Positives from today

Doggin94it

13 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

I was impressed by the kids in d.  The cb’s were fine, the rookie LB’s were fine, the whole D was fine.   They are putting the foundation in this year.   The OL is an embarrassment.  

All the panic about the D backfield was proven to be less concerning.

The D was fine....This team lost because the OL was discraceful.

Swapping the worst OL in the NFl and adding a rookie G wasn't going to change a whole lot.

Throw the bank at Scherff, draft Neal and Linderbaum, and then prosper on offense.

Is it overkill?

You bet your ass

Would it consistently give Zach 3+ seconds on every drop back and open up mammoth sized holes in the ground game? Yep

Would at least 2 of our star studded OL leave for FA within 3-4 years? Yep

And I’m more than okay with that.

Go ahead and develop a young QB the proper way. Go ahead. Why not?

I’m still a JD fan but I’d be lying if his background as a former OL and “master scout” doesn’t leave more to be desired…especially, ya know…along the OL.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Who is this person you keep naming Quinnen Williams. 

Exactly right.  Even I had to look him up just now to see if he was still on the team.

And before anyone says "but...but...but Mike Maccagnan drafted him!" let me remind you that Joe Douglas has been here 3 seasons and decided this guy was the one guy he would not trade.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You forgot Quinnen Williams.  It's not easy to stand in the middle of 500 yards of offense and not record a single tackle.

SAR I

The kid is recovering from an injury. It’s probably going to be a down year for him until he gets healthy. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Honestly I thought he didn’t play today. He needs to buy some candy penises and throw them at his new wife and cops when they show up. Anything. Something, pitiful, 

IMG_7940.jpg

He wouldn't be the first to steal a few mil of our money and choose the retired-while-still-playing option.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, KO91 said:

The kid is recovering from an injury. It’s probably going to be a down year for him until he gets healthy. 

Sounds good.  Nick Bosa is already a Hall of Famer, but let's give Q a few years, you know, take it easy on the kid, let him take some 'me' time.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You forgot Quinnen Williams.  It's not easy to stand in the middle of 500 yards of offense and not record a single tackle.

SAR I

Don't forget our LB we have paid like 50 million dollars to  over the last 3 years who was one of the ghosts darnold was ignoring.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly right.  Even I had to look him up just now to see if he was still on the team.

And before anyone says "but...but...but Mike Maccagnan drafted him!" let me remind you that Joe Douglas has been here 3 seasons and decided this guy was the one guy he would not trade.

SAR I

Why don’t try having ankle surgery and play NFL football 3 months later. You don’t know what you are talking about obviously. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Sounds good.  Nick Bosa is already a Hall of Famer, but let's give Q a few years, you know, take it easy on the kid, let him take some 'me' time.

SAR I

I don’t need to wait. He’s already proven he’s an awesome player. 

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Don't forget our LB we have paid like 50 million dollars to  over the last 3 years who was one of the ghosts darnold was ignoring.

Yup.

Becton puts on weight and sucks and Q and CJ lose weight and suck.  

And these are the guys that Douglas wouldn't trade away.  Think about that.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, KO91 said:

Why don’t try having ankle surgery and play NFL football 3 months later. You don’t know what you are talking about obviously. 

Here's what I know:  I've been paying the Jets $5,000 a year for season tickets for the last 20 years and I want to see the people we've brought in here actually live up to expectations.  I'm not asking for the playoffs.  I'm not even asking for a winning season.  My expectations are that low.   

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

He had a damn good year last year. He was hurt this year and didn't play a single snap in pre-season. The fact that he was invisible today is no surprise. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

QW is a JAG+ and nothing more.  

Mac had no right taking a DT at that point.  No point in arguing about the worst GM in the history of the sport though.

• Upvote 1

The Jets defense was what I was most worried about and they played well. They looked well coached and tackled well. For a team trotting out a bunch of nobodies at CB and 2 rookies at LB, they looked really good.

The second half adjustments scream good coaching to me. I can’t remember a time when we went into halftime in a bad spot and that spot didn’t get worse after the half.

Wilson played really well. The OL got their ass handed to them 100% of the game and he managed to not let the whole deal get to him. Sam used to fold by the third quarter and Wilson got much better as the game went on. He does need to learn to throw the football away - some really stupid decisions in that regard

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

QW is a JAG+ and nothing more.  

Mac had no right taking a DT at that point.  No point in arguing about the worst GM in the history of the sport though.

Agreed, but Joe Douglas kept him!  He’s had 3 seasons to throw him on the pyre with Jamal Adams, Robbie Anderson, and Leonard Williams and decided he was the one guy he wouldn’t get rid of!

Quinnen is on Douglas now.  He’s played for him a lot longer than he played for Maccagnan. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Agreed, but Joe Douglas kept him!  He’s had 3 seasons to throw him on the pyre with Jamal Adams, Robbie Anderson, and Leonard Williams and decided he was the one guy he wouldn’t get rid of!

Quinnen is on Douglas now.  He’s played for him a lot longer than he played for Maccagnan. 

SAR I

And, now you're back.

• Haha 1