The "Pro-Gase-iacs" Are Hijacking Threads and It's Making the Board Unreadable...

5 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

It was only 1 game...

Give it a rest, please?

Please come to grips with the fact that Adam Gase was a very bad HC...

Bashing Joe Douglas in every thread will not cause the rest of us to "see the light"...

"You know what? It wasn't Gase's fault after all, he was doomed to fail by Douglas"...

Even the "Let's Discuss the Positives of the Game" threads devolve into a "By the way, Joe Douglas is a bad GM" thread...

Joe Douglas may in fact prove to be a bad GM, but if his HC hire and QB pick turn out to be the real deal, then that is to his credit...

Time will tell...

But Douglas' performance in no way will ever redeem Gase's hideous tenure here...

In one thread, someone actually suggested that the Jets sit Zach Wilson down for the rest of the season, and start Mike White, virtually guaranteeing a 1 win season...

Does this sound like someone that has the best interests of the Jets, or Jets fans, at heart, or someone who wants to promote themselves with an "I told you so!"

Can we all just be considerate of eachother and leave agendas out of it?

Dude,  I had some guy on twitter coming at me like 15 minutes into the game defending Gase and telling me they're worse without him.

There were a handful of fans who were dying to see the Jets get shut out today and were pissed to see Wilson turn it around after his 2-10 start.

Ignore them.

• Sad 1
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was only 1 game... Give it a rest, please? Please come to grips with the fact that Adam Gase was a very bad HC... Bashing Joe Douglas in every thread will not cause the rest of us to

I hated Gase.  Am I still allowed to criticize the obvious flaws on this team, or must I think everything the Jets do is the bestest?

I know that I've been busy, but people are actually pro Adam Gase? 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I know that I've been busy, but people are actually pro Adam Gase? 

Yeah screenname is “Wyatt” something or other 

3 hours ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

First, I am not familiar with the jargon of internet forums but, after doing some research, I understand that ZachEY (a clever portmanteau of Zach Wilson and Ernst & Young?) is suggesting that I am: (1) unusual and (2) an alternative account for a preexisting user of the JetsNation Forums.  I don't deny that my writing style is rather formal, but I am merely attempting to practice my writing here with the hopes that it will improve my prose and benefit my career aspirations. Separately, and against my better judgment (as I suspect denying it or responding at all will only fan the flame that I am an "alt"), I deny being an "alt."  To be frank, my former sports journalism professor recommended that I participate in various fan forums across multiple sports to get a better sense of the information that is meaningful to sports fans and possibly even obtain interest in my future endeavors.   

Second, I hesitate to touch the third rail of the current cultural moment by expressing a view on a potentially divisive figure, such as George Will.  Whatever my views, I can say I care a whole lot more about men's tennis than the machinations of people in Washington D.C.  

If you really want to improve your writing and be a sports journalist basically write in the exact opposite way you are now. There. Now you’re ready. PayPal me $1000.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, JTJet said:

Sheesh. You make me want to "cant even".

I like the conspiratorial take that there are tons of pro Gase people lurking on the board because what?.. maybe 4 people said something like that? 

Holding JD accountable and being pro Gase are two different things. Just because it's reasonable to criticize JD, doesnt mean everyone is claiming he is/was the problem and Gase is absolved of blame (if you have those receipts, other than @SAR Icomments, please show them) 

You cant look yourself in the mirror and say that JD is completely without responsibility.

-His O Line roster was completely his build, other than I think Alex Lewis, that's HIS area of expertise supposedly, and two years in, it's still atrocious. 

-His very first draft pick ever, cant stay on the field, and is a turnstyle when hes out there. 

-His second draft pick ever, barely sees the field for reasons the coaching staff keep tight lipped. 

-His wasted pick on a punter is now injured, and frankly outplayed by a kicker who's never punted. 

-His wasted 2020 4th rounder just gave Carolina a bit of inside info on us. 

