Who knows MetLife?

Dtree

Hi everyone, I am hitting the Jets home opener on Sunday and I'm sitting in section 236, row 2 (visitor side).  Does my ticket allow me access to the Toyota Club?  I don't get to MetLife very often and I can't find an answer anywhere online. Thanks for your help in advance. 

8 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

He asked about the Toyota Club ; not a sun tan . 

468-CA0-E4-F509-435-B-8941-3786-BF837-FD

It was the map I had handy, but it's also helpful information. 

You don't want to be on the sunny side of the stadium in September.  Sun tan aren't the words to describe it.  Space capsule approaching planet Mercury is more like it.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SUNSHADE.jpg

Yes, those are Mezzanine Club seats and you'll have access to the food/drink/bathrooms that are your actual entrance to your seats.  Not free, though.  You have to pay for the eats.

Most importantly, do you have a Platinum parking pass?

SAR I

Thanks brother. Much appreciated. No I don't have a parking pass.  I was going to just pay for parking when I get there. Why do you ask? 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SUNSHADE.jpg

Yes, those are Mezzanine Club seats and you'll have access to the food/drink/bathrooms that are your actual entrance to your seats.  Not free, though.  You have to pay for the eats.

SAR I

What time is your sun lien drawn at??

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dtree said:

Thanks brother. Much appreciated. No I don't have a parking pass.  I was going to just pay for parking when I get there. Why do you ask? 

The Jets made some changes to parking this year and eliminated one of the tiers, so unless you have a Platinum parking pass, or intend to get to the stadium 2 1/2 hours early, you may find yourself parking in Siberia.

if I were you I would go to StubHub and buy a premium parking pass pronto. 

SAR I

27 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

What time is your sun lien drawn at??

A7-C5-F13-E-4114-4-E42-9775-386-C447084-

FF7-F3-A04-0-AAE-42-CE-AAAE-457-C96-C1-D

adxopwvbj7tigbby81d5.jpg

About 2pm.  Top photo from December, middle photo from October, it's pretty consistent.  

I've been studying the sun/shade line since 2009 when arial photos were becoming available of both stadiums so I could compare my existing location in Giants Stadium to where I should be in MetLife Stadium.  Did not want the sun under any circumstances.  I think I still have a sunburn from the Testaverde achilles game in '99.  And the glare?  Forget it, squinting into the sun trying to track the football in glare like you find on a highway heading west, no way.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2021 at 9:00 AM, SAR I said:

SUNSHADE.jpg

SAR I

what is the platinum parking pass?  is it the super green pass of the past?  

17 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

But , it feels great in November and December .

Not really.  On the sunny side, no matter what the temperature, if it's not cloudy, you be squinting throughout the game.  Sunny side is awful in every respect on sunny days but worse in September when it is incredibly hotter than the shady side.  There's a reason why the main cameras and media sit on the shady side of this air-conditioner.

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

what is the platinum parking pass?  is it the super green pass of the past?  

old.jpg

plat.jpg

Yes, but its more important than ever because of changes the Jets made this season.

Used to be 3 tiers of parking (old map, top):

General (Orange)
Season Ticket Holders (Yellow)
Premium PSL/Club (Green)

So if you had PSL's or season tickets, you could park in the main lots while those using Stubhub seats or Jets single seats were forced to the remote lots over by Xanadu, Pegasus, and the Giants facility.  Season ticket holders had spaces that were waiting for them because the day trippers weren't allowed in there.

But now (new map, below), the Jets did away with the Yellow season ticket tier and only have Premium (now called Platinum) and General (everything else you see on the map in gold).   So if you've got a Platinum parking pass as a season ticket holder you have a great spot up close and no one else can get in there but if you have a General parking pass as a season ticket holder you are screwed because you're now competing with the daytrippers who can get there earlier than you and force you over to Pegasus.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Maybe if Jets fans weren't so cheap and actually bought PSL's like the Raiders and Rams fans did, we'd have a gorgeous stadium too.

SAR I

@SAR I 

Big difference in stadiums buying a PSL in those stadiums is a big difference than buying one  for our banjo box. 

The amenities in those stadiums are far greater than the best of anything at MetLife. 

Jets/Giants shared venture MetLife should be way better than all in the NFL.

joewilly12 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I 

Big difference in stadiums buying a PSL in those stadiums is a big difference than buying one  for our banjo box. 

The amenities in those stadiums are far greater than the best of anything at MetLife. 

Jets/Giants shared venture MetLife should be way better than all in the NFL.

joewilly12 

Our stadium was designed in 2008.  A time when no one had iPhones and flat screen TV's were still a novelty.  You can't compare the Los Angeles facility that was conceived 13 years later.

Jets fans are cheap, always have been, been this way forever.  If you and your old timers from Giants Stadium bought lower level and mezzanine PSL's and kept your season subscriptions in the upper deck of MetLife, you'd have a better looking stadium.  You get what you pay for.   So don't complain.

SAR I

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jets fans are cheap, always have been, been this way forever.  If you and your old timers from Giants Stadium bought lower level and mezzanine PSL's and kept your season subscriptions in the upper deck of MetLife, you'd have a better looking stadium.  You get what you pay for.   So don't complain.

SAR I

Where were all the masses of fans who were on the so called waiting list to get in. 

What happened to the new stadium being sold out including PSL's. 

My money I choose how to spend it. 

joewilly12

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I love how in 2021 people act like $16,000 we spent 12 years ago means anything to our net worth.

SAR I

Think of what 16000 would of netted you if you invested it for 12 years.  You would be sitting in club seats instead of sitting with the riff raff

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

Think of what 16000 would of netted you if you invested it for 12 years.  You would be sitting in club seats instead of sitting with the riff raff

If I wanted club seats I would have bought them in 2009.  I wanted the seats I have.  So I have them.  As for investments these last 12 years, LOL, I'm not missing the $16K, trust me.

SAR I

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Where were all the masses of fans who were on the so called waiting list to get in. 

What happened to the new stadium being sold out including PSL's. 

The people on the waiting list (raises hand) bought up the PSL's that the cheap old timers walked away from.

The Jets budgeted the stadium in 2005 based on what they knew of Jets fans back then.  And they were right.  Old timers refused to pay fair prices for their great LL seats and they refused to relocate to seats that they could afford.  And the Jets haven't raised ticket prices since 2008 and have even lowered ticket prices in most sections.  The PSL's selling out wasn't the issue; the issue were the 27,500 upper deck seats without PSL's.  That's 1/3 of the stadium and the fairweather fans took off once we started losing in 2012 and never came back.

Again, if we had fans who were willing to pay for PSL's in the upper deck (like the Giants fans) and if we had fans that were willing to keep their season tickets (like the Giants fans) we would have a better looking stadium.  You were too cheap to pay a fair price for the seats you had, you were too cheap to pay the same price to move to your rightful upper deck location, and therefore you are the reason you don't have what you want.  Too many enemy fans?  Your fault.  Too boring a stadium?  Your fault.

SAR I 

• WTF? 1