Nothing in this game made me regret trading Sam

yvj

2 hours ago, doitny said:

its only one game. better teams will figure out how to stop CMC and then we will see if Sam can do with his WR weapons. CMC is a super RB. 

Teams have never really figured out how to stop CMC. Now he has DJ Moore, Robby Anderson and a pretty good talent in Terrance Marshall for defenses to deal with. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Obviously the narrative will be Sam got revenge on the Jets and is in a better place, etc.

But yeah, he was super mediocre. Hit Robby for that long pass where the backup safety blew a coverage (which he did when he was here from time to time to) but other than that it was largely check downs to McCaffery. Missed routine throws, fumbled in the redzone.

He looked "better" but nothing in the game made me think we'll regret moving on.

Oh yeah, and we lost. Move on.

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Teams have never really figured out how to stop CMC. Now he has DJ Moore, Robby Anderson and a pretty good talent in Terrance Marshall for defenses to deal with. 

And that got them....19 points.  Against the worst and youngest D in the NFL.  With a Fullback chest fumble thrown in for fun.  

Contain CMC as best as possible and the Panthers aren't going to be very scary at all, despite all those nice receivers.  And McCaffrey will need to stay healthy all 17 games (unlikely) to give the Panthers a shot at 8 wins.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And that got them....19 points.  Against the worst and youngest D in the NFL.  With a Fullback chest fumble thrown in for fun.  

Contain CMC as best as possible and the Panthers aren't going to be very scary at all, despite all those nice receivers.  And McCaffrey will need to stay healthy all 17 games (unlikely) to give the Panthers a shot at 8 wins.  

You are working hard to convince yourself this franchise has a clue of what it’s doing 

Sam wasn’t the problem. Just like Zach won’t be by why we suck like crazy this season 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

We saw the good Sam yesterday.

He still only put up 19 points on the youngest team in the NFL with a bunch of rookies in the secondary. Not exactly a defense filled with hall of famers. He also fumbled in the red zone and vanished in the second half.

Wilson, a rookie in his first game, came very close to coming back and beating him.

Jet fans would not be in love with Sam’s performance

• Upvote 1

Someone really needs to show me where I said Zack sucked. I thought Zack was good. I also thought Darnold was good. You do remember  it was 16-0 Panthers at halftime. I credit the Jets D for getting its  collective  heads out of its ass and just allowing a FG the rest of the game but Sam was not bad. 

I wouldn’t say I thought Sam was bad but he looked like what any NFL caliber QB should look like with the situation around him and the circumstances of the game . He didn’t look like a qb that could increase or maximize the ability of his weapons it looked more like the weapons making Sam’s stat sheet look nice . RJ bell was trying to sort out how Sam looked and they mentioned his ADOT was about 8 yards which is pretty decent , 18th for QBs this week but then after mentioning all the short passes to mccaffrey he check out his average depth per completion and it was 4.8 yards . So what did Darnold complete like 27 passes , 27 passes and the average yards through the air before completion was 4.8 , doesn’t sound great

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Death2NE said:

I wouldn’t say I thought Sam was bad but he looked like what any NFL caliber QB should look like with the situation around him and the circumstances of the game . He didn’t look like a qb that could increase or maximize the ability of his weapons it looked more like the weapons making Sam’s stat sheet look nice . RJ bell was trying to sort out how Sam looked and they mentioned his ADOT was about 8 yards which is pretty decent , 18th for QBs this week but then after mentioning all the short passes to mccaffrey he check out his average depth per completion and it was 4.8 yards . So what did Darnold complete like 27 passes , 27 passes and the average yards through the air before completion was 4.8 , doesn’t sound great

Honestly,  the last thing I would do is criticize Darnold for getting the ball to CMC

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, undertow said:

The people who wanted to keep Darnold seemed to have moved on after Wilson was drafted the ones that wanted him gone are still angry and talking about him on a daily basis it's kinda bizarre. 

No truer statement posted here. 

It’s bizarre. I think Sam really DID steal somebody’s lunch money in 4th grade. 

I’m long past Sam, very excited about Zach. Can’t wait for next week.

The Sam vitriol, the new excuses, the irrational rationalizations are lolworthy. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

No truer statement posted here. 

It’s bizarre. I think Sam really DID steal somebody’s lunch money in 4th grade. 

I’m long past Sam, very excited about Zach. Can’t wait for next week.

The Sam vitriol, the new excuses, the irrational rationalizations are lolworthy. 

It's the back-pedaling for me after we had to sit through months of every thread turning into a Darnold bitchfest by the same few guys. Now, they're still at it, just with a muted-down tone. Meanwhile, they're arguing with no one and essentially circle-jerking themselves into upvotes because just about everyone had already flipped the page and moved on from Darnold by October of last year. 