-His second first rounder this year, was also a turnstyle.

-His second rounder this year was non existent. 

-His free agent safety was out of the game by the second quarter.

-Yes Zach looked good, but any GM worth a damn was making that pick, it's not like JD had some inspired revelation.  

Honestly, where do YOU finally draw the line and get mad? I mean for ****s sake, its borderline comical at this point. 

i think your overreacting a bit.

so your blaming injuries on JD? i guess it was JDs fault that a guy got blocked into the punter.

and rookies who played there first ever NFL game? you think you want to give these kids a chance. 

didnt we play much better in the 2nd half then the 1st half? you had to know if was going to start out rough. i admit it was a lot rougher than i thought but things got better in the 2nd half.

i get your mad but i would be even madder if the half's were reversed. we came out to a 14-3 halftime lead and then dropped off a cliff in the 2nd half and blew the game. thats a Adam Gase thing. where his first 15 scripted plays were good but then he never made adjustments. Saleh made good adjustments at the half. 

there was some positive things. 

its too early for me to draw that line. its just one game. and i dont blame injuries on a GM. this team has 16 games left. these players from 2020 draft can turn it around. and this years picks, you know they need more time than one game. 

once i draw that line then im done with JD. i cant come back. and if these guys turn it around im going to be like Randy Quaid from Major League 2... 

your right, JD is 100% responsible for this roster. its all his except for a few players. its just way too early to kill him for it. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Dude,  I had some guy on twitter coming at me like 15 minutes into the game defending Gase and telling me they're worse without him.

There were a handful of fans who were dying to see the Jets get shut out today and were pissed to see Wilson turn it around after his 2-10 start.

Ignore them.

thats what happens when you give up on the too early. when you say JD sucks or Saleh sucks. once you cross that line you got to root for them to continue to fail or you look bad.

• Confused 1
6 hours ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

Reading through the obvious sarcasm, I understand your position to be: (1) the New York Jets roster presented certain difficulties not directly attributable to Adam Gase's tenure as head coach; and (2) certain posters of the JetsNation.com forum had myopically hyperfocused on Adam Gase's misgivings as either a play-caller or motivator of men and presently struggle to reconcile today's performance by the New York Jets given that Adam Gase is no longer a part of the New York Jets organization.

This is an interesting query. As my sports writing professor explained, fans of any given team are prone to scapegoating some aspect of the sports organization - often the coaching staff, and sometimes even the beat reporters.  In sum, a more objective view lends itself to less heartbreak and actually a more enjoyable experience.  I.e., watching what actually occurred instead of what might have occurred through the warped lens of hyperfandom.  An astute point, Mr. Shane.

WB DWC!

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There were people who dared to say that not every Jets problem of the last three years was the direct fault of Adam Gase and some folks lost their minds at the assertion 

Seems par for course. Everybody knows that all problems are the result of a singular entity. 

8 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

It was only 1 game...

Give it a rest, please?

Bashing Joe Douglas in every thread will not cause the rest of us to "see the light"...

"You know what? It wasn't Gase's fault after all, he was doomed to fail by Douglas"...

Even the "Let's Discuss the Positives of the Game" threads devolve into a "By the way, Joe Douglas is a bad GM" thread...

Joe Douglas may in fact prove to be a bad GM, but if his HC hire and QB pick turn out to be the real deal, then that is to his credit...

Time will tell...

But Douglas' performance in no way will ever redeem Gase's hideous tenure here...

In one thread, someone actually suggested that the Jets sit Zach Wilson down for the rest of the season, and start Mike White, virtually guaranteeing a 1 win season...

Does this sound like someone that has the best interests of the Jets, or Jets fans, at heart, or someone who wants to promote themselves with an "I told you so!"

No. 

