Every Pass from Zach Wilson - Week 1 - Jets vs Panthers

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Thanks for this

After watching this I can say objectively that Mekhi was our worst O lineman followed closely by Fant.

AVT had some bad plays as well.

but our tackles looked lost

It's scary how many plays had defenders bust through on there.

The run game was bad too.  They were dancing along mirroring the D Lineman and getting tossed aside when the ball carrier was close.  They were not opening anything and looked lost.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Thanks for this

After watching this I can say objectively that Mekhi was our worst O lineman followed closely by Fant.

I'm forced to agree with you.

Sad thing is when Moses came in as RT, after Becton was hurt, Fant played OK at LT, and Moses sucked at RT in pass protection.

AVT was bad all game.

They better get this OL thing figured out or Zach won't survive.  One of the scary things was,   they were shooting #7, Thompson, on a lot of plays.  Fant correctly picked up the inside rusher, Thompson, and Burns #53 came in unblocked.

OK, I get it they fooled the Jets once.  It wasn't once.  They ran the play 3-4 times , and Burns came in un- blocked 3-4 times.  No adjustment was made.  That's very concerning.   

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Thanks for this

We were able to run to the right side once Moses came in.

I'll get blasted for this, but Mekhi was horrible.  I'll rewatch this game a few times.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Thanks for this

Thanks for looking at things objectively, unlike many posters in this forum.  My sports journalism professor always says objectivity is the number one priority from which all good analysis flows.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

Thanks for looking at things objectively, unlike many posters in this forum.  My sports journalism professor always says objectivity is the number one priority from which all good analysis flows.

Objectivity is always a challenge for any observer.

implicit conscious and unconscious biases are ever present. The journalists themselves often fail to account for them. 

In this case, a fan cannot be totally objective, otherwise he/ she would not be a fan of a team, but a fan of the sport or maybe the league. 

12 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

Objectivity is always a challenge for any observer.

implicit conscious and unconscious biases are ever present. The journalists themselves often fail to account for them. 

In this case, a fan cannot be totally objective, otherwise he/ she would not be a fan of a team, but a fan of the sport or maybe the league. 

I do not think that one has to strip their jersey or hat or shirt to divorce themselves of various biases that disrupt one's ability to comprehend and discuss the events of a sporting match.  One can be aesthetically, emotionally, or metaphysically moved by an event and still depict it accurately.  Rooting for an outcome is, at the basest level, the root of fandom.  One can still root for that outcome while eradicating their biases and attempting to reduce any information asymmetries that comes with limited direct access to the subject of your fandom. 

I think its an ever evolving process for most fans and it sometimes results in beat reporters being the misplaced object of ridicule or criticism.  To which the obvious and correct response is "get thick skin," and I agree.  It just pains me that besides certain malevolent reporters who actively attempt to influence the trajectory of a franchise for unusual clout-seeking reasons, the vast majority of the reporters are doing their best in an unusual information age.  

In any event, regardless of whether it is well received or not, I intend to make observations about the nature of the discourse as I see it on these Jets Nation Forums and you can take my 2 cents for what their worth.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

I do not think that one has to strip their jersey or hat or shirt to divorce themselves of various biases that disrupt one's ability to comprehend and discuss the events of a sporting match.  One can be aesthetically, emotionally, or metaphysically moved by an event and still depict it accurately.  Rooting for an outcome is, at the basest level, the root of fandom.  One can still root for that outcome while eradicating their biases and attempting to reduce any information asymmetries that comes with limited direct access to the subject of your fandom. 

I think its an ever evolving process for most fans and it sometimes results in beat reporters being the misplaced object of ridicule or criticism.  To which the obvious and correct response is "get thick skin," and I agree.  It just pains me that besides certain malevolent reporters who actively attempt to influence the trajectory of a franchise for unusual clout-seeking reasons, the vast majority of the reporters are doing their best in an unusual information age.  

In any event, regardless of whether it is well received or not, I intend to make observations about the nature of the discourse as I see it on these Jets Nation Forums and you can take my 2 cents for what their worth.

I appreciate that $0.02.

I believe that most fans are not that zero sum results focused. Many fans also look at the process and it’s influence in the outcome. An entire industry of insider information, 24 hour sports media and commentary has been built to meet that apparent demand. 

I didn't seen the run game replays so I will only address the pass blocking here: 

In the 1st half the RB and TE's were NOT picking up the blitz.  Can't say if that was on them or the OC but THAT aspect of the game improved a lot in the 2nd half.  

Becton's pass blocking was ok.  He was beat only once.  ATV's pass blocking was ok.  He too was beat only once.  Pass blocking from the rest of the line was the main problem.  That and not picking up the blitz at all during the first half of the game.  You can't blame the OL for not picking up the blitz....in general, that blame belongs elsewhere.    

The 2nd half was better because our rookie OC adjusted.  The blitz was handled better and more often.  Blame the RB's, blame the TE's, blame the QB, blame the OC, I don't know but blaming the OL is just pushing an agenda.    

The run game, year I don't know wtf happened there.    

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I counted 5 straight up drops...

and probably another 2 or 3 where the receiver could have made a play

They need to get that sorted out.

Agreed. We may have seen a very different game if some of those were completed

• Upvote 1

Despite an OL that had him running for his life all game, I think Wilson really came on in the 2nd half and showed off his skills as a playmaker outside the pocket and how legit his arm strength is. I think we are going to enjoy watching him develop all season.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

That TD on 3rd and 10 is all you need to know about the kid. Got beat to shit all game, receivers consistently let him down and late in the game he makes a dime for the score on 3rd and 10. I was told yesterday he only looked good in garbage time? Color me confused but we were still In this one uP to there right? 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, David Harris said:

Thanks for this

He didn't have a good game, I'm not defending him.

There was some insane pressure up the middle.  Jets have to draft a center either late 1 or early 2 next year. 

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

That TD on 3rd and 10 is all you need to know about the kid. Got beat to sh*t all game, receivers consistently let him down and late in the game he makes a dime for the score on 3rd and 10. I was told yesterday he only looked good in garbage time? Color me confused but we were still In this one uP to there right? 

There was no garbage time throws.   A TD and conversion to make it 16-8 was not garbage time.

The TD to made it 19-14 was not garbage time.    The throw to Berrios on 4th was not garbage time.

• Upvote 1