these anti-stadium people-Michael Kay

SoFlaJets

saying on the radio that the Jets are extorting the city with this deal are short sighted.Whatever money the city and state put out will probably be made up in revenue(sp?)garnered by the Olympics and the 2010 SB.That's how I see it anyway but I don't know maybe somebody else knows more about this and can enlighten me.

I agree, they'd rather have a railyard than a 75,000 seat state of the art football stadium in the west side neighborhood. IDIOTS! I grew up in NYC and still live here, sh*t I took the bar exam at the javits center and I know what a dump that neighborhood has always been (hookers, drug dealers . . . ). The stadium wuold actually allow people to walk around there on a sunday night. The one con though, the tailgating . . . oh how I will miss the tailgating. That's Woody should have just gone to Queens in the first place. It's his money though, I just want to see the Jets play a home game in NY before I die (oh, and splash in a SB win too).

I agree, they'd rather have a railyard than a 75,000 seat state of the art football stadium in the west side neighborhood. IDIOTS! I grew up in NYC and still live here, sh*t I took the bar exam at the javits center and I know what a dump that neighborhood has always been (hookers, drug dealers . . . ). The stadium wuold actually allow people to walk around there on a sunday night. The one con though, the tailgating . . . oh how I will miss the tailgating. That's Woody should have just gone to Queens in the first place. It's his money though, I just want to see the Jets play a home game in NY before I die (oh, and splash in a SB win too).
How is it you people aren`t getting this ,They don`t want it in QUEENS ,the council there came out to show their support of the " WESTSIDE stadium on every level and when Leon Hess tried to build it in queens the people in queens shot it down then also.....IT`s the WESTSIDE or it`s the meadows thats it........

How is it you people aren`t getting this ,They don`t want it in QUEENS ,the council there came out to show their support of the " WESTSIDE stadium on every level and when Leon Hess tried to build it in queens the people in queens shot it down then also.....IT`s the WESTSIDE or it`s the meadows thats it........

I did not know that, thanks for the insight on the Hess situation. I believe we're getting the West side, it's time. And Chad will only be 33 by then!

Archived