7 hours ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

Reading through the obvious sarcasm, I understand your position to be: (1) the New York Jets roster presented certain difficulties not directly attributable to Adam Gase's tenure as head coach; and (2) certain posters of the JetsNation.com forum had myopically hyperfocused on Adam Gase's misgivings as either a play-caller or motivator of men and presently struggle to reconcile today's performance by the New York Jets given that Adam Gase is no longer a part of the New York Jets organization.

This is an interesting query. As my sports writing professor explained, fans of any given team are prone to scapegoating some aspect of the sports organization - often the coaching staff, and sometimes even the beat reporters.  In sum, a more objective view lends itself to less heartbreak and actually a more enjoyable experience.  I.e., watching what actually occurred instead of what might have occurred through the warped lens of hyperfandom.  An astute point, Mr. Shane.

Journalism 101.  Before writing your novel, see if you can write the cliff notes or Clasic comic version first.  

• Haha 4
10 hours ago, freestater said:

I hated Gase. 

Am I still allowed to criticize the obvious flaws on this team, or must I think everything the Jets do is the bestest?

Theres a huge difference between this and the thread hijacking of SAR, trying to make JD into a moron like his Gase was to take the smell off of Gase.

This fandom, needs to stop going to the edge of the cliff all the time. It's been over 50 years and like it or not this team is what it has been. Is JD perfect, absolutely not. One can make lots of arguments for mistakes he's made. One can also say he's been our best GM in a VERY long time. I'm sure he will continue to make mistakes, we need to just hope that they are in the lessor percentage, than the other direction. I myself would have liked it better if he would have made more of an effort to stop bargain hunting on the OL, and would have drafted more of them in the last 2 years. Missing on Claypool, and taking Mims was another mistake. We don't know much of the dynamic between him and Gase for his first draft, but we get to learn more about him now that he is in line with Saleh. We all praised him for his 1st 4 picks this year focusing on Offense, yet now we're bashing him at the same time after just the 1st game. This team is a work in progress and you'd better get used to it... JD isn't going anywhere soon, and you can expect that Saleh isn't either for the next 3-4 years. Let's just hope that both continue to improve at their craft and that's no slight on JD or Saleh (YET)...

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

It was only 1 game...

Give it a rest, please?

Time will tell...

I actually did not notice a pro Gase agenda here but are you actually happy with the majority of the picks JD has made in the draft? I think people are calling it  as they see it. I mean wtf was the reason Mims was not on the field until very late? My guess is they think Barrios is better which is maddening and that is only one example with what is wrong with his picks. Becton is bordering on mega-bust status.  

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is an incredibly young team....

This is what exactly should have been expected.  This was a sloppy, mistake ridden football game.

It's like you guys have never watched the NFL before.  We're going to see this all year.

Hopefully it gets better throughout the season.

This. The team is very young and inexperienced. They're going to struggle early on. The hope is they improve as the season goes.

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

How so? On 9 occasions last season Gase’s O failed to score more than 14 points, and Gase had a 3d year QB in his second year playing in Gase’s O —- Not a Rookie playing in a new system for the entire O.

If anything, this game was an indictment of Gase when you consider the fact that Darnold, with a new coach, was decent.

Zach is miles better than Sam.  Sam puts up a donut yesterday with the new coaching staff.  Zach puts up 27 to 30 if he's on Carolina.  

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Still playing the makeup sex card.  

Not sure what this means but I hated the idea of hiring Gase from the moment it was reported he had an interview. (Which is, incidentally the moment I knew he was going to be the next HC. Because jets)

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, freestater said:

Not sure what this means but I hated the idea of hiring Gase from the moment it was reported he had an interview. (Which is, incidentally the moment I knew he was going to be the next HC. Because jets)

We may have to rehire him to get rid of Douglas and Saleh.   There's no sex like makeup sex.  

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

This. The team is very young and inexperienced. They're going to struggle early on. The hope is they improve as the season goes.

Honestly, I don't  completely  buy this. The OL at the end of last season resembled a cohesive unit. They were giving Sam time to throw. From what I saw, all the changes made for a step backwards. 

