Becton Suffered A Dislocated Knee Cap

BroadwayRay

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Can't say I've every dislocated my kneecap.

I've popped a Burser sack in my knee (high school football).

And I've blown out my ACL/MCL (baseball).

Honestly, I don't recall much pain from either injury. 

The ACL/MCL was shockingly painless actually, a loud pop (or so I thought I heard, likely in my head!) and a knowing feeling something really bad just happened (cleat stuck in batters box after I hit a groundball to short, I turned to run, but my lower left leg didn't!  POP!) and a total lack of ability to stand on that leg, but minimal pain at the time of injury.

Same thing with me playing goalie in Hockey got barreled over in butterfly knee popped but didn’t hurt at all tried to stand up and boom crash to floor tried a second time because no pain and same couldn’t bear weight but not very painful at all.

35 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

He's lucky that he only strained his MCL. The concern with dislocating knee caps is that he'll be much more susceptible to reoccurrence.  figure he'll be braced up moving forward.  That said, Mahomes had a similar injury and somehow only missed two games. 

edit:  I've had a lifelong issue with knee dislocations.. so while I'm not a 6'8 400 lb athlete, I'm not completely talking out my ass (on this topic at least)

yep.  it didn't look like he was braced up during the game.  maybe he rethinks this a bit.  i hope he comes back strong.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

JD:  Go find the best available O lineman.  That injury will probably bother Becton the rest of this season.  Offer Mims as an inducement.   Gotta be some GMs who still believe in him.

Yeah please do, lets trade Mims so he can go to another team who ACTUALLY GETS HIM THE BALL and becomes a pro bowl wide receiver and yet another drafted player we mishandle and let go way too soon. Some of you really don't deserve to have a winning team.   Mims is potentially the best receiver on this team and you are ready to give up.   Maybe you should read this before you trade him - https://www.jetnation.com/2021/09/13/jets-handling-of-denzel-mims-reaches-point-of-absurdity/

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Yeah please do, lets trade Mims so he can go to another team who ACTUALLY GETS HIM THE BALL and becomes a pro bowl wide receiver and yet another drafted player we mishandle and let go way too soon. Some of you really don't deserve to have a winning team.   Mims is potentially the best receiver on this team and you are ready to give up.   Maybe you should read this before you trade him - https://www.jetnation.com/2021/09/13/jets-handling-of-denzel-mims-reaches-point-of-absurdity/

For whatever reason, Mims did not work out here.  Same argument for keeping him because "the team doesn't know how to use him" is exactly the ones folks had about Herndon, Hill, Brady, Becht, Clemens, Geno, Darnold, Sanchez, Milliner, Foley, Bollinger, McElroy, Petty, Falk and a bunch more misses.  Always seems to be the "coaches fault".  Not that the player either sucks or, for whatever reason, is underperforming.

There is no shame in admitting Mims was a miss.  Let's at least get something for the guy whilst we can. 

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

For whatever reason, Mims did not work out here.  Same argument for keeping him because "the team doesn't know how to use him" are exactly the ones folks had about Herndon, Hill, Brady, Becht, Clemens, Geno, Darnold, Sanchez, Milliner, Foley, Bollinger, McElroy, Petty, Falk and a bunch more misses.  Always seems to be the "coaches fault".  Not that the player either sucks or, for whatever reason, is underperforming.

There is no shame in admitting Mims was a miss.  Let's at least get something for the guy whilst we can. 

You speak in past tense as if he is no longer on the team.  Everytime we have targeted him more often than not he has made a play.  How is it that he sucks or is underperforming?  How do you perform from the BENCH???? 

You are just looking for reasons to justify the way the CS is treating him and the fact is there IS NO JUSTIFICATION for team that went 2-14 a year ago to not play and target their uber talented, speedy 6'4 210 physical receiver that was drafted just one year before.  

Read the article from the front of this site.  This has LESS to do with Mims and more on CS that prefers smaller shiftier wide receivers to the point of plain stupidity.   https://www.jetnation.com/2021/09/13/jets-handling-of-denzel-mims-reaches-point-of-absurdity/

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, JetBlue said:

You speak in past tense as if he is no longer on the team.  Read the article from the front of this site.  This has LESS to do with Mims and more on CS.  https://www.jetnation.com/2021/09/13/jets-handling-of-denzel-mims-reaches-point-of-absurdity/

Like us here, that's just an opinion piece.  Don't be surprised if Mims is gone before the next game.

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Like us here, that's just an opinion piece.  Don't be surprised if Mims is gone before the next game.

