The "Pro-Gase-iacs" Are Hijacking Threads and It's Making the Board Unreadable...

jetswinbaby!

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Besides SAR, is there any 'PRO GASE" people? Thats just a false narrative. 

I am not and never was an Adam Gase fan. 

If supporting the guy that got Mike Maccagnan fired and rallied the team to a 6-2 finish after a 1-7 start that wasn’t his fault is called “pro-Gase” then so be it. 

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

I have addressed this observation that I must have been bullied in a separate thread as that (false) conclusion is apparently easily derived from my writing style or is a common mode of thinking among posters here.  You can review it here: 

image.gif.078112260f843587af096814d02d92f4.gif

Clearly you don’t have any brothers. And if you do, I have no respect for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, doitny said:

i think your overreacting a bit.

so your blaming injuries on JD? i guess it was JDs fault that a guy got blocked into the punter.

and rookies who played there first ever NFL game? you think you want to give these kids a chance. 

didnt we play much better in the 2nd half then the 1st half? you had to know if was going to start out rough. i admit it was a lot rougher than i thought but things got better in the 2nd half.

i get your mad but i would be even madder if the half's were reversed. we came out to a 14-3 halftime lead and then dropped off a cliff in the 2nd half and blew the game. thats a Adam Gase thing. where his first 15 scripted plays were good but then he never made adjustments. Saleh made good adjustments at the half. 

there was some positive things. 

its too early for me to draw that line. its just one game. and i dont blame injuries on a GM. this team has 16 games left. these players from 2020 draft can turn it around. and this years picks, you know they need more time than one game. 

once i draw that line then im done with JD. i cant come back. and if these guys turn it around im going to be like Randy Quaid from Major League 2... 

your right, JD is 100% responsible for this roster. its all his except for a few players. its just way too early to kill him for it. 

I'm not overreacting at all. I was replying to someone that was overreacting. 

Someone claiming that JD bears NO responsibility whatsoever. I'm not claiming he is only to blame at all, but he certainly is due some criticism, and anyone blindly giving him excuses isnt accepting reality. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I am not and never was an Adam Gase fan. 

If supporting the guy that got Mike Maccagnan fired and rallied the team to a 6-2 finish after a 1-7 start that wasn’t his fault is called “pro-Gase” then so be it. 

SAR I

I do not understand why this poster is required to disclaim ever being pro-Gase. 

Gase is ultimately who his record says he is, but at the same time, as in most other contexts, he does not seem to get the benefit of being viewed in the context of his tenure.  The roster he inherited was among the worst in the league and none of the GMs he worked alongside did much to improve the roster.  Did he develop talent?  No.  Did he develop a winning culture?  No.  Was he involved in some decisions that afford the New York Jets to improve going forward given cap space, draft picks, etc.?  Yes.  Does the last point mean that we should hold a parade for him?  No.  Does that mean we should view him in a somewhat more positive light?  Maybe.    

In Sports Journalism classes I've taken, I was instructed that the meta-narrative of sports coverage can sometimes overwhelm the actual events.  Adam Gase as a curmudgeon that was disliked in press conferences and did not put forward a good face is a key example.  If we strip the googley-eyed salt snorting maligned persona from the narrative of Adam Gase and look at the naked body of his work, we would find that he is simply a mediocre coach that was in over his head.  Haven't we all been in over our heads before?  

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Clearly you don’t have any brothers. And if you do, I have no respect for them.

I think its consistent with your theory that I am the oldest sibling.  So you can find me tiresome without needing to draw any conclusions about my younger brothers.  

16 hours ago, JTJet said:

Sheesh. You make me want to "cant even".

I like the conspiratorial take that there are tons of pro Gase people lurking on the board because what?.. maybe 4 people said something like that? 

Holding JD accountable and being pro Gase are two different things. Just because it's reasonable to criticize JD, doesnt mean everyone is claiming he is/was the problem and Gase is absolved of blame (if you have those receipts, other than @SAR Icomments, please show them) 

You cant look yourself in the mirror and say that JD is completely without responsibility.

-His O Line roster was completely his build, other than I think Alex Lewis, that's HIS area of expertise supposedly, and two years in, it's still atrocious. 

-His very first draft pick ever, cant stay on the field, and is a turnstyle when hes out there. 

-His second draft pick ever, barely sees the field for reasons the coaching staff keep tight lipped. 

-His wasted pick on a punter is now injured, and frankly outplayed by a kicker who's never punted. 

-His wasted 2020 4th rounder just gave Carolina a bit of inside info on us. 

-His second first rounder this year, was also a turnstyle.

-His second rounder this year was non existent. 

-His free agent safety was out of the game by the second quarter.

