15 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

It's the first game of the year. If this continues and the results are similar, then you have a point. Although the point is more directed at JD rather than the Johnsons who really have no input here other than hiring the GM's and coaches. So on to the source, JD.  I have been really disappointed, in particular, with JD's  assemblage of the OL.  As far as including Saleh in this conversation, that's pure lunacy. The OL has sucked last year and was equally as bad the previous year. The additions since then have been pedestrian: McGovern, Lewis, van Roten, Khlalil.  They havent or didnt play very well. Fact.  Word is still out on Becton. He has shown some promise but has also raised concerns.  The safer bet would have been Wirfs. JD traded a bunch to get AVT.   He's played 1 game. No camp. Who knows what we got.  JD spent 10M on Fant who ,again, has been average as the rest of his FA's and draft picks.  This is the biggest concern to me. JD was SUPPOSED to be a connoisseur in regard to the OL.  He has been Gase-like.  And his draft picks leave a lot to be desired. It's also way to early to make an educated assessment on JD at this point. It's going to take a few more years. BUT, it's not looking good thus far. 

Agree with many points but... C. Johnson hired JD on the advise of Gase.  JD's lack of performance goes back to Johnson.   And I'm sure that Chris had discussion with Woody regarding both the Gase hire and the Douglas hire.  Remember, the phone is only a second away.   They conferred about it and agreed on it.

As far as Saleh.  Yes, yes and YES.   He's not to blame, BUT he is part of the mess now.

If JD goes, then you have a HC in Saleh without a GM.

Remember Rex without Tanny ??? You got Idzik who was working to sabotage his one HC in order to get rid of him.

JD's drafting and FA moves have been awful.  So much so, I don't see him keeping his job.  The Jets wont ever get above 8-8 at best and heads will eventually have to roll.

BUT... The owner wont change.

So get ready for the next GM/HC combo to come in, inspire optimism... And Fail

Let me add one more thing here.

There were reasons that Belichick  left the Jets running after he wrote is resignation on a used table napkin.  He met Jonson and saw what he was about.

There are reasons that very good FA's don't want to sign with the Jets.

The Jets are a marked team due to what there is at the very top.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, not a patient man, are ye? Half the league is 0-1.  And we beat our last-year's PPG by 2. Got better as the game went along. You guys suck as fans.

As usual, there was optimism regarding the new regime including, JD, Saleh and Wilson. But... My famous last words seem to hold up pretty well as usual. Same Owner (Johnson) = Same General R

I dont get your take. The Johnsons did everything you all wanted, they hired JD who you all loved and JD hired Saleh?  Are we really blaming Woody Johnson? Bad take. Woody doesnt sign FA's,

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Agree with many points but... C. Johnson hired JD on the advise of Gase.  JD's lack of performance goes back to Johnson.   And I'm sure that Chris had discussion with Woody regarding both the Gase hire and the Douglas hire.  Remember, the phone is only a second away.   They conferred about it and agreed on it.

As far as Saleh.  Yes, yes and YES.   He's not to blame, BUT he is part of the mess now.

If JD goes, then you have a HC in Saleh without a GM.

Remember Rex without Tanny ??? You got Idzik who was working to sabotage his one HC in order to get rid of him.

JD's drafting and FA moves have been awful.  So much so, I don't see him keeping his job.  The Jets wont ever get above 8-8 at best and heads will eventually have to roll.

BUT... The owner wont change.

So get ready for the next GM/HC combo to come in, inspire optimism... And Fail

Let me add one more thing here.

There were reasons that Belichick  left the Jets running after he wrote is resignation on a used table napkin.  He met Jonson and saw what he was about.

There are reasons that very good FA's don't want to sign with the Jets.

The Jets are a marked team due to what there is at the very top.