I was all for moving on from Darnold by week 3 last year because I was gung-ho for Fields. Admittedly, I wanted no part of Zach. However, if he keeps up what we saw in the second half and builds on it, I'll have no problem revising my stance on him by the end of the year. 

On 9/12/2021 at 9:19 PM, FidelioJet said:

Dude.

Anderson had to stop dead in his tracks to catch that ball.  Our young DB's played that terribly.

Aren't you one of those telling us how bad the Jets secondary was? Yet Darnold still looked mostly sh*tty.

Come one man.  I loved Sam but no one being serious could have watched that game and came away thinking a 4th year QB played well.  Sorry.

No he didn't. 

Anderson slowed down just a bit to catch it, not come to a dead stop.  

Anderson had beaten both Jets players so badly, he had plenty of room to catch the ball.   That falls on the Jets Secondary's failures.

Look....I want Sam to fail so we get high draft picks as much as the next Jets fan but I'm not going to sit there and make sh-t up about what happened.  

3 minutes ago, Vin said:

No he didn't. 

Anderson slowed down just a bit to catch it, not come to a dead stop.  

Anderson had beaten both Jets players so badly, he had plenty of room to catch the ball.   That falls on the Jets Secondary's failures.

Look....I want Sam to fail so we get high draft picks as much as the next Jets fan but I'm not going to sit there and make sh-t up about what happened.  

Yes. He did.

If you watched that game and came away thinking that Sam is a SB level QB than I don't know what to tell you.  We see things differently.

ZW was clearly the better QB and that's year 1 vs. year 4.

• WTF? 1

34 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It's the back-pedaling for me after we had to sit through months of every thread turning into a Darnold bitchfest by the same few guys. Now, they're still at it, just with a muted-down tone

Noooooo, the tone is not muted, at least for 1 or 2 obvious dudes.  It's actually worse and when I say worse I mean pathetic.

Let it go.  Hey, maybe Sam will throw 4 picks next week and they can all enjoy their phyricc parade.

Week after week after week after week.  

Or if he plays relatively well, again, the rationalizations for why will be, once again, hilarious.  

Me, I'm moving on to Zach.  Can't wait.  

• Upvote 2

Honestly,  the last thing I would do is criticize Darnold for getting the ball to CMC

Lol ok , that’s one way to look at it . Another is to see on half of the plays he threw past 4.8 yards he was pretty inaccurate and put those inaccuracies and inability to create any offense outside of McCaffrey check downs against a solid defense and you’re going to get a qb that looks like what Sam is . A capable qb at best when the skill players around him are good enough to only require he get the ball in their hands from 5 yards out or less and who will melt down and see ghosts in the event a team is getting consistent pressure or have a scheme to limit mccafrey check downs

41 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes. He did.

If you watched that game and came away thinking that Sam is a SB level QB than I don't know what to tell you.  We see things differently.

ZW was clearly the better QB and that's year 1 vs. year 4.

'First off, you went on a completely different tangent with your 2nd statement.  

Where did  I say that Sam was a SB level QB?   Are you insane??

My point was that Anderson did not come to a DEAD STOP.

Stop this foolish nonsense.. You're making yourself look dumb.    ?

EDIT : And I don't get why you are "confused" by what I said.  It was cut-and-dry.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

From Connor Hughes, I agree.

Mind you, the Jets played that entire second half with a corner rotation of Brandin Echols, Javelin Guidry, Bryce Hall and Brandin Echols. They had their third-string linebacker (Del’Shawn Phillips) and fourth-string safety (Adrian Colbert). Despite this, Darnold couldn’t get anything going. If the USC product was hoping to show Joe Douglas he made a grave mistake trading him out for Wilson, well, he didn’t.

From me:  The one BIG play that Darnold had.  The Bomb to Anderson.   Some moron on the Jets CS decided it would be a good idea to put a S, Sheldrick Redwine, who's been in camp a week, in man coverage with one of the fastest men in the NFL.  LOL.   Whoever came up with that scheme should be unemployed right now.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, flgreen said:

From Connor Hughes, I agree.

Mind you, the Jets played that entire second half with a corner rotation of Brandin Echols, Javelin Guidry, Bryce Hall and Brandin Echols. They had their third-string linebacker (Del’Shawn Phillips) and fourth-string safety (Adrian Colbert). Despite this, Darnold couldn’t get anything going. If the USC product was hoping to show Joe Douglas he made a grave mistake trading him out for Wilson, well, he didn’t.

From me:  The one BIG play that Darnold had.  The Bomb to Anderson.   Some moron on the Jets CS decided it would be a good idea to put a S, Sheldrick Redwine, who's been in camp a week, in man coverage with one of the fastest men in the NFL.  LOL.   Whoever came up with that scheme should be unemployed right now.

