Nothing in this game made me regret trading Sam

yvj

21 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Are you also at peace with the fact that the Jets are putting Wilson out there with the same type of garbage OL they did with Sam?

Im glad you’re at peace with the decision, and your arbitrary ceiling nonsense, (yay Sam was the 42 ranked NFL QB last year) but think about this….

How many games do you think Zach will last this year taking the type of beating he did today, and how long do you think it will be before those beatings have him looking like Darnold did after dealing with them?

See, I came out of this thinking completely differently than you did. I’m incredibly frustrated right now. I’m thinking we might have finally gotten the right guy to play QB, but we’re going to throw him to the wolves.

Nothing you said applies to anything I said. My post was strictly concerning the debate about keeping Sam or not. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, yvj said:

Nothing you said applies to anything I said. My post was strictly concerning the debate about keeping Sam or not. 

The debate? ?
At the most, maybe 10% of Jet fans wanted to keep Sam by the time last season ended.

Sorry, there was no debate. Everyone wanted a new QB. We had the #2 pick, and even guys who liked Sam knew it was time to move on.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

49 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Nothing from today or anything else should make us regret trading Sam. 

Zach is going to be a great NFL QB. I think top 5 at a minimum. 

But it’s clear Sam does not suck. Will be a 10 year starter. 

No reason to keep perpetuating the buffoonery.  

Fixed

But it’s clear Sam does not suck. Will be a 1 year starter for Panthers.

• Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I’m with you.   I’m here in Charlotte and Tell Panther fans, Sam can be a functioning QB. Jake DelHomme like.   

Im more concerned about US.   Drafting well, developing well.  3 years of JD and his drafts are questionable.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  know what you were watching. Sam looked composed and had a good connection with CMC and Moore for a guy that just showed up and completed a really nice long pass to Anderson. He was far from pedestrian today. This whole dumping on Sam thing is getting ridiculous 

Dude.

Anderson had to stop dead in his tracks to catch that ball.  Our young DB's played that terribly.

Aren't you one of those telling us how bad the Jets secondary was? Yet Darnold still looked mostly sh*tty.

Come one man.  I loved Sam but no one being serious could have watched that game and came away thinking a 4th year QB played well.  Sorry.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Not sure what game you were watching to come up with this take.  Christian McCaffrey was the entire offense.  Sam Darnold literally fumbled INTO his fullback on one play and several times missed wide open receivers, especially in the red zone.  He sucks and has always sucked.  

Darnold will be lucky if he's still in the NFL on his 28th birthday, let alone still starting games.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not sure what game you were watching to come up with this take.  Christian McCaffrey was the entire offense.  Sam Darnold literally fumbled INTO his fullback on one play and several times missed wide open receivers, especially in the red zone.  He sucks and has always sucked.  

Darnold will be lucky if he's still in the NFL on his 28th birthday, let alone still starting games.

The Saints will wreck him next week 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Darnold will be lucky to still be in the NFL on his 28th birthday.

Darnold was the same qb we know, chokes in the red zone and fades in the 2nd half when other teams make adjustments.  The only difference today was mccaffrey, obviously.  If you switched qbs today the jets would have lost 30-7

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  know what you were watching. Sam looked composed and had a good connection with CMC and Moore for a guy that just showed up and completed a really nice long pass to Anderson. He was far from pedestrian today. This whole dumping on Sam thing is getting ridiculous 

Sam looked composed against a no name defense, hardly any pressure at all. To me, that is the definition of Pedestrian. He had 2 or 3 really good throws? I am not dumping on Sam, in fact I am impressed he did not lose the game for the Panthers but I am much more impressed with Wilson than Darnold.

CMC is light years better than any players on the Jets, but he did not score. 

Without CMC, Jets win……Period.

Sorry Cowbell, I hate disagreeing with you. Perhaps I’ve had too many Pumpkin beers.

