Positives from today

Doggin94it

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Agreed, but Joe Douglas kept him!  He’s had 3 seasons to throw him on the pyre with Jamal Adams, Robbie Anderson, and Leonard Williams and decided he was the one guy he wouldn’t get rid of!

Quinnen is on Douglas now.  He’s played for him a lot longer than he played for Maccagnan. 

SAR I

What do you mean he didn’t trade him? Why does he need to trade him? He’s got three more years of control. 

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Here's what I know:  I've been paying the Jets $5,000 a year for season tickets for the last 20 years and I want to see the people we've brought in here actually live up to expectations.  I'm not asking for the playoffs.  I'm not even asking for a winning season.  My expectations are that low.   

SAR I

Look on the bright side the Star-Wars bobbleheads, rewards trinkets, advisory committee,platinum parking. 

joewilly12

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly right.  Even I had to look him up just now to see if he was still on the team.

And before anyone says "but...but...but Mike Maccagnan drafted him!" let me remind you that Joe Douglas has been here 3 seasons and decided this guy was the one guy he would not trade.

SAR I

We aren't winning a game this year.  This was pathetic.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, KO91 said:

What do you mean he didn’t trade him? Why does he need to trade him? He’s got three more years of control. 

"Control"?  He sucks.  He's a bust.  He was the #3 over all pick and he is a nobody.  Meanwhile, Leonard Williams is a Pro Bowler for the New York Giants.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Here's what I know:  I've been paying the Jets $5,000 a year for season tickets for the last 20 years and I want to see the people we've brought in here actually live up to expectations.  I'm not asking for the playoffs.  I'm not even asking for a winning season.  My expectations are that low.   

SAR I

Wow. You're an even bigger idiot then they are.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Mac jones ... not really close.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Mac Jones had by far the best day of the QBs, although Trey Lances only play was a touchdown.  Trevor Lawrence looked impressive (that kids arm talent is unreal), but was super sloppy.

10 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

If you're all looking to tease out a boner over this game, here's a fun fact I saw on the tweeter.

Only two Jets QBs have ever thrown for 250+ yards and 2 or more TDs in their rookie starting debut.

Zach Wilson

Joe Namath

Yet you also personally ensured he shares another historical tendency with the likes of Geno and Tebow.

At least now I know who to blame if (when?) this all goes to hell.

At least we didn't spens the off season drinking our own bathwater and come out in week 1 to lay an absolute goose egg, unlike the Packers and Aaron Rodgers.

Wilson's rapport with Davis will serve both in good stead. He didn't look panicked in the pocket. Wilson now has his first game under his belt and hopefully the game will start slowing down for him soon enough.

• Upvote 1

Positives:

1. Davis looks like the best WR the Jets have had since Brandon Marshall.
  2. The DB covered quite well in spite of no pressure from the front 4: Hall; Echols; Guidry; and Carter II
  3. Wilson looked good in the 2nd half, his off platform plays were fun to watch
  4. Amendola has a leg
  5. Half time adjustment

Negatives:

1. Front seven: couldn't stop the run or generate a pass rush
  2. Pass protection, whether it's solely on the OL or the blown protection calls or whatever it is it needs to get fixed
  3. WR not making a play to help the QB, drop passes
  4. Couldn't get the run game going
  5. Initial game plan
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Agreed, but Joe Douglas kept him!  He’s had 3 seasons to throw him on the pyre with Jamal Adams, Robbie Anderson, and Leonard Williams and decided he was the one guy he wouldn’t get rid of!

Quinnen is on Douglas now.  He’s played for him a lot longer than he played for Maccagnan. 

SAR I

Man!…… how many threads do I have to read tonight where you are sharing the same f’ing point.  Freaking redundant 

Semper Fi 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly right.  Even I had to look him up just now to see if he was still on the team.

And before anyone says "but...but...but Mike Maccagnan drafted him!" let me remind you that Joe Douglas has been here 3 seasons and decided this guy was the one guy he would not trade.

SAR I

i agree.

he will be traded this offseason cause he has to get his 5th year option next year like Sam did this year.

i think JD gave him one more year to see if he can do better than his 7 sacks last year. if not there were 35 other players who had 7 sacks. its nothing special. and nothing to give him big money.

but just remember when we do trade him and he goes to the pro bowl you cant hit JD for doing something your asking for, like you do when you bring up Leo.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

My positive: It's super impressive that for years, across different coaches and GM's, the Jets offensive line sucks and they can't pressure or sack the opposing QB while on defense. 

