Becton Game 1 Performance

HessStation

14 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

So, how long is Becton going to be out for? They might as well draft another left tackle since Becton only plays partial seasons anyway. 

Drafting another LT would be a good idea. I thought so if we thought Sewell could work.  

if Becton could be a solid RT picking him at 10 was a solid pick.   I think he needs to take a step backwards. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

So I rewatched Youtube “every Wilson pass” and think there’s an overreaction on Becton’s game. I saw him get beat twice on an inside spin move for a pressure (which was still a completion) and the sack in the 2nd quarter….which if there was a pocket for Wilson to step into, wouldn’t have happened. 

-The inside pressure (throw away) in the 1st quarter was ? on Vera-Tucker. (I was hearing people blame Becton at the time)
-In the 2nd quarter he missed on one inside spin move/ pressure which btw was a completion to the flat on the other side. 
-Last pass play of the 2nd, on the sack, Wilson did hold the ball for a long time and kept moving back instead of stepping into the pocket... Mostly Bc the interior OL was getting pushed 
-2nd half (and pretty much the entire 1st half minus two plays) he was looking great including on the play he was injured. 
-Side note: it was Van Roten (who stinks) + defender who rolled into him on the injury….it wasn’t AVT or McGovern getting abused (like some, including myself, initially thought) ??

Ok, great, tell us how many blocks he makes next week. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Ok, great, tell us how many blocks he makes next week. 

Did you even watch the play where he was injured? How is that possibly 1)Becton's fault or 2) Any indication that he is injury prone?  A Carolina Panther defender beat an interior Jets lineman and fell/was pushed onto the back of Becton's legs.  There is not an OL in the NFL that does not get injured on that play.

As for last year's injuries, that falls squarely on Gase. Becton entered the Raiders game with a sore shoulder. For some reason that I still do not understand, he dressed but did not start. Either he was healthy enough to play and start, or he should have been inactive.  When the starting left tackle was injured early in the game, Gase and his clueless coaches put Becton in and - shockingly /s Becton injured his shoulder, which started the whole injury issue at the end of last season. Does anybody care today whether Becton played vs the Raiders last season??? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Been 1 season and 1 game man. He played almost every game last year.

Step off the ledge.

Lots of other guys are flying under the hurt all the time radar. Lawson and mosley come to mind. Why do they get passes?

Me missed 3.5 games last year, looks like he'll miss that many this year at least. 

Time to get that quality backup.

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Right now, my impressions of Becton are him coming off the field several times last year for "a cold"/getting winded, looking out of shape, getting blown up consistently by Carl Lawson during this Summer's camp, going full turnstile yesterday and almost getting Zack killed, and what will almost assuredly be a season ending injury.

Cmon lighten up. It was all bad but it will get better. Benton played pretty well last year despite some of the setbacks. I myself was extremely disappointed with the OL but have faith it will come together. And Becton will be back. Now go put on some relaxing new age tunes. Stress is not good for your health ? 

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

AVT played like a rookie  who missed 2/3rds of training camp. Honestly I think these guys will Improve as they learn the system and gel. We should have as much if not more concern for the D line. That was the supposed strength of this team and are marquee guy Q was a no show for the most part. A lot to work on. For sure. 

Q was playing some DE or what looked like DE.

• Haha 1