Nothing would surprise me. Looks like you are invested in that happening.  All I do know is Mims can play, whether it is here or some where else.   It would be the height of complete stupidity to give up on a guy with his ability so early in his career. 

This kind of reminds me of Devonte Parker in Miami  who under Gase, "sucked".  As soon as Gase left some how he "learned how to play" and is now a star receiver for the Dolphins.     The Dolphins had enough sense to be patient with Parker and allowed him to develop.  Folks on this site what Mims gone after one year, so we can draft his replacement next year, while he goes on to stardom somewhere else.  Of course if his replacement struggles early or just needs some development we will get rid of him and draft or sign his replacement while he goes elsewhere and develops.....  ad nauseam.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, JetBlue said:

Nothing would surprise me. Looks like you are invested in that happening.  All I do know is Mims can play, whether it is here or some where else.   It would be the height of complete stupidity to give up on a guy with his ability so early in his career. 

This kind of reminds me of Devonte Parker in Miami  who under Gase, "sucked".  As soon as Gase left some how he "learned how to play" and is now a star receiver for the Dolphins.     The Dolphins had enough sense to be patient with Parker and allowed him to develop.  Folks on this site what Mims gone after one year, so we can draft his replacement next year, while he goes on to stardom somewhere else.  Of course if his replacement struggles early or just needs some development we will get rid of him and draft or sign his replacement while he goes elsewhere and develops.....  ad nauseam.  

I'm not invested in anything.  I just know what I see (56 years worth of experience watching this team).  Mims is like a ton of guys we've had over the years who are lauded before they have done a goddam thing.  Almost all are kept on way too long and eventually discarded.  IMO, that's Mims' path.

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

What does Herndon have to do with Mims?  Should we also consider Bless Austin?  Mims is more talented than both of those guys combined.   

Geez.   Meaning plenty of folks here said Herndon would never be traded and was "just about" to become a breakout star.   He "just needed the right coach and a chance".  Guess what?  He's gone.  

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Get well Mekhi. Is this just a college thing?

Becton.jpg

Many college coaches make it required equipment. In the NFL it is not required equipment. Still many lineman do wear them. Some HCs -- like BB -- strongly suggest their use, but they are not permitted to require them. I think very few Jet O lineman wear them. Not sure why.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Many college coaches make it required equipment. In the NFL it is not required equipment. Still many lineman do wear them. Some HCs -- like BB -- strongly suggest their use, but they are not permitted to require them. I think very few Jet O lineman wear them. Not sure why.

Damn, seems like a pretty guy idea. Might have helped yesterday. Thanks for answering. 

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Herndon was traded after 3 full seasons.

You want to trade Mims after 1 season and 1 game.

Hillary Clinton Nod GIF

All I know is that when Mims played in the pre-season, he made plays.  And when he got in yesterday, he made a play.  I don't understand the handling of the kid. 

Let him play!!!

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The NFL in general is weak at requiring the necessary protective gear. They will change any rule under the guise of "player safety:" but they refuse to require gear that will protect all players. BB is helped by the NFL allowing his teams to hold.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You speak in past tense as if he is no longer on the team.  Everytime we have targeted him more often than not he has made a play.  How is it that he sucks or is underperforming?  How do you perform from the BENCH???? 

You are just looking for reasons to justify the way the CS is treating him and the fact is there IS NO JUSTIFICATION for team that went 2-14 a year ago to not play and target their uber talented, speedy 6'4 210 physical receiver that was drafted just one year before.  

Read the article from the front of this site.  This has LESS to do with Mims and more on CS that prefers smaller shiftier wide receivers to the point of plain stupidity.   https://www.jetnation.com/2021/09/13/jets-handling-of-denzel-mims-reaches-point-of-absurdity/

Our two free agent WR signings, Corey Davis and Keenan Cole, are not small and shifty. Surely those are moves that Saleh and LaFleur fully endorsed. 

Mims is a slacker man. Saleh wants to build a culture and he’s not going to play Mims when other players are working harder. He needs to know the playbook and give max effort every single play, even in practice. 

Hopefully Mims gets the message, or he’ll be on his way out following the season. 

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

All I know is that when Mims played in the pre-season, he made plays.  And when he got in yesterday, he made a play.  I don't understand the handling of the kid. 

Let him play!!!

If they're still refusing to play him by the end of the season, then I'll assume it's because there's something the coaches see, that we can't. But, I agree, when he's actually on the field, he seems able to be productive. Maybe after Moore's tough day, we'll see a bit more Mims over him.

• Upvote 1