GM's manage. Coaches coach.  JD comes from a long line of succesful managers. As does Saleh.  If JD flops, which looks like he just may, it's next GM up.  GM's like Theo Epstein dont grow on trees. There's an idea. Hire Theo.  JD will get his chance to prove his worthiness, Thus far, IMO, he's a huge disappointment.  Even if we play better and do a 7-9 Gase-like mirage year, I just dont like how he's drafted and the players he's brought in.  Any GM can take a FQB with the 2nd pick in the draft and the team improves. No brainer. Grade D.

21 hours ago, THE BARON said:

As usual, there was optimism regarding the new regime including, JD, Saleh and Wilson.

But... My famous last words seem to hold up pretty well as usual.

Same Owner (Johnson) = Same General Results. 

What else has been common through Idzik, Mr. Coffee, Boles, Gase and now Mac & Saleh ???

Did you make this judgment after one whole game of the new regime or did you make it at halftime?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

The fact that the Johnson brothers didnt even build us our own stadium.  They CHOSE to play second fiddle to the Giants by staying in their building.  Wow

Billions, not my money or yours, but billions. Like the world needs another stadium to play 8 games in. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Did you make this judgment after one whole game of the new regime or did you make it at halftime?

New regime ?  How long has the offensive line guru had to acquire manpower ??? Do you see who is on the line and how they are playing ?

Give your brain a chance. 

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I’d add a third prong to that, though, for the coaching. If this current OL personnel doesn’t “get it” and start to click and it needs to man up on DLmen to protect the QB and open running lanes this year, so be it.

They probably needed all summer to work with the 5 starters so they wouldn’t look like this, but didn’t have it: 

• Becton was hardly 100% all summer.
  • AVT missed weeks.
  • GVR split plenty of snaps because he was in a 3+ headed competition.
  • Fant started out in the covid protocol and then Moses split the starter time at RT, giving each half the snaps they needed. 
  • On top of his own blocking issues, McGovern was playing with different guards next to him along the way, while getting the snapping down with a rookie who was primarily in shotgun sets in college. 

Hey, it’s just one game yet, and we don’t get to see what they are in practices (good and bad). But if it doesn’t get any better in games and Wilson takes beatings like this every week, a lot more fans are going to rightly look back and say in terms of blocking scheme they should have known better to go in another direction from the start. 

Points well taken and I am patient at this point. I'm not one to throw in the towel on Becton, or AVT just yet. I also think Moses, and Fant should be ok, but we need a center and guard to replace McGovern, and VanRoten.... There isn't much of an excuse for keeping them this year when they proved they didn't much cut it last year. If the best  you could do in FA last year was Feeney, then something is wrong. Get those 2 other positions in FA, or the draft next year and hopefully it will be ok.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Let me focus on a point that I think is compelling.  I didn't blame Woody for the Rex hire.  I thought it was a great hire and I still love Rex.  He's in the top three of all time Jet coaches, IMHO.  What the problem was is this.

Woody didn't realize that Rex although being a good game coach and wonderful player's coach and fan's coach and media coach, was also an emotional reactionary.  Instead of keeping Rex on the field and away from the front office, Woody gave Rex a free hand to despoil the roster.  Tanny was a push over and Rex was allowed to wreck his own tenure.

A smart owner would have recognized what Rex was and what he wasn't and managed accordingly.

Opposite strengths and weakness with Mangini.   Good administrator, good draft guy, good roster guy, good organizer.  Poor in game coach due to lack of capitol experience.  Again... If Woody was a smart top admin, he would have made sure his GM backed Mangini up with very strong OC and DC.

There were avenues open to sustained success with both Magini and Rex but Woody didnt have the tools as the prime admin to manage them.

I DONT hate Woody.  I dont know him.

