Positives from today

Doggin94it

Mac Jones had by far the best day of the QBs, although Trey Lances only play was a touchdown.  Trevor Lawrence looked impressive (that kids arm talent is unreal), but was super sloppy.
Mac Jones

Zach Wilson
Trevor Lawrence

Justin Fields
Trey Lance

... so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sounds good.  Nick Bosa is already a Hall of Famer, but let's give Q a few years, you know, take it easy on the kid, let him take some 'me' time.

SAR I

Am I missing something?  Bosa wasn’t available to draft, just like Mayfield.

Besides Bosa has had his share of injuries too.

21 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Lawrence had some flashy stats but got most of them in garbage time as the Jags were losing big, especially late. His 3 INT's were not good. 

Wilson and Jones both had decent games and kept their teams in the game. They both win the rookie debut contest this year imo.

No rookie qbs looked good yesterday.  

People have to stop pretending every year is the 1983 draft class

5 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Am I missing something?  Bosa wasn’t available to draft, just like Mayfield.

Besides Bosa has had his share of injuries too.

Quinnen was drafted one slot after Bosa and plays like a guy who was never drafted.  Blame the player, blame the GM, the guy is a bust.  He didn't have a single tackle yesterday.  I can't even understand how that is possible.

SAR I

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

I think they want to execute this dominant 49ers style running game and they don’t have the line to do it, and the entire 1st half was trying to run this offense which resulted in no points.  Then they finally switched, let wilson throw and we saw what he did.  

They need to let wilson run his offense, 4 wrs with rb/te and let him roll out and get the ball out quickly.  Spread these defenses out and make them cover 5 guys, wilson will find them enough.  Then the running lanes will open up.  

you hit the nail on the head! 

some guys here joked about them taking Capt Morgan just to pick his brain on our offense. but boy were they keyed on that run. and we gave it to them on every 1st half 1st down. and when we switched it up its like they weren't prepared for it. next week we cant wait till the half to change it up if something is not working.

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Quinnen was drafted one slot after Bosa and plays like a guy who was never drafted.  Blame the player, blame the GM, the guy is a bust.  He didn't have a single tackle yesterday.  I can't even understand how that is possible.

SAR I

QW played like an all pro last year and would have made the pro bowl if the voters grew a brain.  Let’s see this season play out

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

for once we are in agreement.

i brought this up many times in the offseason and i thought i was going to get run off the forum. everyone here thinks hes going to be a superstar because he played a little better than his rookie season.

i also thought he would be traded cause were not paying him big money. he didn't deserve it then and he wont by the seasons end. besides DL are a dime a dozen. you don't pay that money unless hes really really good.

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I really believe that there was a very weak transition to the new training staff, and too many of the players showed up not prepared for the season.  

QW played very well last year, but that also means that more teams have his number-the Panthers have been studying him for months.  I think he does ok.  If he does not, it saves JD/Johnsons money because they won't get pressured to extend him. 

20 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Re: Fist half Zach, I was really impressed with the throw to Moore, the second consecutive drop (border line PI). Was perfectly put after scrambling, his release is beautiful

cherry picking yes, but that throw stood out to me 

And Moore will make that catch more often than not, no pun intended.  He really was a bit rusty as was AVT.  I expect both of them to improve over the next few weeks. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

You forgot Quinnen Williams.  It's not easy to stand in the middle of 500 yards of offense and not record a single tackle.

SAR I

Ugh. Only slight saving grace is the Panthers pulled in the horns and milked the clock with a 16 point 2nd half lead. 

• Sympathy 2