As usual, there was optimism regarding the new regime including, JD, Saleh and Wilson.

But... My famous last words seem to hold up pretty well as usual.

Same Owner (Johnson) = Same General Results. 

What else has been common through Idzik, Mr. Coffee, Boles, Gase and now Mac & Saleh ???

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 24
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, not a patient man, are ye? Half the league is 0-1.  And we beat our last-year's PPG by 2. Got better as the game went along. You guys suck as fans.

As usual, there was optimism regarding the new regime including, JD, Saleh and Wilson. But... My famous last words seem to hold up pretty well as usual. Same Owner (Johnson) = Same General R

I dont get your take. The Johnsons did everything you all wanted, they hired JD who you all loved and JD hired Saleh?  Are we really blaming Woody Johnson? Bad take. Woody doesnt sign FA's,

Posted Images

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

I dont get your take. The Johnsons did everything you all wanted, they hired JD who you all loved and JD hired Saleh? 

Are we really blaming Woody Johnson? Bad take.

Woody doesnt sign FA's, draft players, or responsible for individual player development. 

The owner hate is an easy cop out. 

hate has nothing to do with it.  this is all about results. 

• Upvote 1

I agree that the reason we are still in this mess after such a long time is because of the various screw ups from Woody & Woody over a long period of time.

But the facts are that they have - seemingly - altered course and are learning from the screw ups. A bit late perhaps, but better late than never, and it won't undo the nearly 10 years of damage overnight. 

• Upvote 2
Just now, jamesr said:

I agree that the reason we are still in this mess after such a long time is because of the various screw ups from Woody & Woody over a long period of time.

But the facts are that they have - seemingly - altered course and are learning from the screw ups. A bit late perhaps, but better late than never, and it won't undo the nearly 10 years of damage overnight. 

i felt the same way you did.  but.  take a look at jd's drafts and his fa players.  not looking good.   did you see that offensive line yesterday.  as a unit it was horrible.  as far as individual play on the offensive line, it looked just as bad.  other teams/gms have proven you can build a line in a single off season.  jds line sucks. no improvement over two off seasons.  you almost had a dead QB yesterday.  Did you see Wilson's head bounce off the turf ??? 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

not patient ?  what team have you been watching and for how long ??? with respect to the current regime.  how many of jd's players are on the field and contributing ??? how many turned out to be excellent players ???

JD stinks at drafting so far but that's hardly Woody's fault. They got the new hot head coach and Douglas came very highly recommended. Woody stinks as an owner but this is more about time and Joe Douglas blowing the drafts. By time I mean they are taking the slower buld through the draft route right now, yet doesn't work when you suck balls at drafting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
8 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Wow, not a patient man, are ye?

• Half the league is 0-1. 
  • And we beat our last-year's PPG by 2.
  • Got better as the game went along.

You guys suck as fans.

Cut Aaron Rodgers, he sucks!! 

Josh Allen is a bust!!

Derrick Henry is washed up!!

:D  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

The possabilities are very strong that JD might be in over his head.  It's way to soon for that kind of thinking.

Teams can suck for awhile before all the talent starts to show up.  Cleveland and SF are good examples of that.  

We have the QB and a few other pieces.  JD is going nowhere for at least another 2 drafts and FA's.   

One thing I like about JD he doesn't appear to be stubborn at least with Mac's players.  Hope he's going to treat his own misses exactly the same.   Cut the sunk costs and move on.  

Saleh may well have to abandon the idea of running the Shanahan system if it's going to get Zach killed.  This could be a difining moment for him and Lefleur.  They get Zach badly hurt they should be tar and feathered and run out of town.  

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

As usual, there was optimism regarding the new regime including, JD, Saleh and Wilson.

But... My famous last words seem to hold up pretty well as usual.Same Owner (Johnson) = Same General Results. 
What else has been common through Idzik, Mr. Coffee, Boles, Gase and now Mac & Saleh ???

what position did woody play yesterday?

6 minutes ago, sackdance said:

You want results? Go on a diet. You want a new owner of the Jets? Buy the team.  

Otherwise, stfu.

you should be censured for this response.  at the very least, you should be put to bed without any supper. 

• Haha 1
I dont get your take. The Johnsons did everything you all wanted, they hired JD who you all loved and JD hired Saleh? 
Are we really blaming Woody Johnson? Bad take.
Woody doesnt sign FA's, draft players, or responsible for individual player development. 
The owner hate is an easy cop out. 
And in the biggest move ever..Woody now has the coach reporting to the gm like a normal franchise...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Of all the overreactions on overreaction Monday you just wrote of the Saleh era because he took over a 2 win team and lost to a better team in his first game?   

That's some next level chicken little sh*t right there.

Both JD and Saleh are involved here.  And the loss was not the issue.  I predicted 5 losses in the first 6 games.  What is disturbing here is the offensive line they collectively fielded to put in front of a rookie qb.  And from a GM that comes advertised as one who gives particular attention to the offensive line.

The results I saw suggest incompetence. 

Did i disturb your fanboy sensibilities ???

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Which bad FAs and bad draft picks do you think is due to Woody Johnson putting his thumb on the scale, calling the shots from his office (whether that office was in Florham Park or in the U.S. embassy in England)?

I'm no great fan of his, to say the least, but every GM since 2001 has had the opportunity to sign or draft anyone he wanted. Universally, they all say that, even months/years after their dismissal when they have no reason to fall on their swords, and lie to protect the guy who fired them. 