He is an inexperienced person with a lot of money that bought a toy. 

good post. i agree with the Rex stuff. Woody loved Rex. gave him a lot of power.

but i get it. Rex and Tanny gave Woody the best success he has ever had here. why not let them do there thing.

from what i get from your post you want Woody to butt in on football decisions.

you wanted him to tell Tanny not to listen to Rex on players.

you wanted him to tell Tanny that he didn't like the OC and DC that Mangini had and to change them.

you do not want Woody butting in. i never heard of an owner forcing his team to pick a player and it working out.

look at Jerry Jones. he hired Jimmy Johnson and they won SBs but he almost sabotaged it. they fought like cats and dogs. it was only that Jimmy was a very successful college coach that he stood up to Jerry. he couldn't wait to leave.

remember Jerry wanted to draft Manziel? i read somewhere that somebody went to Jerrys daughter and she talked him out of it. they drafted i think Zack Martin instead. Jerry was said to say he didn't want to draft a boring OL.

Robert Kraft used to butt in on Parcells. that's why we got him. after Brady started winning SB did he let BB do what he wanted. 

remember Leon Hess firing Pete Carroll for Rich Kotite? he had to have Rich.

do you really think Mac hired Gase? that was all Chris Johnson. cause Peyton told him he was good.

Owners never make the right call. we just want Woody to sign the checks.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Faith?  Why should one ever have any faith in the NY Jets any year never mind this one?  Shake your old man fist elsewhere.

Then root for another team... I can't help you then. Football is not the most important thing in life...

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

New regime ?  How long has the offensive line guru had to acquire manpower ??? Do you see who is on the line and how they are playing ?

Give your brain a chance. 

New coach.  New offensive coordinator.  New QB.  All new receivers.  But at least you gave them a game.

• Haha 2
19 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

New coach.  New offensive coordinator.  New QB.  All new receivers.  But at least you gave them a game.

GM with three year to acquire manpower for the most important unit on any team.  The offensive line.  His results.  Horrendous. 

• Thumb Down 1

JD is going nowhere for AT LEAST 3 years, probably more, so stop bitching about it and start getting your scouting resume's together so you can prove to him you have a reason to be yapping like this.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Out of ALL of the times when the Johnson's were the problem with this organization, this season is not one of them. They paid JD handsomely. They allowed the GM to select a head coach who was almost universally praised. They have the HC report directly to the GM. They allowed JD to work his plan, which includes NOT throwing boat loads of money at the top free agents for the sake of making the team better for THIS year, and maybe the next. If you want to cast aspersions on JD, that is fine, because the team that is on the field is his responsibility. I can't think of a bad thing to say about Woody and Chris, especially because they have been quiet like a church mouse, and have allowed their football people to run the football business. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

The fact that the Johnson brothers didnt even build us our own stadium.  They CHOSE to play second fiddle to the Giants by staying in their building.  Wow

The new stadium was no longer the Giant's building. It's not a bad business move to partner with a local team to build a stadium. Out of all the things to bang the Johnson's on, Metlife Stadium is not one of them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, THE BARON said:

As usual, there was optimism regarding the new regime including, JD, Saleh and Wilson.

What else has been common through Idzik, Mr. Coffee, Boles, Gase and now Mac & Saleh ???

What  exactly did the owners do to contribute to our loss on Sunday? I mean, believe me, I'm not optimistic, but it's more due to the horrors of injury, bad luck, bad defense and lack of creative playcalling than anything. We knew this was a rebuilding year,  so,  losing by 5 points in the opener to a better team doesn't exactly cause outrage in me.

• Upvote 4
13 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The new stadium was no longer the Giant's building. It's not a bad business move to partner with a local team to build a stadium. Out of all the things to bang the Johnson's on, Metlife Stadium is not one of them. 

0B01BEE3-A506-4D9A-9D01-BC9B6409C3C0.jpeg

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

Points well taken and I am patient at this point. I'm not one to throw in the towel on Becton, or AVT just yet. I also think Moses, and Fant should be ok, but we need a center and guard to replace McGovern, and VanRoten.... There isn't much of an excuse for keeping them this year when they proved they didn't much cut it last year. If the best  you could do in FA last year was Feeney, then something is wrong. Get those 2 other positions in FA, or the draft next year and hopefully it will be ok.

