Becton Suffered A Dislocated Knee Cap

BroadwayRay

Jets have a horrible medical staff.

Becton is injury prone and can’t be relied upon to play in every game. 

Our OLine sucks and is the first real glaring weak spot of JD’s tenure considering all the talk and resources invested thus far.

Mims is too stupid to move up the depth chart, but makes noticeable plays when he gets PT.

All our draft picks have been overhyped by our own fanbase and the reality is this team needs time to grow and gel; both the players and the CS.

There’s some promise, but we’re a ways from realizing it. We’ll be 0-2 a week from now :-( 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

I wish everyone would stop calling him injury prone.  Anyone who saw him get rolled on from behind can't possibly think there was anything he could have done to protect himself.  I thought for sure he was done for the year so 4-6 weeks is the best possible outcome imo.

He wasn't dominant yesterday. Seemed sloppy like someone out of shape getting gassed. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Our OLine sucks and is the first real glaring weak spot of JD’s tenure considering all the talk and resources invested thus far.

Mims is too stupid to move up the depth chart, but makes noticeable plays when he gets PT.

All our draft picks have been overhyped by our own fanbase and the reality is this team needs time to grow and gel; both the players and the CS.

There’s some promise, but we’re a ways from realizing it. We’ll be 0-2 a week from now :-( 

I know we aren't world beaters out there but after one game i would not jump off the ledge. I'm realistic and the OL does suck that is a truth we have to acknowledge.  We are rebuilding there are no corners to cut to get to where we want to be and it's going to be painful and suck the majority of the time we watch this crap but it has to be done. Think about it i have been a fan almost 40 years i think i can be patient a few more years.

2 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

I wish everyone would stop calling him injury prone.  Anyone who saw him get rolled on from behind can't possibly think there was anything he could have done to protect himself.  I thought for sure he was done for the year so 4-6 weeks is the best possible outcome imo.

He’s not to be relied upon. Is that better? 

I like Becton, but he’s the equivalent of a cøçk-tease @ LT and the Jets need a reliable pass protector to safeguard Wilson’s blindside. All the more so since it seems he’s having trouble adapting to the new blocking scheme. Stick Becton at RT and keep searching for a LT. Not personal, simply business; Jets are in the Keep Wilson Alive & Healthy business. 

14 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

It isn't just bad luck. Guys who keep getting hurt are getting hurt because they're just not built right. Bottom line Becton is too big for his frame and not in peak shape. He will not be a great left tackle in this league if he keeps missing large chunks of the season due to injuries. Mekhi Becton is basically the Andrew Bynum of LT's - a big disappointment.

I would advise you to be find a sub 300 pound guy have them roll into your leg and then report back to us about being built correctly. Comparing Becton to Dbrick is absurd. Becton isn't playing next to Faneca and Mangold after that.. He hasn't missed a "large chunk" of  season. He missed 2 games last year and will miss 3-4 this year assuming he stays healthy after the injury. 

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

He wasn't dominant yesterday. Seemed sloppy. 

Wow, I hope you aren't like that with your children: 

You: "you seemed sloppy..." 

Son: "it's my first game..."

You: "you weren't dominant..."

Son: "i got rolled up on dad...and we were just starting to dominate..."

You: "I'm sorry son. I'm so sorry I placed these unrealistic expectations on you. I understand you're just a big, fat, tub of goo. A lazy, shiftless, not-worth-the-draft-pick slacker."

Son: "Dad, you're not my biological father, you cuck!"

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

I know we aren't world beaters out there but after one game i would not jump off the ledge. I'm realistic and the OL does suck that is a truth we have to acknowledge.  We are rebuilding there are no corners to cut to get to where we want to be and it's going to be painful and suck the majority of the time we watch this crap but it has to be done. Think about it i have been a fan almost 40 years i think i can be patient a few more years.

