White isn't going to help us validate the roster, isn't going to help young players develop.  It puts us in another holding pattern, another lost season, another FA period where Douglas guts the wrong players to bring in more bad youngsters.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Thank you.

I have been hearing the rebuilding excuse in some capacity or another for a decade. Field a competitive team. Stop with the excuses 

Joe Douglas, Time's Up.

If you were a good GM, we'd be seeing that by now.  

And your strategy that says we are the smart team that can pay cheap money for injured and broken castoffs isn't working.  But your drafts, well, your drafts are just fantastic.  Good job there.  Remind me, who are your best picks, you know, like the top five that are sure-fire superstars, silly me, I forget.

SAR I

• Haha 1

Anybody who wasnt a blind homer and Joe Douglas stan could see this team was going to be awful.

The Panthers are a bad team and Darnold isnt good. A good team would have hung 40+ on us today.

This is a 2-3- win team. 

Joe Douglas is supposed ot be an offensive line guru I've been told repeatedly on here. He fixed the o line I've been told.

We have dumped more resources into this group than any other on the team and it looks as bad if not worse than when he got here. Remember when we had a jag center and like.the first thing Douglas did was over pay a center to come out of retirement and he was even worse than the center we had? That move still sums up his tenure as GM here.

His Homers will continue to make excuses and blame everyone else.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Anybody who wasnt a blind homer and Joe Douglas stan could see this team was going to be awful.

The Panthers are a bad team and Darnold isnt good. A good team would have hung 40+ on us today.

This is a 2-3- win team. 

Joe Douglas is supposed ot be an offensive line guru I've been told repeatedly on here. He fixed the o line I've been told.

We have dumped more resources into this group than any other on the team and it looks as bad if not worse than when he got here. Remember when we had a jag center and like.the first thing Douglas did was over pay a center to come out of retirement and he was even worse than the center we had? That move still sums up his tenure as GM here.

"It's Mike Maccagnan's fault!"

"It's Adam Gase's fault!"

"It's Gregg Williams' fault!"

IT'S JOE DOUGLAS' FAULT.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Not trying to run up the score with a 16-0 lead? Are you drunk? No NFL coach is going to throttle back his offense with only a two-score lead. 

The odds of losing an NFL game at home with a 16 point lead in the third quarter is single-digits.

The odds of losing an NFL game at home with a 16 point lead against the pathetic sh-t show we rolled out from Florham Park was zero digits.

All Rhule had to do was masturbate and have CMC run around for 30 minutes and the Jets were going to take care of the rest.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, but they allowed an awful quarterback to put up 250 yards and 2 TD's in the first half, didn't register pressure, didn't cause turnovers.

We were not favorites, however we just blew a winnable game.  If our offense puts up a single score in the first half and prevents the stupid bomb to Robbie, we win.  This was a major missed opportunity against a weaker opponent.  And we let them look like the '85 Bears for the first half.

Your GM made the OL is #1 priority back in 2019 when he was hired and he has whiffed badly.  There is no excuse for putting that sh-t show out there today.  Oh, and let's not forget that we don't have a qualified backup quarterback and it looks like we'll be lucky if Zach plays 10 games.

SAR I

A) I think alot of teams will find it hard to deal with Carolina's offense during the season for the reasons mention above. Considering our secondary I think we did relatively well.

B) Yes, it was a frustrating Game. One can only think if Moore had hold on to that ball. 

C) Looking at the OL on paper, I don't think it's one of the worst in the league. What else could have Joe Douglas have done to adress this issue? This year we drafted the highest rated IOL and signed a pretty consistent RT. I really don't understand what else was he supposed to do. 

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This.

Had we lost 19-14 in a hard-fought heartbreaker, no problem, it's fine, it's Week 1, we've got a lot of rookies, etc. etc.  

But that's not what happened.  We were blown out by a mediocre team with a mediocre quarterback and a backup OL.  The scoreboard didn't reflect what would have happened if we played a good NFL team or an elite NFL team.  Today was humiliating.

SAR I

I agree. We will  get  destroyed by New England

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Joe Douglas, Time's Up.

If you were a good GM, we'd be seeing that by now.  

And your strategy that says we are the smart team that can pay cheap money for injured and broken castoffs isn't working.  But your drafts, well, your drafts are just fantastic.  Good job there.  Remind me, who are your best picks, you know, like the top five that are sure-fire superstars, silly me, I forget.

