Patsy week - The pig is ripe for slaughter

On 9/13/2021 at 1:41 PM, Guilhermezmc said:

How many stunts will BB throw at Mcgovern, GVR and AVT

Many and 0bs to boot.  unless OL plays better and I mean much better then 2.6 YPC, 6 sacks and 4 other hits,  then Mr. W maybe headed for the tent or worse. 

They were outplaying Miami for most of the game. They threw it away which is uncharacteristic of them.

The Jets meanwhile didn’t look like a professional team for most of the game.

There would have to be a serious turnaround for us to win. Being the home opener should help but I fear the worst. If either team is slaughtered it’s the Jets.

Could see this getting ugly as well as the atmosphere around the team. Zach papered over a lot of the crack in week one and prevented a total meltdown from the fanbase.

Just finished watching the Pats-Fins game. 

I honestly can’t see how we stop the NE run game. Their OLine will steam roll over our DLine and LBs. Jets will have to commit 8 in the box and then Mac Jones will decisively pick apart the exposed secondary. Our defense worries me against this ground game and robot QB.

Our offense waking up from last week’s showing in front of an early rabid fan base is the only hope to keep this game entertaining and palatable for Jets fans. Hopefully Wilson acclimates to the speed at the pro level from last week’s crash course and can continue to improve in sensing the rush and finding the open WR. I’m skeptical our Oline can hold no more than 3 seconds at best. 

Keep in mind this isn’t the same Pats team we have seen over the past 20+ years. They have lost 10 of their last 17 games and two of those wins have come against the Jets. Tom Brady, Julian Edelman, and Gronk aren’t walking through that tunnel.