No one is jumping off the ledge, but certain facets of this team should be yielding more dividends considering what’s been invested by this regime. 

and history has shown recently that the Jets have a high rate of injury, so I have ABSOLUTELY NO FAITH in the medical staff of the NY Jets to correctly diagnose or treat an injured player. 

I’ll call it now, Becton will have a setback and play less than 1/2 the season ( starts & plays >8 games) Not happy about it, but won’t be surprised if it occurs. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Wow, I hope you aren't like that with your children: 

You: "you seemed sloppy..." 

Son: "it's my first game..."

You: "you weren't dominant..."

Son: "i got rolled up on dad...and we were just starting to dominate..."

You: "I'm sorry son. I'm so sorry I placed these unrealistic expectations on you. I understand you're just a big, fat, tub of goo. A lazy, shiftless, not-worth-the-draft-pick slacker."

Son: "Dad, you're not my biological father, you cuck!"

Ok helicopter child. Lol

58 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Enough with the brainless blabbering about draft picks getting injured. Who cares? The endless whining about this is a bunch of hot air. This is something no GM has control over. Nobody can predict who is going to be injured and how frequently unless the person being drafted suffered a lot of injuries in college. None of the players listed fit in that category. 

So really, what's your point? That JD should have a crystal ball stashed away in his desk so he knows who is going to be injured?

“I'd rather have lucky generals than good ones.” Napoleon Bonaparte

As far as his drafting, JD has been a loser.  That has little to do with reasoning and everything to do with being "it" 

Getting rolled up on is unfortunate. But there's absolutely nothing he could have done--eating wise, technique-wise--to prevent it. So, if that happens, I would call it unlucky.

And, with a big guy, I'm kinda expecting some injury moving from college to the pros. The strength and speed of the average NFL line player and overall speed of the game take some getting used to, especially for big bodies.

I'm not saying my view is the right one. But I think it makes a lot of sense to wait a little more before labeling someone injury-prone. Especially when playing a bunch of meaningless games in a sh!tty system as a rookie led to some injuries that, I'm not sure, wouldn't have kept him out of meaningful games...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rex-n-effect said:

Becton looks like he's going to be one of those fifty year old former linemen who can barely walk from beating the sh*t out of their knees and carrying around an enormous amount of weight on them. I hope for his sake he takes his health seriously.

And what about this weight he is carrying around ??? Not good for the knees, I'm sure. 

Screen-Shot-2020-08-31-at-3.08.02-AM.png

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

No one is jumping off the ledge, but certain facets of this team should be yielding more dividends considering what’s been invested by this regime. 

and history has shown recently that the Jets have a high rate of injury, so I have ABSOLUTELY NO FAITH in the medical staff of the NY Jets to correctly diagnose or treat an injured player. 

I’ll call it now, Becton will have a setback and play less than 1/2 the season ( starts & plays >8 games) Not happy about it, but won’t be surprised if it occurs. 

I'm sure we will be investing another pick in the LT/RT Position this upcoming draft. I had no expectations for this team this year and i'm sure i speak for many not all when i say lower the expectations and just enjoy the ride brother !!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Jets have a horrible medical staff because a 360lb man's knee gave out?

26 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

I would advise you to be find a sub 300 pound guy have them roll into your leg and then report back to us about being built correctly. Comparing Becton to Dbrick is absurd. Becton isn't playing next to Faneca and Mangold after that.. He hasn't missed a "large chunk" of  season. He missed 2 games last year and will miss 3-4 this year assuming he stays healthy after the injury. 

He was out 4 games last year

and will miss at least 6 this year.

We need to draft the best LT again with our first pick.  His body is just not set up to be 

• WTF? 1

41 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

He was hurt and sick last year. Missed OTA’s, got hurt in camp and is now hurt again. So far he’s been injury prone.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He was out 4 games last year

and will miss at least 6 this year.