SAR I

Actually with as bad Becton was, Carl Lawson was probably not nearly  the loss  we anticipated. Zach looks like he can play but 3-5 open season games like this and it will be Mike White time. The kid impressed me today, but they need to do better by him. Saleh says they would “ lift him Up?” Can we get a date on that coach. Becton and AVT looked like s-h-I-t. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Flightattendant said:

I see what your getting at but everything on this teams been replaced. Who's fault is it?? I'm at a loss right now. 

Why was it necessary that everything be replaced?  Why was it necessary to dump the 3-4 best players on the team?  Why would it stand to reason that the likes of Jamal Adams, Robbie Anderson, and Leonard Williams would be so easily replaced?

And even if you ignore that flawed strategy, who is the person picking these players?  Who said Joe Douglas is a great player picker?  He was brought here to be Adam Gase's yes-man.  Now he's calling all the shots and bringing in trash UFA's and blowing premium draft picks?  Great.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

This is a 2-3- win team. 

Yes

What is the strategy? It’s like let’s hope all my late rounders turn into Stars?

But when they don’t you become a 2 win team

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Man has been GM longer than idzik entire tenure but somehow nothing is his fault. 

Halleluiah, preach it.

No one said that the smart way to rebuild the Jets was to tear us down to the quality of an expansion team without the benefit of an expansion draft.  But here we are.  "Watch me dump Robbie Anderson and replace him with cheap Denzel Mims!  Who needs Jamal Adams?  Who needs Leonard Williams?  We can get by with Disgruntled Maye and a bunch of injury prone backups.  Look at all the draft capital!  Worship me, draftniks!"

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Halleluiah, preach it.

No one said that the smart way to rebuild the Jets was to tear us down to the quality of an expansion team without the benefit of an expansion draft.  But here we are.  "Watch me dump Robbie Anderson and replace him with cheap Denzel Mims!  Who needs Jamal Adams?  Who needs Leonard Williams?  We can get by with Disgruntled Maye and a bunch of injury prone backups.  Look at all the draft capital!  Worship me, draftniks!"

SAR I

Joe Douglas has lost more talent on this team then he has brought in.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

The 2021 Jets do not look good. Now many want to brush it off as “rebuilding”. We aren’t going to the super bowl right?!

But can we at least play decent? The offensive line is an utter disaster in its 3rd season under a GM who was supposed to focus on that. Our running by committee idea seemed sexy and new but failed. 

Our WR corps couldn't get open and when they did they dropped passes. 

The play calling was  very Gase like.

All this gas no break, you tube hype etc. “we are building  the right way” means nothing. Until you have a decent product on the field I don’t want to hear it. 

An epic failure by the Jets in all respects. 

Can’t argue with that at all. Kid was under pressure all day online was an embarrassment. 

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

DING DING DING

We're there.

It's not "hype" to ask not to be shut out in the first half of an NFL game.  It's not "hype" to ask that our DL generate pressure.  It's not "hype" to ask that a S or a LB figure out a way to stop CMC from running the same damned swing pass out of the backfield.  It's not "hype" to ask that our OL give our QB time to throw without an opponent in his face.  It's not "hype" to ask that our OC call a better game than the last bum.  It's not "hype" to ask that our HC has his team prepared.

That was the worst half of Jets football played in this century.  If this is "rebuilding" we are in huge trouble.

SAR I

This one fits better

bridge-troll-with-walking-stick-2.jpg

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Actually with as bad Becton was, Carl Lawson was probably not nearly  the loss  we anticipated. Zach looks like he can play but 3-5 open season games like this and it will be Mike White time. The kid impressed me today, but they need to do better by him. Saleh says they would “ lift him Up?” Can we get a date on that coach. Becton and AVT looked like s-h-I-t. 

I think we should mothball Zach for the season right now before he gets the inevitable knee or shoulder.  The OL is a colossal misread by a yes-man GM who never should have been given the job and who sucks at picking players.  Oh, but he's a good negotiator.  Like that matters.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The coaching staff made adjustments at the half.  What did the Panthers have in offense the 2nd half?  Sam had maybe 35 yards?  Zach had 60 at the half, 240 at the end of the game?  We cut the deficit to one score

Doesn't look like a Bowles or especially a Gase team

100% this. These dudes are expecting the offense to look like the Chiefs.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I think we should mothball Zach for the season right now before he gets the inevitable knee or shoulder.  The OL is a colossal misread by a yes-man GM who never should have been given the job and who sucks at picking players.  Oh, but he's a good negotiator.  Like that matters.

SAR I

His picks have work  to do. That’s for sure. He needs to hire a consultant on drafting. He Blows at it 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2