Somehow I doubt Joe D was in Sam's mind at all.    That's assuming too much as to what someone is thinking. 

Darnold played better Sunday than pretty much any game with the Jets. That should be expected between liberation from Gase and a bad roster and the opportunity to rely on CMC carrying the offense. The Jets defense didn't get exert enough pressure to make Darnold make his usual costly errors. How will Darnold look next week facing the much better Saints defense? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Darnold played better Sunday than pretty much any game with the Jets. That should be expected between liberation from Gase and a bad roster and the opportunity to rely on CMC carrying the offense. The Jets defense didn't get exert enough pressure to make Darnold make his usual costly errors. How will Darnold look next week facing the much better Saints defense? 

After the half when the Jets finally put a muzzel on the dump offs to Christian Mc Caffrey, Darnold threw for a total of 45 yards.  While missing WR's left and right

Same ole Sam.  

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

After the half when the Jets finally put a muzzel on the dump offs to Christian Mc Caffrey, Darnold threw for a total of 45 yards.  While missing WR's left and right

Same ole Sam.  

The only time I recalled Sam missing receivers was in the endzone but I guess I remember them more because they were huge misses that could've buried us and made any of the 2 TDs that Zach had later on seem nothing but window-dressing.

43 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I thought it was very similar to the way he played for us against Rams last year.  Managed the game well.  No major mistakes.  Saw the wide open receiver when the coverage busted snd took advantage.  And he won.  He played a nice game.  Sure, he missed a couple of throws, but so does every QB.  I am happy with Zach, but Sam was pretty good on Sunday, better than I expected him to be..

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Same ole Sam.  

Yea. If Sam wasn't missing everybody left and right he would have had a 98% completion percentage, instead of a 69% one.Proof that he sucked Sunday.1234847586_giphy(44).gif.e2ff6375bdf9d0a7b2e3b3637abe3d5b.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Yea. If Sam wasn't missing everybody left and right he would have had a 98% completion percentage, instead of a 69% one.Proof that he sucked Sunday.1234847586_giphy(44).gif.e2ff6375bdf9d0a7b2e3b3637abe3d5b.gif

Yeah it was rough on Darnold throwing those 4 yard bombs to Mc Caffrey, who then runs 20 Yards with the ball.

Or the 57 yard TD to Anderson who was covered in man by a S who was in camp for a week.

Sam played just like he did for the Jets.  BADLY.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yeah it was rough on Darnold throwing those 4 yard bombs to Mc Caffrey, who then runs 20 Yards with the ball.

Or the 57 yard TD to Anderson who was covered in man by a S who was in camp for a week.

Sam played just like he did for the Jets.  BADLY.  

It was tough on Brees throwing to Kamara. You get the ball to your best player. What's  wrong with that. Anderson can beat anybody deep. I think he's established that.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, genot said:

It was tough on Brees throwing to Kamara. You get the ball to your best player. What's  wrong with that. Anderson can beat anybody deep. I think he's established that.

You take away Ladanian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates, Lance Moore, Keenan McCardell, Marques Colston, Reggie Bush, Pierre Thomas,  Robert Meachum, Mark Ingram, Kenny Stills, Benjamin Watson, Brandin Cooks, Alvin Kamara and Michael Thomas.

And a top tier offensive line.

Oh, and Sean Payton.

You have Sam Darnold of 2020.  

That's the illogic that someone posited.

Lunch money.  4th grade. Sam stole it.  

Go Zach.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

You are working hard to convince yourself this franchise has a clue of what it’s doing 

Sam wasn’t the problem. Just like Zach won’t be by why we suck like crazy this season 

We should have kept Sam and drafted Zach. Let Sam take the beaten until line is ready to block for Zach. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, genot said:

your right. i would give it to my best player too. but Brees was a HOF before Kamara was there. when he had a RB catching 40 passes.

Sam needs his best players. they make him.

Sunday was the perfect example.

Sunday was like 2020. the OL was as bad as anything Sam has played with. and the running game was getting 2.3 ypc. and Wilson almost won the game.  we know what Sam would have done. nothing. he has 2 -6 sack games last year. 

you need to take guys like Sam who plays with a Super RB with a grain of salt. like Tanney in Tenn. yeah there in the playoffs every year but can never get over that hump. cause Tanny isnt good enough to make the plays when you need them. 

we will see how good Sam is when CMC misses a game or is held to 3-4 ypc instead of the ridiculous 8-9 we gave up. your not a good QB if you need the best RB in the league to win. 

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, genot said:

North Carolina Reaction GIF by Carolina Panthers

Sam is so damn corny, btw.    Jesus christ.... ?

I'd wish him luck the rest of the way but I want him to lose every f'n game to get the highest draft pick possible. 

And your point is valid despite others.