Do we still want to trade Crowder

FidelioJet

44 minutes ago, undertow said:

People need to stop acting like 4th round picks are gold we can barely find a good player in the top ten.  Removing a weapon for a young QB for a 4th makes no sense and I'm not even sure you can get a 4th.

Past failures at drafting do not reduce the value of the draft capital itself. 

Since 2000, the following were all excellent/very good/useful 4th rounders:  

• Dak Prescott
  • Jared Allen
  • Geno Atkins
  • Elvis Dumervil
  • Brandon Marshall
  • David Bakhtiari
  • Jahri Evans
  • Asante Samuel
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Kwon Alexander
  • Eddie Jackson
  • Darren Sproles
  • Josh Sitton
  • Blake Martinez
  • Trey Flowers
  • Za'Darius Smith
  • Everson Griffen
  • Shaq Mason
  • T.J. Lang
  • Devonta Freeman
  • Joe Schobert
  • Domata Peko
  • De'Vondre Campbell
  • DaQuan Jones
  • Daryl Williams
  • Stephen Tulloch
  • Ryan Diem
  • Shaun Phillips
  • Dean Lowry
  • Mark Glowinski
  • Roberto Garza
  • Anthony Hitchens
  • Robert Geathers
  • Todd Herremans
  • James White
  • Bashaud Breeland
  • Glover Quin
  • Jermon Bushrod
  • Jarret Johnson
  • Bradie James
  • Ike Taylor
  • Russell Bodine
  • Tre Boston
  • K.J. Wright
  • John Simon
  • J.C. Tretter
  • Ben Jones
  • Doug Free
  • Barry Cofield
  • Rob Sims
  • Nigel Bradam
  • Akeem Spence
  • Maxx Crosby
  • Clint Boling
  • Mike Daniels
  • David Garrard
  • Larry Foote
  • Lamar Miller
  • Nyheim Hines
  • Tarik Cohen
  • Jamaal Williams
  • Samson Ebukam
  • David Onyemata

Not to mention our own Kerry Rhodes, Jerrico Cotchery, Bilal Powell, Dwight Lowery, Leon Washington and Brad Smith.  Most recently, in 2020, Gabriel Davis has looked very good for Buffalo.

You don't turn down that kind of draft capital for a 28-year old slot receiver on an expiring contract.  Luckily for Crowder fans out there, no one is offering up a 4th.  

Oh, and btw, Crowder himself was a 4th round pick back in 2015, too.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Look...I keep hearing to trade Crowder for a 4th...

I keep saying, outside of Davis he's the only reliable receiver on this team.

To say the least, he catches the ball.

Can we stop with this now?

You don't understand.  We need another 4th rounder.

Because Lamical Perine, James Morgan, Cameron Clark, and Michael Carter aren't enough.

The entire idea is to trade away proven players to get just one more dumpster dive.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Past failures at drafting do not reduce the value of the draft capital itself. 

Since 2000, the likes of Dak Prescott, Jared Allen, Geno Atkins, Elvis Dumervil, Brandon Marshall, David Bakhtiari, Jahri Evans, Asante Samuel, Kirk Cousins, Kwon Alexander, Eddie Jackson, Darren Sproles, Josh Sitton, Devonta Freeman, and our own Kerry Rhodes, Jerrico Cotchery, Bilal Powell, Dwight Lowery, Leon Washington and Brad Smith were all excellent or good/useful players picked in the 4th round.  

You don't turn down that kind of draft capital for a 28-year old slot receiver on an expiring contract.  Luckily for Crowder fans out there, no one is offering up a 4th.  

I don't believe the odds of the Jets picking a good player in the 4th outweighs the importance of surrounding Wilson with as much talent as possible is.  When the Jets figure out how to draft and develop a young QB then I'll worry about 3rd day lottery tickets.  Just my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, undertow said:

I don't believe the odds of the Jets picking a good player in the 4th outweighs the importance of surrounding Wilson with as much talent as possible is.  When the Jets figure out how to draft and develop a young QB then I'll worry about 3rd day lottery tickets.  Just my opinion. 

Well that's why Douglas added Corey Davis, Keelan Cole, and Elijah Moore into the mix.  He only wanted Crowder back if he took a pay-cut, meaning he was expendable.  And he'd be right. 

I get that we want as many good/decent WR's as possible around Wilson, but we also want him to develop chemistry with receivers who will actually be here in 2022, too.  Crowder isn't one of them.  Granted, Cole might not be back either, but he's arguably better than Crowder.

1 year of Crowder probably can't help Wilson's career more than a 2022 fourth round pick could help Wilson.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Today's results shouldn't impact anyone's view of what we have at WR.  And what we have is a fair amount of quality, young talent.  1 game should not be changing anyone's opinion of this WR group drastically.  

Elijah Moore went from a fan favorite to an afterthought at best in Jets fans' eyes in 1 game?  He's going to develop into a nice player.  Give it time.  

That is true, and I still have high hopes for Moore. However he is still an unproven commodity, while Jamison is. Having more decent weapons can't hurt and only give Wilson more opportunities.