The "Pro-Gase-iacs" Are Hijacking Threads and It's Making the Board Unreadable...

jetswinbaby!

2 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

It was only 1 game...

Give it a rest, please?

Please come to grips with the fact that Adam Gase was a very bad HC...

Bashing Joe Douglas in every thread will not cause the rest of us to "see the light"...

"You know what? It wasn't Gase's fault after all, he was doomed to fail by Douglas"...

Even the "Let's Discuss the Positives of the Game" threads devolve into a "By the way, Joe Douglas is a bad GM" thread...

Joe Douglas may in fact prove to be a bad GM, but if his HC hire and QB pick turn out to be the real deal, then that is to his credit...

Time will tell...

But Douglas' performance in no way will ever redeem Gase's hideous tenure here...

In one thread, someone actually suggested that the Jets sit Zach Wilson down for the rest of the season, and start Mike White, virtually guaranteeing a 1 win season...

Does this sound like someone that has the best interests of the Jets, or Jets fans, at heart, or someone who wants to promote themselves with an "I told you so!"

Can we all just be considerate of eachother and leave agendas out of it?

They all suck, eff them all

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There were people who dared to say that not every Jets problem of the last three years was the direct fault of Adam Gase and some folks lost their minds at the assertion 

Reading through the obvious sarcasm, I understand your position to be: (1) the New York Jets roster presented certain difficulties not directly attributable to Adam Gase's tenure as head coach; and (2) certain posters of the JetsNation.com forum had myopically hyperfocused on Adam Gase's misgivings as either a play-caller or motivator of men and presently struggle to reconcile today's performance by the New York Jets given that Adam Gase is no longer a part of the New York Jets organization.

This is an interesting query. As my sports writing professor explained, fans of any given team are prone to scapegoating some aspect of the sports organization - often the coaching staff, and sometimes even the beat reporters.  In sum, a more objective view lends itself to less heartbreak and actually a more enjoyable experience.  I.e., watching what actually occurred instead of what might have occurred through the warped lens of hyperfandom.  An astute point, Mr. Shane.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

Reading through the obvious sarcasm, I understand your position to be: (1) the New York Jets roster presented certain difficulties not directly attributable to Adam Gase's tenure as head coach; and (2) certain posters of the JetsNation.com forum had myopically hyperfocused on Adam Gase's misgivings as either a play-caller or motivator of men and presently struggle to reconcile today's performance by the New York Jets given that Adam Gase is no longer a part of the New York Jets organization.

This is an interesting query. As my sports writing professor explained, fans of any given team are prone to scapegoating some aspect of the sports organization - often the coaching staff, and sometimes even the beat reporters.  In sum, a more objective view lends itself to less heartbreak and actually a more enjoyable experience.  I.e., watching what actually occurred instead of what might have occurred through the warped lens of hyperfandom.  An astute point, Mr. Shane.

Well, this is an especially peculiar alt.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Well, this is an especially peculiar alt.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

(It’s George Will)

First, I am not familiar with the jargon of internet forums but, after doing some research, I understand that ZachEY (a clever portmanteau of Zach Wilson and Ernst & Young?) is suggesting that I am: (1) unusual and (2) an alternative account for a preexisting user of the JetsNation Forums.  I don't deny that my writing style is rather formal, but I am merely attempting to practice my writing here with the hopes that it will improve my prose and benefit my career aspirations. Separately, and against my better judgment (as I suspect denying it or responding at all will only fan the flame that I am an "alt"), I deny being an "alt."  To be frank, my former sports journalism professor recommended that I participate in various fan forums across multiple sports to get a better sense of the information that is meaningful to sports fans and possibly even obtain interest in my future endeavors.   

Second, I hesitate to touch the third rail of the current cultural moment by expressing a view on a potentially divisive figure, such as George Will.  Whatever my views, I can say I care a whole lot more about men's tennis than the machinations of people in Washington D.C.  

• Thumb Down 2

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Shower bench seat with the help of a little latino hottie nurse. 

Daily shower even when disabled unlike you what's your excuse Sunday night bathtub boy. 

La·ti·no
/ˌlaˈtēnō,ləˈtēnō/

NORTH AMERICAN
noun
  1. (in North America) a person of Latin American origin or descent, especially a man or boy.
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Yeah that's usually how it works.

Apologies if I am being dense, are you: (1) agreeing with me that practicing formal writing even when it is not necessarily the proper venue for that style of prose is a useful method for developing one's proficiency as a writer, or (2) belittling my efforts at personal growth by suggesting that writing on Jets Nation Forum is not a typical means of developing one's aptitude as a writer?  I do not begrudge you either way, and would understand the humor if you were doing the latter.  In any event, I am merely trying to get my bearings here and to understand the customs that have proliferated among the denizens of Jets Nation Forum.