Astyn Davis

More Cowbell

19 hours ago, doitny said:

Davis will have a chance to show us something so he might make it next year.

if Mims was WR4 last week, he will be WR6 with Crowder and Cole back. he will never play except for injuries.

i wonder what the real reason Mims has sat last week and not the BS excuse Saleh gave us.

Look no further then what is happening in SF with Brandon Aiyuk, another top pick, who is getting buried by Shanahan for whatever reason.  LaFleur wants Mims to know all 3 positions in an offense that is very hard to learn, and he hasnt done that yet.

Personally, Id rather let him play, just knowing his outside role to see if he can just make plays, but thats me.  Hopefully Mims continues to keep grinding and as the season progresses can get better and better, because I could easily see him moving on this year if he is buried at 4th/5th on the depth chart and excelling somewhere else where a coach allows him to just do what he does best

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, doitny said:

but that is human nature, we all want to be right. and then brag about it. even me.

but thats why i wont jump ship on JD. its too early.

yeah were taking on a little water, but its still early. plenty of time to clog the leaks. but as i look out on the horizon there are a good amount of people on this board already on the life boats. 

problem is like you said, now they have to root against anything JD did. cause that will get them what they want. JD fired. its pretty sad when you secretly root against your team or its players. 

Players often say they approach the game of football one play at a time or one game at a time.  Fans, by contrast extrapolate the destiny of players and teams based on one play or one game.  It is this inversion of experiences that makes for the wild contrast between how players and coaches view a team's performance versus how fans tend to view a team's performance.  

In a sports journalism course I took, where the instructor is a long-time member of the Jets beat, we were taught to view the role of an NFL reporter as something of an intermediary between the perspective of the fan and the perspective of the player.  Bring the fan to understand how the team and players comprehend their experience of a play or a game, and bring the team to understand how outside perspectives extrapolate a more long-term view based on the game they watched.  

Even though I am not yet a professional journalist, and may never be, I have found that embracing this intermediary perspective has been deeply rewarding to my viewership and consumption of professional sports.  

4 hours ago, BCJet said:

Look no further then what is happening in SF with Brandon Aiyuk, another top pick, who is getting buried by Shanahan for whatever reason.  LaFleur wants Mims to know all 3 positions in an offense that is very hard to learn, and he hasnt done that yet.

Personally, Id rather let him play, just knowing his outside role to see if he can just make plays, but thats me.  Hopefully Mims continues to keep grinding and as the season progresses can get better and better, because I could easily see him moving on this year if he is buried at 4th/5th on the depth chart and excelling somewhere else where a coach allows him to just do what he does best

Mims will get more chances. It's inevitable. It's 100% on him to capitalize. Everybody wins if he does.

• Upvote 1