We need to draft the best LT again with our first pick.  His body is just not set up to be 

He started 13 out of 16 games last year played in 14 out of 16. ??4 games?? He's missing 4 this year. Where do you come  with this?? 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

“I'd rather have lucky generals than good ones.” Napoleon Bonaparte

As far as his drafting, JD has been a loser.  That has little to do with reasoning and everything to do with being "it" 

Which is, of course, the "brainless" element of what I was talking about.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

LOL. Can you explain to me how any GM is supposed to predict a player is going to get injured? Of course you can't.

Ooh!  Ooh!  I know!  I know!  Can I answer?

It starts by not thinking you're smarter than every other GM in the NFL by taking guys with a history of injuries!

What do I win?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ooh!  Ooh!  I know!  I know!  Can I answer?

It starts by not thinking you're smarter than every other GM in the NFL by taking guys with a history of injuries!

What do I win?

SAR I

Ah, I see. If you were a GM, you would only draft or sign players who never had an injury. Why didn't I think of that!

I know a little something about this as I have dislocated my knee 3 times in the past....

In the case of Becton the question will be asked, "has this ever happened before?". The reason why that matters is the timeline to get it fixed. I'm sure the medical department will evaluate his stance and where exactly his knee cap normally sits in the groove of his leg. If his knee cap normally rides along the very outside of the groove they will suggest surgery to reattach the tendon to his leg and then rehabilitate it. That would be the worst case scenario as Newton would have to rehab his knee enough that the swelling goes down and he has full range of motion so they can operate on him. Once the surgery is complete his knee will again swell up like it right now and he'd need to rehab it again. In that scenario the time range to return is anywhere from 5 months give or take some time. Meaning this season is a wash.

Now, if the evaluate his stance and find that this is just a freak accident as a result of competitive sports? They could suggest he just needs to rehab and it should be fine. In that scenario, Becton would just rehabilitate his knee by treating the swelling and exercise to gain his range of motion back. He could worry about surgery to reattach the patela tendon after the season had concluded that would give him a timeline to return to play in about 10 or so weeks? 

Either way he goes, I can guarantee you right now that his knee is swelled up like a f*cking small pumpkin. It also must have excruciatingly painful when as I attest to.

2 hours ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

It really was a fluke injury.  If a 300+ lb guy fell on most people’s legs from behind I doubt most people would walk away fine

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

mehiad.jpg

Walking Times Square in salmon shorts and untied shoes is just asking for trouble.

SAR I

he actually looks pretty good.  Better than Orlando Brown.

The Jets and Becton need to get together to make him even healthier.  Did you see his father during the draft?  He can't live like that.

JD swung for the fences on this pick.  It can still work out, but Becton has to get healthier, fitter and stronger.  Wirfs holds Iowa strength records.  I have never seen Becton lift alot of weight in his video workouts.   

I would have taken Wirfs there.   Wirfs was the safer pick and investment.  What JD should have done instead was pick the best OL available in rounds 3-4 of the 2020 Draft.  Not a reach QB who got cut.  Not a RB who was easily replaced in FA.  Not a DE who is going to get cut.  Not a safety who is going to get cut.  If JD picked the best OL available in his first draft, to build his team's future, the Jets would be a better team than they are now.

Instead of Mims, Davis, Zuniga, Morgan and Perine, the Jets could have:

Damien Lewis, Josh Jones, Matt Hennessey, Lloyd Cushenberry, Lucas Niang, Saahdiq Charles, Matt Peart, Tyre Phillips, John Simpson, Solomon Kindley, Ben Bartch, Logen Stenberg, Charlie Heck, Kevin Dotson, Ben Bredeson, Jack Driscoll, Tyler Biadasz, Shane Lemieux, Colton McKivitz, (skipping), Michael Onwenu.

Ok, not all of those guys are great, but most of them went to top colleges and/or were picked by teams who know how to draft.

But instead JD took flyers on players who do not look good. 

I will give him the Cameron Clark pick, but he needed to take more changes on OL in that draft.