It's Patriots Week

kevinc855

Jets drop disappointing opener to Panthers, but show some pulse in the second half, will it carry over? 

Mac Jones looked efficient for the Patriots but nothing overwhelming as the Patriots also fell to 0-1.

We know Belichick loves game planning on rookie QB? Will Saleh match against a fellow rookie QB? 

Most importantly and of concern for Jet fans, will the Oline get its act together after an embarrassing display in Week 1? 

Finally, the Jets will be home, with fans in Jetlife for the first time since 2019. It will def be rocking, will the Jets use it to their advantage?

One team will drop to 0-2. Who will it be? 

This is the game we watch and realize all franchises are not created equally. But more importantly treated equally, they will hold our guys and our O line will get called for whatever it takes to make Mac Jones look like Tom Brady. Best we all show up realizing that.  

This may be one I do something else and watch it after the fact. I likely won’t be in the game thread much so please realize the playing field won’t be even and keep your heads up. 

It's a game that could go horribly wrong, but theres a slight chance of some magic. 

They're going to throw the house at Wilson, but if he continues with the toughness and resilience that he showed in the 2nd half yesterday we might be alright. Would also love to see some more of the crazy arm he's got, and connect on those big plays that were dropped or missed by inches yesterday. After watching a full game, I believe that our ace in the hole is that Cannon of his.

Our OL and WR's need to be better though. 6 sacks and 5 drops will never have a chance. I think a week to gel, and bring Cole/Crowder back will really help. However this is the Pats we're talking about. Hopefully having a better run game will alleviate a lot, but ya never know.

Defense needs to keep things under control. Miami was able to win a nailbiter through limiting big plays and forcing some clutch turnovers. The goal here is to not let Mac Jones embarrass us, and get some better pressure. QW needs to show up.

Overall we have a slight chance, and that chance depends on Wilson staying strong and smart through fire while using his arm for big plays. Our WRs  need consistently catch and finish the big play. Our O-line has to be better than last week, pure and simple. This can open up the run game too. Finally, our D needs to play well with an idea of "bend dont break". This game can be a disaster, or our greatest game in years.

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Jets drop disappointing opener to Panthers, but show some pulse in the second half, will it carry over? 

That "pulse" was the sound of Matt Rhule not letting Sam Darnold and turnovers lose a game where he had a 16 point lead in the 3rd quarter.  The Panthers turned down the heat, played prevent, and let CMC run around.  Don't be fooled.  That second half was a preseason game.

17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

We know Belichick loves game planning on rookie QB? Will Saleh match against a fellow rookie QB? 

Did Saleh show some defensive genius by letting CMC gash us with grade-school swing passes all day long?  Did Saleh even get Darnold's uniform dirty?

18 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Most importantly and of concern for Jet fans, will the Oline get its act together after an embarrassing display in Week 1?

Not a chance.  

19 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Finally, the Jets will be home, with fans in Jetlife for the first time since 2019. It will def be rocking, will the Jets use it to their advantage?

I don't think it's going to be rocking after what we saw yesterday, actually.  I think fans are now expecting another humiliation and will be surprised if we get out of the first quarter alive.

20 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

One team will drop to 0-2. Who will it be? 

The Jets.  Because we lack something that no one is talking about:  A running back.  Just another "oops I forgot" by Joe Douglas.

SAR I

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I don't think it's going to be rocking after what we saw yesterday, actually.  I think fans are now expecting another humiliation and will be surprised if we get out of the first quarter alive

It’s the first game JeT fans have been to since 2019. The pats are also 0-1 and they are the pats.

I expect a lively crowd 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

That "pulse" was the sound of Matt Rhule not letting Sam Darnold and turnovers lose a game where he had a 16 point lead in the 3rd quarter.  The Panthers turned down the heat, played prevent, and let CMC run around.  Don't be fooled.  That second half was a preseason game.

Did Saleh show some defensive genius by letting CMC gash us with grade-school swing passes all day long?  Did Saleh even get Darnold's uniform dirty?

Not a chance.  

I don't think it's going to be rocking after what we saw yesterday, actually.  I think fans are now expecting another humiliation and will be surprised if we get out of the first quarter alive.

The Jets.  Because we lack something that no one is talking about:  A running back.  Just another "oops I forgot" by Joe Douglas.

SAR I

It is amazing how someone can go from worst to best poster in 3 months lol