I mean, to achieve that kind of consistency over years, coaches and GM's is really impressive. Almost as impressive as the franchise being a joke for most of it's 50 years. 

Here is another way to look at at-

We all thought we had better personnel on the offensive side of the ball.   The defensive side had baby DBs, a good front  4 but Saleh and Ulbrich coaching.   The offense had LeFleur and Knapp, RIP.

My takeaway is that the defense was really coached up-the DBs looked ok.  The offense was a coaching mess.  If I was Saleh, I would move down the hall and help LeFleur and the OL coach figure this out. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, thebuzzardman said:

My positive: It's super impressive that for years, across different coaches and GM's, the Jets offensive line sucks and they can't pressure or sack the opposing QB while on defense. 

I mean, to achieve that kind of consistency over years, coaches and GM's is really impressive. Almost as impressive as the franchise being a joke for most of it's 50 years. 

I think the Johnson's insist that the playbooks stay when they change coaches and GM's...

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

Here is another way to look at at-

We all thought we had better personnel on the offensive side of the ball.   The defensive side had baby DBs, a good front  4 but Saleh and Ulbrich coaching.   The offense had LeFleur and Knapp, RIP.

My takeaway is that the defense was really coached up-the DBs looked ok.  The offense was a coaching mess.  If I was Saleh, I would move down the hall and help LeFleur and the OL coach figure this out. 

I think they want to execute this dominant 49ers style running game and they don’t have the line to do it, and the entire 1st half was trying to run this offense which resulted in no points.  Then they finally switched, let wilson throw and we saw what he did.  

They need to let wilson run his offense, 4 wrs with rb/te and let him roll out and get the ball out quickly.  Spread these defenses out and make them cover 5 guys, wilson will find them enough.  Then the running lanes will open up.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

11 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

1) Zach Wilson. Yes, really. The kid was under duress all day and getting his first reps against a starting NFL caliber defense on his coordinator's first ever time calling a real game - and the result was pretty awful in the first half:  6/16 84 Yards, 0TD, 1INT (37.5%, 5.25 YPA). Then he came back in the second half and put up this line: 16/21, 174, 2TD, 0INT (76%, 8.28 YPA). And it wasn't because the Panthers had the game in hand and backed off the defensive pressure, either; they sacked Zach three times in each half, and our running game was atrocious throughout. Wilson's full-game stat line wasn't pretty, because that first half was so bad - and perhaps that's the QB he'll end up being. But if "second half Zach" was what happens after he and Lafleur adjusted to live bullets, and we get that guy the rest of the way ... watch out.

And yes, this is cherry-picking. But it's reasonable cherry-picking given the context, and we'll know more about how real that is soon. Plus, he did some other things that give me hope: never looked rattled, showcased his escapability, kept his eyes downfield. I'm encouraged

2) Aggressiveness on 4th Down. The Jets went for it twice on 4th down, both times in situations where previous regimes would have punted: 4th and 1 at the 42 in a 3-0 game ("pin em deep, play field position, it's close and we've held them, no need to be so aggressive right now") and 4th and 8 from our own 25 with 4 minutes left, down 2 scores ("not a lot of plays for 4th and 8, we don't make it the game is over, punt, get a stop, and go score"). Both were the right call (in the long run, you'll convert more 4th & 1s than you lose, and a punt in the game-end situation is a give-up) and bode well for the team's future.

3) Second half adjustments. Whatever the coaching staff did at halftime, it worked; the D tightened up and the offense started moving the ball better. Again, with all-new HC and OC and a young defense, seeing good half-time adjustments is important. 

Of course, these are single-game (or single-half) snapshots, they don't mean anything if they don't become a trend, and this team is in serious trouble if the OL doesn't get its head out of its ass. But there were at least some good things to build on.

yep.  the biggest issue was the oline, at least in the first half.  they need to play much better but this only comes with them playing as a unit.  moore didn't look like the wunderkind he was touted to be in training camp.  the real games are much different.  and zach did pretty darn good considering the pressure.  it might've been much different if had time to get through his progressions.  and the defense was actually pretty good.  mccaffery does his thing to just about every team.  the robbie td was frustrating.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

It’s nice to cherry pick and agree with how Zach played but we are going to get him hurt by week 4 if he gets drilled as much as he did this week.

The o line is a massive massive problem 

I had it at week 5 or 6, but I’m with you that the O line needs to either learn the system, Grow a pair or both. Zach will also digress soon if his receivers don’t get open and hang on to the ball. Just a dreadful display yesterday.