• Upvote 4

If we swapped Qbs today the panthers win 30-3 and it looks exactly like the offense from last season . . The panthers put up 19 points with the best rb in the game and two very good wrs , this is with no rush whatsoever to bother Darnold and still the best he could muster against a secondary with first and second year guys all over the place with no rush to help them out was checking down to mccafrey or 5 yards over the middle and one pass to Robby who was WIDE open and he had to take a little stutter step bc it was a little under thrown . If we had crowder today I think we win , crowder and Lawson ? 100% … Wilson would have been justified in having 5 turnovers today with how disgusting this line was in his first game , instead he almost every time threw a ball that at least gave the reciever a chance on it sometimes processing best place to go with ball in under 2.5 … It won’t be the narrative you hear on the radio or podcasts all week you’ll hear how awesome Darnold was and how Zach struggled . But that’s not at all what happened and after seeing Wilson handle pressure for first time we now know he isn’t going to fold and suck so if we can ever protect this kid and get him another legit weapon or Moore cleans the sh*t from his pants from today’s game or they let mims out of the doghouse or all those things , Wilson is going to be very good and watching the lasers he’s firing 20+ yards downfield is something I haven’t seen as a 32 year old jet fans , Darnold certainly does not have that kind of arm talent

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Are you also at peace with the fact that the Jets are putting Wilson out there with the same type of garbage OL they did with Sam?

Im glad you’re at peace with the decision, and your arbitrary ceiling nonsense, (yay Sam was the 42 ranked NFL QB last year) but think about this….

How many games do you think Zach will last this year taking the type of beating he did today, and how long do you think it will be before those beatings have him looking like Darnold did after dealing with them?

See, I came out of this thinking completely differently than you did. I’m incredibly frustrated right now. I’m thinking we might have finally gotten the right guy to play QB, but we’re going to throw him to the wolves.

Think about how Wilson played with this garbage O-Line and how Darnold played with a garbage O-Line. Much different. They'll get it figured out.

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Dude.

Anderson had to stop dead in his tracks to catch that ball.  Our young DB's played that terribly.

Aren't you one of those telling us how bad the Jets secondary was? Yet Darnold still looked mostly sh*tty.

Come one man.  I loved Sam but no one being serious could have watched that game and came away thinking a 4th year QB played well.  Sorry.

This is hilarious l. During a preseason game I pointed out how Davis had to stop and wait for a ball and he really did stop and wait for it. All Anderson did was slow down. Someone actually made a whole thread about comment describing what a perfect throw Zack made but when Sam does it, suddenly  it's  a bad thing. 

Look, I think Zack made some really good throws especially that last TD to Davis. That was an amazing throw. If so many passes weren't  dropped, we might have won, but Sam played well today. I didn't  see him make any really bad mistakes except for that one hand off and pretty much took what the Jets D gave which was enough. Zack was also rattled during sone drives which is ok. He will grow out of it but Sam played fine today. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Seibelt said:

Sam looked composed against a no name defense, hardly any pressure at all. To me, that is the definition of Pedestrian. He had 2 or 3 really good throws? I am not dumping on Sam, in fact I am impressed he did not lose the game for the Panthers but I am much more impressed with Wilson than Darnold.

CMC is light years better than any players on the Jets, but he did not score. 

Without CMC, Jets win……Period.

Sorry Cowbell, I hate disagreeing with you. Perhaps I’ve had too many Pumpkin beers.

Actually of there was no pressure,  I would say our D was pedestrian,  not Sam. 

This brings me to another thought. Why do we have to suck for an entire half before we figure out what is wrong and fix it. God forbid we make a change to what is messed up during the first half. Again we are tortured with these slow starts. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

This is hilarious l. During a preseason game I pointed out how Davis had to stop and wait for a ball and he really did stop and wait for it. All Anderson did was slow down. Someone actually made a whole thread about comment describing what a perfect throw Zack made but when Sam does it, suddenly  it's  a bad thing. 

Look, I think Zack made some really good throws especially that last TD to Davis. That was an amazing throw. If so many passes weren't  dropped, we might have won, but Sam played well today. I didn't  see him make any really bad mistakes except for that one hand off and pretty much took what the Jets D gave which was enough. Zack was also rattled during sone drives which is ok. He will grow out of it but Sam played fine today. 

Hilarious?

I don't care what you said in the past or what other knuckle head poster responded to you with. 

The reality is Sam was not particularly good today.  You can say whatever you want but he wasn't.

He wasn't bad, but NOTHING about his performance said "special".  And if you're not a "special" QB I want nothing to do with you - because you can't win a Super Bowl without a special one.  Not any more.

Thread Title "Nothing in this game made me regret trading Sam" and I couldn't agree with that statement more.

• Upvote 1