-Yes Zach looked good, but any GM worth a damn was making that pick, it's not like JD had some inspired revelation.  

Honestly, where do YOU finally draw the line and get mad? I mean for ****s sake, its borderline comical at this point. 

you're going to hold douglas accountable for a players game day injury?  you've got to be kidding.  most people don't put douglas on a pedestal but they certainly realize he's doing a better job than mack, idzik and tanny.  and don't forget that 4/5 ths of the oline haven't played together for an extended period of tie.  they'll get better.  it takes reps.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

you're going to hold douglas accountable for a players game day injury?  you've got to be kidding.  most people don't put douglas on a pedestal but they certainly realize he's doing a better job than mack, idzik and tanny.  and don't forget that 4/5 ths of the oline haven't played together for an extended period of tie.  they'll get better.  it takes reps.

Yes I am. There are durable players and then there are the players Joe Douglas drafts, I will forgive him for the Mann injury but kneecap or no kneecap, Becton could barely make it through a 3 game stretch. 

I also never said he was doing worse or better than Mack and Idzik. But to say he is doing better than Tanny is just dumb, they had two completely different GM philosophies. While irresponsible with the cap, Tanny had an eye for FAs, and they mostly came in and performed well, his drafts were sub par though. 

Joe D on the other hand has had an atrocious time in FA, and his drafts are so far, mediocre at best. 

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes I am. There are durable players and then there are the players Joe Douglas drafts, I will forgive him for the Mann injury but kneecap or no kneecap, Becton could barely make it through a 3 game stretch. 

I also never said he was doing worse or better than Mack and Idzik. But to say he is doing better than Tanny is just dumb, they had two completely different GM philosophies. While irresponsible with the cap, Tanny had an eye for FAs, and they mostly came in and performed well, his drafts were sub par though. 

Joe D on the other hand has had an atrocious time in FA, and his drafts are so far, mediocre at best. 

I believe his first two drafts went D'Brickshaw and Mangold followed by Revis and Harris.  Granted his third draft wasn't good and they went all in on Sanchez.   Sanchez was protected by a great OL and legitimate running back talent.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I believe his first two drafts went D'Brickshaw and Mangold followed by Revis and Harris.  Granted his third draft wasn't good and they went all in on Sanchez.   Sanchez was protected by a great OL and legitimate running back talent.  

I guess I should clarify that I meant the depth of his drafts, but yes you're right. 

35 minutes ago, JTJet said:

i still don't see where you can make this claim about tanny versus douglas.  tanny started with a much better team and while you can point out that tanny brought in edwards and holmes he also had some pretty wasted draft picks in guys like coples, gholston, wilson, stephen hill, etc.  did tanny have a single second rounder that worked out?    and then is always sanchez.  good enough with a good team but once he had to play and win he didn't do much. and the fact that tanny was fired before rex speaks volumes.

you want to bring up the free agents douglas has brought in?  he was saddled with trumaine and bell  and also mosely.  the jets were also saddled with a lot of dead money and didn't have enough money to go on a spree like mac did.  i get that he overpaid for kalil but that was a one year deal and a chance to put a band aid on a position.  same thing with guys like perriman but even there they could've had top flight guys at all of those positions last season and they would've had a bad season.  sometimes you gotta be honest with what you have and take a step back before taking a few steps forward.  if you feel the same after next season then you have a good argument.  i may even join.  i don't think it holds much water this season.

2 hours ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

I do not understand why this poster is required to disclaim ever being pro-Gase. 

Gase is ultimately who his record says he is, but at the same time, as in most other contexts, he does not seem to get the benefit of being viewed in the context of his tenure.  The roster he inherited was among the worst in the league and none of the GMs he worked alongside did much to improve the roster.  Did he develop talent?  No.  Did he develop a winning culture?  No.  Was he involved in some decisions that afford the New York Jets to improve going forward given cap space, draft picks, etc.?  Yes.  Does the last point mean that we should hold a parade for him?  No.  Does that mean we should view him in a somewhat more positive light?  Maybe.    

In Sports Journalism classes I've taken, I was instructed that the meta-narrative of sports coverage can sometimes overwhelm the actual events.  Adam Gase as a curmudgeon that was disliked in press conferences and did not put forward a good face is a key example.  If we strip the googley-eyed salt snorting maligned persona from the narrative of Adam Gase and look at the naked body of his work, we would find that he is simply a mediocre coach that was in over his head.  Haven't we all been in over our heads before?  

Calling Gase mediocre is an undeserved compliment. 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

No.

Does that mean:

(A) My status as the eldest sibling is not consistent with your theory

(B) Regardless of my status as the eldest sibling you bear ill will towards my younger siblings based on reading (at most) 10 posts I've made in the past 24 hours

(C) Both