• Upvote 3

Saints fans wanted to kill Tom Benson for years. He hired the right people after seemingly being a complete fool for years. Is he suddenly a great owner?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

If you had told us the Jets would lose 19-14 prior to the game, people would still be enshrining Zach into the hall as the GOAT. 

Like I said, once people started seeing the growing pains and the illusions they had convinced themselves of that the Jets were a 'sleeper' were dashed they were going to lose their sh*t

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Which bad FAs and bad draft picks do you think is due to Woody Johnson putting his thumb on the scale, calling the shots from his office (whether that office was in Florham Park or in the U.S. embassy in England)?

I'm no great fan of his, to say the least, but every GM since 2001 has had the opportunity to sign or draft anyone he wanted. Universally, they all say that, even months/years after their dismissal when they have no reason to fall on their swords, and lie to protect the guy who fired them. 

Who hired the GM ?

• Haha 1

If the QB spot is solved it makes the rest of the team building easier. It makes signing players on offense easier. 

JD and Saleh can admit they are punting this season for development; but they better make a trade to sure up the OL so Zach isn’t ruined. He was trying to avoid pressure in clean pockets because he was scared. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Both JD and Saleh are involved here.  And the loss was not the issue.  I predicted 5 losses in the first 6 games.  What is disturbing here is the offensive line they collectively fielded to put in front of a rookie qb.  And from a GM that comes advertised as one who gives particular attention to the offensive line.

The results I saw suggest incompetence. 

Did i disturb your fanboy sensibilities ???

I'm a fanboy?  lol  Go look at the neg reps I received for predicting exactly what we saw yesterday.  No, you didnt disturb me, you just posted some ridiculous over dramatic nonsense so I pointed it out.

It's Week 1, that was the first time that team has played an entire Football game together in a brand new system.  The OL settled down in the 2nd half.  It safe to assume, they'll get better and that's all you can look for with the youngest Football team in the NFL.  

Right now, the jury is out on JD.  His first draft looks bad, lets see how his 2nd one pans out but I'm not ready to say he's a miss just yet and I'm certainly not ready to say Robert Saleh is to blame.  This team is dog sh*t, if you want to put that on him, that's weird.  He just got here and if you knew this team was going to lose, then you should have expected this type of performance and more so realize the big picture is to see week over week improvement. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

If you had told us the Jets would lose 19-14 prior to the game, people would still be enshrining Zach into the hall as the GOAT. 

Like I said, once people started seeing the growing pains and the illusions they had convinced themselves of that the Jets were a 'sleeper' were dashed they were going to lose their sh*t

no way did i think the jets were any sort of a sleeper or dark horse team.  i had hoped that i would at least see progress or signs that sustained success was a future possibility.  the condition and play of the offensive line convinced me that nothing is improving.  

jd had two seasons to build a line and even more motive to do so considering a rookie qb.

What i saw yesterday from that offensive line was horrendous.  Bad as a unit, bad as individual play as well.  And his big ticket draft pick is out again as are many of his other players.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm a fanboy?  lol  Go look at the neg reps I received for predicting exactly what we saw yesterday.  No, you didnt disturb me, you just posted some ridiculous over dramatic nonsense so I pointed it out.

It's Week 1, that was the first time that team has played an entire Football game together in a brand new system.  The OL settled down in the 2nd half.  It safe to assume, they'll get better and that's all you can look for with the youngest Football team in the NFL.  

Right now, the jury is out on JD.  His first draft looks bad, lets see how his 2nd one pans out but I'm not ready to say he's a miss just yet and I'm certainly not ready to say Robert Saleh is to blame.  This team is dog sh*t, if you want to put that on him, that's weird.  He just got here and if you knew this team was going to lose, then you should have expected this type of performance and more so realize the big picture is to see week over week improvement. 

All points well taken.  I did't directly blame Saleh.  His defense was the only thing that performed better than I expected.  And with a boatload of new players to boot.  But.  I repeat.  Same owner and same results.  Or, to be fair at this point, same owner same apparent results.   I stand by it. 

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

JD stinks at drafting so far but that's hardly Woody's fault. They got the new hot head coach and Douglas came very highly recommended. Woody stinks as an owner but this is more about time and Joe Douglas blowing the drafts. By time I mean they are taking the slower buld through the draft route right now, yet doesn't work when you suck balls at drafting. 

Seven of the guys JD drafted this year were starting on Sunday. And according to PFF, four of them played fairly well in their first NFL game. We as Jets fans should be well acquainted with the "suck balls" standard for GM drafting after watching Idzik and Maccagnan for all those years. JD has not yet hit that threshold.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

All points well taken.  I did't directly blame Saleh.  His defense was the only thing that performed better than I expected.  And with a boatload of new players to boot.  But.  I repeat.  Same owner and same results.  Or, to be fair at this point, same owner same apparent results.   I stand by it. 

That I cant argue but can only hope that JD and Saleh break through from the chains!!!!!!

Unfortunately, we're not going to find that out this season.  Sucks.  But that's reality.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Seven of the guys JD drafted this year were starting on Sunday. And according to PFF, four of them played fairly well in their first NFL game. We as Jets fans should be well acquainted with the "suck balls" standard for GM drafting after watching Idzik and Maccagnan for all those years. JD has not yet hit that threshold.

How did you rate the offensive line that JD put in front of Wilson ? 

• Haha 1

OP is 100% correct. Zack sacked 6 times and I'm sorry but Carolina is a sh*t team and franchise. They're bad. Terrible loss. It will be hands across America for the new regime until week 6 because that's when Jets fans usually stop acting like Ranger and Yankee fans. 

• Upvote 1