Becton Suffered A Dislocated Knee Cap

BroadwayRay

6 hours ago, Mark78 said:

6 weeks?

Depends on if this the first time it has happened, or more.

Usually (though not sure for a 350#+ NFL player) first dislocations are managed with conservatively with a brace for like 4-5 weeks.

If it's surgery time?  Probably more like 8-12 weeks IMO.  Note:  While I am a Physician, I am NOT an Orthopedist lol

• Upvote 4

Also, depends on if the dislocated knee cap (patella) is an isolated event or if there was other ligament/cartilage injury that occurred simultaneously.

I thought it was weird that I heard some say he needed surgery...I'm not sure if the surgery is to strengthen the ligaments holding the knee cap in place (a MPFL surgery) or just a more routine cartilage tear procedure with conservative management of the patella dislocation.

Guess we'll see...

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Also, depends on if the dislocated knee cap (patella) is an isolated event or if there was other ligament/cartilage injury that occurred simultaneously.

I thought it was weird that I heard some say he needed surgery...I'm not sure if the surgery is to strengthen the ligaments holding the knee cap in place (a MPFL surgery) or just a more routine cartilage tear procedure with conservative management of the patella dislocation.

Guess we'll see...

The stories I saw on the arthroscopic surgery all said it was to clean up pieces of damage cartilage.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Ah, I see. If you were a GM, you would only draft or sign players who never had an injury. Why didn't I think of that!

I would not be taking chances on the boom or bust guys, only proven solid rosters can afford to take that chance. Becton was a reach and it looks like it is not going to work at this point.  Can you honestly say anyone would give us a scond for him right now? No. JD is not hitting on anyone in his draft picks; there is a price that all GMs must pay. 

I say this hoping that he proves me wrong and turns it around. Good luck JD.    

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

The stories I saw on the arthroscopic surgery all said it was to clean up pieces of damage cartilage.

Yeah it's supposed to be a scope/clean out.

That is nothing, just an inch cut and take out fluid and any pieces floating around. It actually feels pretty good.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Yeah it's supposed to be a scope/clean out.

That is nothing, just an inch cut and take out fluid and any pieces floating around. It actually feels pretty good.

If there's anyone on this message board whose word on this subject I would trust the most, it would be a guy with his screename

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Does anyone really think he comes back after 6 weeks and plays out the season - 10 full games?

When he gets hurt again, will he then be injury prone or just really unlucky?

No, I don't.  I keep thinking about his massive girth pushing off that repaired knee after only six weeks.  Seems like the probability of re-injury is pretty high.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Guess we'll see...

I ruptured my MPFL when I dislocated my knee cap. It is not pleasant. But I also tore a bunch of other ligaments (MCL, LCL, PCL) and chipped the underside of my kneecap. It's been 20 months and I still can't play soccer. 

Good times.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

No, I don't.  I keep thinking about his massive girth pushing off that repaired knee after only six weeks.  Seems like the probability of re-injury is pretty high.

Becton doesn’t need to be rushed back plus there’s a decent shot we are in full on tank 4 thibodeaux by then 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I watched the entire game buddy, and Becton is sloppy and out of shape. I'm not sure what "things" Becton is going through, but I hope he can pull that mamba mentality out his big ass soon. 

You have no idea that hes out of shape and taking out of your ass.

Theres been videos showing him working out, hard, which excited everyone.  There are plenty of phots that have been posted showing hes in better shape than a year ago.  Then you jump him calling him sloppy and out of shape.  Oh, never mind he couldn't work and was behind because of his foot issues.  

But be a wise ass and given the simplest of excuses, hes out of shape.  OK buddy. 

• Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You have no idea that hes out of shape and taking out of your ass.

Theres been videos showing him working out, hard, which excited everyone.  There are plenty of phots that have been posted showing hes in better shape than a year ago.  Then you jump him calling him sloppy and out of shape.  Oh, never mind he couldn't work and was behind because of his foot issues.  

But be a wise ass and given the simplest of excuses, hes out of shape.  OK buddy. 

I'll agree to disagree with you, OK Buddy. 

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'll agree to disagree with you, OK Buddy. 

Based on nothing other you feel the need to vent like a child making shlt up about a players conditioning and handing out thumbs down when you have nothing to come with that is actually a fact, not a pipe dream. 

Buddy

• Thumb Down 1

On 9/13/2021 at 12:27 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Can't believe the dude shed a tear when his knee shifted out of place, I would have eaten thumb tacks and taped it up, like a real man.

I fractured my talus and fibula, partially tore my Achilles and ruptured my ATF tendon jumping onto a roof from an Aerial platform. Wrapped it up and worked 2 more shifts on it thinking it was sprained.

Hes a giant lady.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Based on nothing other you feel the need to vent like a child making shlt up about a players conditioning and handing out thumbs down when you have nothing to come with that is actually a fact, not a pipe dream. 

Buddy

Actually, you're the one acting like a child because you don't agree with my opinion regarding Mekhi Becton. I merely thumbs downed you for assuming I'm making sh*t up. You just like to argue though when you're in one of your moods. Get a grip of yourself, JetNut. Life is too short. Have a wonderful day, Buddy.

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I fractured my talus and fibula, partially tore my Achilles and ruptured my ATF tendon jumping onto a roof from an Aerial platform. Wrapped it up and worked 2 more shifts on it thinking it was sprained.

Hes a giant lady.

And how many weeks later did you return to participating in professional sports? 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Actually, you're the one acting like a child because you don't agree with my opinion regarding Mekhi Becton. I merely thumbs downed you for assuming I'm making sh*t up. You just like to argue though when you're in one of your moods. Get a grip of yourself, JetNut. Life is too short. Have a wonderful day, Buddy.

Its not an opinion based on even a shred of fact.  So yes, youre making shlt up.  All the video of him shows hes lost weight, despite youre expert analysis watching on your TV for a half.  If anything given he was off his feet for the first half + of camp you should chalk it off to being immobile if true but you had to pile on and blame him.  Again based on nothing.  Because you know hes lazy or doesnt work..  But Im a baby for not piling on, just needing someone to blame.  I'm not arguing, I just hate when people sit behind a computer and call people lazy or pussies.  Look at all the tough guys telling is a dislocated knee cap, damaged cartilage and MCL arent painful.  And not only that, these twits know he was upset over pain, not the fear of being out for an extended time.  

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hes a giant lady.

And I've been through a 100xs worse and somehow am still alive.

I'm not going out to play football with any of my issues.  Professional, NFL football.

• Haha 1