27 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Zach is miles better than Sam.  Sam puts up a donut yesterday with the new coaching staff.  Zach puts up 27 to 30 if he's on Carolina.  

I just want to comment on this and then we can get back to bashing DWC. 

Zack had a very up and down performance. There were great throws made but there were also times he made bad ones and a bunch of times where he held the ball too long. It was an encouraging  day for Jets fans as far as the QB goes but let's  not pretend there was prime Patrick Mahomes there being held back by the rest of the Jets team. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

I just want to comment on this and then we cam get back to bashing DWC. 

Zack had a very up and down performance. There were great throws made but there were also times he made bad ones and a bunch of times where he held the ball too long. It was an encouraging  day for Jets fans as dar as the QB goes but let's  not pretend there was prime Patrick Mahomes there being held back by the rest of the Jets team. 

If we don’t seriously upgrade this roster next offseason Zach will wash out here same way Sam did 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I just want to comment on this and then we cam get back to bashing DWC. 

Zack had a very up and down performance. There were great throws made but there were also times he made bad ones and a bunch of times where he held the ball too long. It was an encouraging  day for Jets fans as dar as the QB goes but let's  not pretend there was prime Patrick Mahomes there being held back by the rest of the Jets team. 

I'm not pretending.  He was held back by his teammates and the OC.  It was obvious.  Moore dropping two dimes early set the tone for the entire first half. 

Mahomes no.  Balling his ass off while the guys around him looked like big stiffs, yes.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Yeah screenname is “Wyatt” something or other 

If you really want to improve your writing and be a sports journalist basically write in the exact opposite way you are now. There. Now you’re ready. PayPal me $1000.

Learning is an iterative process, so I am sure that I will at some juncture adopt an entirely different style and be intrigued by different subjects.  For now, I am embracing a heady approach to sports journalism because I think that it could use a stylistic and intellectual innovator not unlike David Foster Wallace.  In a time when we overconsume vapid media, I think having a piece of thoughtful prose that took considerable time to write, and maybe takes a considerable time to read, is a welcome interruption -- a chance for the journalist and reader to sit down over a coffee and really get into the thick of it.  I might be wrong, but that's what I am striving towards.  For example, I am presently working on a novel-length work on the history of naming teams and how it is an outgrowth of mercantilism in Italy.  

Edit: Also, I get that you are being sarcastic, but I am not financially in a position to PayPal you that amount, and I will not be doing so.  

53 minutes ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

Learning is an iterative process, so I am sure that I will at some juncture adopt an entirely different style and be intrigued by different subjects.  For now, I am embracing a heady approach to sports journalism because I think that it could use a stylistic and intellectual innovator not unlike David Foster Wallace.  In a time when we overconsume vapid media, I think having a piece of thoughtful prose that took considerable time to write, and maybe takes a considerable time to read, is a welcome interruption -- a chance for the journalist and reader to sit down over a coffee and really get into the thick of it.  I might be wrong, but that's what I am striving towards.  For example, I am presently working on a novel-length work on the history of naming teams and how it is an outgrowth of mercantilism in Italy.  

Edit: Also, I get that you are being sarcastic, but I am not financially in a position to PayPal you that amount, and I will not be doing so.  

Over/under 2 days before this schtick bores even you. Anyone who was genuinely like this would’ve had the douche beaten out of them a long time ago.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, I don't  completely  buy this. The OL at the end of last season resembled a cohesive unit. They were giving Sam time to throw. From what I saw, all the changes made for a step backwards. 

I'm talking about the team as a whole. 

31 minutes ago, jgb said:

Over/under 2 days before this schtick bores even you. Anyone who was genuinely like this would’ve had the douche beaten out of them a long time ago.

I have addressed this observation that I must have been bullied in a separate thread as that (false) conclusion is apparently easily derived from my writing style or is a common mode of thinking among posters here.  You can review it here: 

image.gif.078112260f843587af096814d02d92f4.gif