The reason re: McGovern is he was fully guaranteed $9MM. I'd have preferred he made a serious effort to upgrade center (agree, Feeney was not such an upgrade), and then McGovern slides over to guard for the year.

To install a system that allegedly has such a steep learning curve, that can take upwards of a season or two to become second nature, this may not be the year to do it. It may just be too much learning in too short a span of time, while too many guys are shifting positions (or only getting partial play time due to injury or splitting snaps due to a competition). They may look a lot better mostly manning up on an individual lineman for the rest of this year, even with Becton out for a while.

Or maybe not, and they really start clicking in just a couple more weeks. I'm not their OLC and don't see them in practices regularly, so who am I to say which it is?

• Upvote 2
38 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

All these new stadiums are, besides ours of course

The only defense our mediocre stadium is building costs. From what I read, the costs are 30-40% more in the New York area.

When the team is awful, we complain about the stadium and uniforms. Both are meh, but nobody cares when the team is consistently winning football games. Look at the Seahawks uniforms. If they were an awful team, those hideous uniforms would be a topic of discussion. Instead, the Seahawks fans talk about their awful trade for Jamal "Not a box safety" Adams. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, neckdemon said:

well i hate to break it to you.....but it's kinda 0-52 years

wow, you're old. But let's explain:

It's 0-1 for Saleh and this team. Your own personal drought is something you should see someone about.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, peebag said:

STFU

50+ years of ineptitude and I'm amazed anyone still follows this stink fest.

How many years of ineptitude has Saleh had? 

Wow, this ONE GAME took you over the top?! 

LimpDicks need go home. You need Big Boy Pants to root for the NY Jets. If you can't take the team's history, why the F8ck are you here anyway? There are plenty of winning teams you could be rooting for, posting about. But no, you're here, whining about 52 years like they lost every game of that time. 

Why are Jets fans so negative? Nobody's holding a gun to your head...

So, yeah, STFU indeed. Grow a pair of balls and stop acting like you're entitled to a SB because you root for a team. You aren't. And if you can't enjoy this ride, 0-1 though it may be now, you're really not equipped to be a fan.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The reason re: McGovern is he was fully guaranteed $9MM. I'd have preferred he made a serious effort to upgrade center (agree, Feeney was not such an upgrade), and then McGovern slides over to guard for the year.

I get that, but if you look at my past posts last year, I kept touting that McGovern be moved to guard and draft a center this year along with a guard. So I agree with you.

8 hours ago, phill1c said:

How many years of ineptitude has Saleh had? 

Wow, this ONE GAME took you over the top?! 

LimpDicks need go home. You need Big Boy Pants to root for the NY Jets. If you can't take the team's history, why the F8ck are you here anyway? There are plenty of winning teams you could be rooting for, posting about. But no, you're here, whining about 52 years like they lost every game of that time. 

Why are Jets fans so negative? Nobody's holding a gun to your head...

So, yeah, STFU indeed. Grow a pair of balls and stop acting like you're entitled to a SB because you root for a team. You aren't. And if you can't enjoy this ride, 0-1 though it may be now, you're really not equipped to be a fan.

I guess somebody had to take over for DWC as the forum buffoon......

On 9/13/2021 at 2:22 PM, THE BARON said:

I agree, but I really like Saleh and I will remain optimistic about him regardless how the season turns out. When was the last time we had a coach who could make halftime adjustments?  Rex only had one game plan. He was either going to fligh high or crash and burn. 

• Upvote 3

I dont believe that Woody is like Jerry Jones who is directly responsible for the Cowboys failures.

QB is the key to it all. Arians was not close to a super bowl until Brady picked his team to play for. The Chiefs were chokers until Mahomes showed up. Lets see what Zach Wilson has before throwing in the towel.

• Upvote 1