Another top 3 pick

Rhg1084

Not even close. Top 3 draft pick teams are teams that simply give up and rebuild, I dont see that from us. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, the Jets and Zach were a much different team that second half which would lead to the conventional idea that we actually made adjustments at halftime that were positive. If you cant see that then be negative but unless an absolute collapse/injury ridled team we are not picking top 3 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I think it’s too early to throw in the towel.  Are we a playoff team?  Hell no but I think we will win some games.  Like a previous posters said I think the 5-10 range is more likely.  If that does happen I’m hoping we can use it our our advantage against a team looking fur a QB so we can get some more assets.  We need not only more OL but we need to rebuild the secondary and get a pass rusher just in cause this Lawson injury turns out to be really bad for his future 

• Haha 1

I've said it before and I'll say it till I'm blue in the face. The game is won and lost in the trenches. We need a top center and a top notch guard in next years draft, or I will not be happy with JD. I truly believe that if he's going to be a successful GM here he needs to understand that fact, and I like him so far, but there are some questionable decisions he's made with the OL. McGovern, and VanRoten, will not cut it next year. Lawson should be back next year so I'm not interested in drafting an edge guy over OL. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Team archer said:

People watched zack get sacked 6 times and say pass rusher lol

Depends on where the 2nd first rounder is.

A true passrusher is really hard to find.  You could take one with the top 5 pick, go tackle with the second 1st, and go center with a top of the 2nd round.    Then go corner with the other high 2nd rounder.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Not even close. Top 3 draft pick teams are teams that simply give up and rebuild, I dont see that from us. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, the Jets and Zach were a much different team that second half which would lead to the conventional idea that we actually made adjustments at halftime that were positive. If you cant see that then be negative but unless an absolute collapse/injury ridled team we are not picking top 3 

Quick, name 3 teams worse than us… heck even Houston won today haha

• Upvote 2

One more game like this and Zach will be easily injured out for a few weeks. Three more games like this, and Zach will be in total shellshock just like Darnold. 

Its a great a idea to draft oline next year, but what about the remaining 16 games? Sure AVT may play better, but GVR was awful, so was McGovern, and Moses was mediocre at best.

What to do now? Max protect every play? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

One more game like this and Zach will be easily injured out for a few weeks. Three more games like this, and Zach will be in total shellshock just like Darnold. 

Its a great a idea to draft oline next year, but what about the remaining 16 games? Sure AVT may play better, but GVR was awful, so was McGovern, and Moses was mediocre at best.

What to do now? Max protect every play? 

I guess keep dumping first round picks into the offensive line until we manage to be average at least? Defense will be a lost cause tho 

• Upvote 1

There is only one priority in which JD needs to make happen and that is to keep Zach Wilson upright... Nothing else matters for this kid right now. I'm ok with growing pains, but not ok if our new shiny toy is getting killed each week. Something is up with Becton, because he didn't play this poorly last year and he was a rookie. I get he wasn't the best last year but at least there was reason to have faith. He needs to rededicate himself.

I give props to most of the young kids on the roster this first game. They didn't quit.

• Upvote 2

I predicted a top 5/10 pick before the season started; they looked sharp in preseason and people were talking 9/10 wins - today most fans came back to earth. Yeah, it will 'suck' to be picking in top 6 again - the question is will be crap, time to restart again, or will we be, great growth in the team especially in last 6 games - let's pick a player who will move this team forward next year.

If it is the last one, it will be a great draft to watch; I do think we should try and pick up a center, maybe with the Seattle pick.

I think what is crucially important is that we see steady improvement in all facets of the game as the season progresses. If that happens we can then have confidence that we have a competent coaching staff that will be able to develop the young players we bring in, and get the most out of any vets that are brought in through FA. With what we’ve had over the past 6-8 years in terms of coaching we could have drafted Mahomes, Barkley and Joey Bosa and still sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

I expect us to get better throughout this year. I'm expecting a pick in the 5-10 range.
The only thing that caused me to pause a bit today was the play of the OL. If we can't get the running game going and are going to give 5+ sacks, it's going to be a tough year.
Could have used ty Johnson a bit more

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk