Do we still want to trade Crowder

FidelioJet

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean he’s not gonna be here next year, and we sure as hell not competing for anything this year. So yes, I would absolutely trade him for a 4th

Then you are giving Zack nothing he can rely on. I swear it was maddening  watching the dropped passes. I couldn't  believe that long one Moore dropped. That was a perfect pass. 

No damn way

Hopefully he and Cole are both back for next Sunday.

A couple of weeks ago I said that the only way I would trade Crowder is for an immediate upgrade at TE, like Ertz or O.J. Howard. Not for some future mid-round pick.

And even then I’m not 100% on it. 

Imjuries happen. Keep Crowder, keep Cole, keep Mims, etc.

Trying to Gillooly your rookie QB in the knee caps all for a 2022 4th round pick is just about the dumbest sh*t ever.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look...I keep hearing to trade Crowder for a 4th...

I keep saying, outside of David he's the only reliable receiver on this team.

To say the least, he catches the ball.

Can we stop with this now?

**** no, nobody else can catch  beside a TE and Davis (to an extent). He needs to be in the slot. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes.  Berrios was one of our best players today.

See I agree with this. 

I dont know why it's so hard for people to accept that Berrios has established himself as a player the Jets want around. 

He doesnt light the world on fire, but he shows up when you need him. I dont recall him dropping anything since hes been on the team. 

All that, and hes never consistently been inserted as a starter because of Crowder, which I get, but if we gave him the starts, maybe his okay elevates further? 

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I still don't understand why people want to trade him.....even if we're not keeping him after this season.

• Upvote 2

Crowder is not part of the team's plans beyond 2021.  So if some team out there came along and offered a 4th rounder for a 1-year rental, I'd take that in a heartbeat.  And I like Crowder and what he brings to the table for Wilson, even if its only for one more season.  

But no one is offering that.  When Crowder took his pay-cut, he and is agent clearly asked around about his market value, and he decided to take it and stick around.  If Crowder were worth a 4th rounder to some team out there he'd likely be gone already.

• Upvote 1

Yes; if some of the other WRs are stepping up before the trading deadline, send him off. He isn't part of the future and assuming Zack doesn't need him, move him on and get more draft capital. This years isn't about winning, it is about growth - with Crowder gone, other WRs gets more playing time and we get a pick and an extra space for another player.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

That’d be a fireable offense by Joe D. Zach needs all the help he can possibly get. 

Holy overreaction Batman.  Wilson would still have Davis, Cole, Moore, Kroft, Griffin, Mims, Berrios, Jeff Smith and the RB's as receiving options and Crowder is on an expiring contract.  And yes, Moore will show a lot more than he did today.  Rookie WR's take time to develop.  

Fireable offense!  Holy sh*t do Jets fans love players who are JAGs or just above JAG level.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Grandy said:

No.

If today's results gave anyone the idea of trading an actual proven and consistent player, I would love to hear the reasoning. Especially with what we saw. 

Today's results shouldn't impact anyone's view of what we have at WR.  And what we have is a fair amount of quality, young talent.  1 game should not be changing anyone's opinion of this WR group drastically.  

Elijah Moore went from a fan favorite to an afterthought at best in Jets fans' eyes in 1 game?  He's going to develop into a nice player.  Give it time.  

• Upvote 2

Based on what I saw today, the Jets cannot trade Crowder. He’s the only wide receiver on the team that consistently is open on plays that are designed for him to be open. In the game today with the receivers were never really open by a wide margin on designed plays. Thankfully, Zack Wilson is a very accurate quarterback.

What is it with the jets? I watched a bunch of games today and saw many, many receivers that were very open when the pass was thrown to them. I suspect it is because the play is designed for them to be open. Why does it seem that our receivers never open?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Today's results shouldn't impact anyone's view of what we have at WR.  And what we have is a fair amount of quality, young talent.  Elijah Moore went from a fan favorite to an afterthought at best in Jets fans' eyes in 1 game?  He's going to develop into a nice player.  Give it time.  

I was disappointed they didn’t scheme more to get the ball to him, on bubble screen or whatever.  I hope they learned a lot in this game about how to open up the offense when teams stack the box to stop the run game.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Based on what I saw today, the Jets cannot trade Crowder. He’s the only wide receiver on the team that consistently is open on plays that I designed for him to be open. I watch the game today with the receivers were really open by a wide margin on designed plays. Thankfully, Zack Wilson is a very accurate quarterback.

What is it with the jets? I watched a bunch of games today and saw many, many receivers that were very open when the pass was thrown to them. I suspect it is because the plane is designed for them to be open. Why does it seem that our receivers never open?

Because we have two legitimate NFL WR on this team - Davis is one, crowder is the other.

Maybe Mims and Moore become more, but we certainly didn't see it today.

Cole is aJAG - but sadly better than Mims or Moore at this point.  Cole and Crowder and this is a different game. 

35 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He makes 0 difference in this game, and Berrios did a great job.  Should have been on the field more.

Just in the last Jets scoring drive.  On a 3rd and 10, under 4 mins out of the end zone, makes the catch for a 1st down.

On the 4 and 8 with 3 mins  left, makes the catch for the first down.    Also caught another 1st down on that drive.

I like Crowder, and he's been the Jets best WR under bad conditions.  Thing is he's a bit redundant on this team.  He'll be gone next season, if they can get something for him, like an OL who can pass block, do it.

I'm fine keeping Crowder around, for the sake of Wilson more than anything else.  It would be hard to turn down any significant offer for him, but very unlikely to be coming based on how everything went with him this offseason, and it wouldn't be worth some meaningless throwaway that would more likely to be offered, like a 7th.

With all of that said, even being a Crowder fan, and will be glad to have him back, it certainly doesn't lead to this weird need of some to be hating on Berrios' performance in his absence.  Berrios has shown improvement over his entire time here and today seemed to suggest that is continuing on.  You could do a WHOLE LOT worse for your #5 WR (potentially even #6 if you put Mims ahead of him, although the Jets clearly do not).  In truth, with a combination of being younger and cheaper, the Jets might get just as much of an offer for Berrios as they would Crowder, but are most likely to accept neither.

Let's not forget, Berrios was one of Douglas' earliest pickups, grabbed during final cutdowns after JD's first preseason, and has stuck on the roster for the 3rd year in a row, so clearly he's a fan.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

He makes 0 difference in this game, and Berrios did a great job.  Should have been on the field more.

Just in the last Jets scoring drive.  On a 3rd and 10, under 4 mins out of the end zone, makes the catch for a 1st down.

On the 4 and 8 with 3 mins  left, makes the catch for the first down.    Also caught another 1st down on that drive.

I like Crowder, and he's been the Jets best WR under bad conditions.  Thing is he's a bit redundant on this team.  He'll be gone next season, if they can get something for him, like an OL who can pass block, do it.

Moore dropped two, maybe three passes,....that would likely be Crowder's ball.....that changes everything.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Moore dropped two, maybe three passes,....that would likely be Crowder's ball.....that changes everything.

Moore played outside a good part of the game.  Even if Crowder is in, Moore still drops those balls.  :) 

Moore had a real sh-tty game.  Hope we don't see anymore of those drops.  Don't think we will, its not his history.  

Like I said, I like Crowder.  if he stays I'm good with it.  if someone offers something that will help the team now, I'm good with that too.