3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yet the jets head coach has no problem flogging mims for not knowing every wr position week 1.

This has nothing to do with what we’re talking about, but you go on with that agenda.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kubiak and Shanny jr are really the only ones that run this system good wherever they coach. He’s going to have to figure things out - it’s silly to expect immediate greatness, but fair to expect stea

Gotta say, I wasn't impressed with much of his playcalling. 4th and short, and you try getting a push up the middle that you haven't gotten all game? The whole run game, for that matter seemed unimagi

This. It's one week.  LaFleur's first game as an O-Co too. Lets see how week 2 goes. My mantra this year:  Evaluate the Year as a Whole.  Not one early game alone.  Only way to do it IM

Just now, Integrity28 said:

This has nothing to do with what we’re talking about, but you go on with that agenda.

I think it does.  If this year is all about developing players and installing an offense over the course of a season, they shouldn’t be benching mims because he can’t play all the wr spots.  The objective should be to grow together.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think it does.  If this year is all about developing players and installing an offense over the course of a season, they shouldn’t be benching mims because he can’t play all the wr spots.  The objective should be to grow together.

Okay.

I mean, people are making up why he’s not getting playing time left and right. It’s possible he just sucks like the rest of that draft class.

He dropped for a reason. 

Anyway, our conversation was about the Shanny system and how long installing a new offense takes, even with the GOAT.

Mims is irrelevant - find someone else to split hairs with.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Okay.

I mean, people are making up why he’s not getting playing time left and right. It’s possible he just sucks like the rest of that draft class.

He dropped for a reason. 

Anyway, our conversation was about the Shanny system and how long installing a new offense takes, even with the GOAT.

Mims is irrelevant - find someone else to split hairs with.

Actually i thought he dropped in the draft because he was considered a raw prospect who needed more time than some of those other wrs last year.  And that’s proven true, yet, he can still contribute.  So i think mims is who his scouting report is.

I have to disagree. It’s hard to call a good game when the offensive line played like sh*t. Even when the Panthers weren’t blitzing, they still managed to get in our backfield. If we cannot get half a yard, then maybe we do not deserve to win. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Then the GM should have made moves to fix that.  

We keep hearing about they are all the same page so I'm guessing they *all* feel they have the right guys on the line, but hey.. we have a bunch of cap space, right?

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

This.

It's one week.  LaFleur's first game as an O-Co too.

Lets see how week 2 goes.

My mantra this year:  Evaluate the Year as a Whole.  Not one early game alone.  Only way to do it IMO with as many rookies (players and coaches) as we have in 2021.

Salehs Mantra after a loss

He showed resolve.

We showed resolve.

They showed resolve.

A colleague that focuses on advanced analytics noted that we do not have a great sample size with LaFleur's playcalling but when he coded each play and ran through his database the most similar playcaller was Brian Schottenheimer.  Take that for what its worth.  

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

A colleague that focuses on advanced analytics noted that we do not have a great sample size with LaFleur's playcalling but when he coded each play and ran through his database the most similar playcaller was Brian Schottenheimer.  Take that for what its worth.  

Your troll game is progressing well. That was good lol 

• Haha 3
22 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I’m praying this guy isn’t just riding a solid last name in the NFL. 

His play calling  was lame 

I don't think it had anything to do with play calling, honestly.  It was time.  there wasn't any.  Just like last year and the year before, the offense was limited due to terrible OL play.  Even Tiki Barber couldn't stop talking about it.  No holes for the run game, no time to get WR's into their routes.  Eventual stacked box and free outside blitzes as TE's and RB's had no clue who to block (or how).  We keep trotting out the same crap OL and expecting different results.  Change head coach, still no offense.  Chance Offensive Coordinator, still no offense.  Change QB, no offense.  Draft Carter and Moore and AVT and Becton and Mims, pick up Davis, add Kroft...guess what?  No OL means no offense.  Its that simple.  Last year's draft was super-deep at OL and we basically paid for one guard with three picks.  That wasn't the best use of our resources.  

22 hours ago, freestater said:

Gotta say, I wasn't impressed with much of his playcalling. 4th and short, and you try getting a push up the middle that you haven't gotten all game? The whole run game, for that matter seemed unimaginative. Something Gase and Gore could've constructed. He did do a little better drawing up some stuff in the passing game, but I can't help shake the shades of Schotty in our next experiment in the long line of Jets nepotism hires.

It seemed like Zach was ahead of him..  Our rookie QB was ready to handle more, but Mike coached like a rookie OC.  He was definitely outmatched....he needs to be much better against the hoodie this Sun. 

1 minute ago, TampaJet said:

It seemed like Zach was ahead of him..  Our rookie QB was ready to handle more, but Mike coached like a rookie OC.  He was definitely outmatched....he needs to be much better against the hoodie this Sun. 

Very much so.  Wilson wasn’t merely ready, he’s already one of the team’s best players and they’re going to have to get the rest of the offense to keep up with this guy.  

• Upvote 1