Corey Davis is a F%&$ing beast!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone watching the game yesterday with any amount of objectivity had to be excited with the potential of Corey Davis in this offense. Just putting it out there.... He looks way better than any WR we'

I don't blame him. I watched it 8 times.

Well this aged well.

Posted Images

I think it's funny how no one seems to care that last year Davis was considered a huge bust as a top 10 pick and couldn't get a 2nd contract from the team that drafted him.  But all Jet draftees must hit the ground at 100% and become hall-of-fame worthy after 1-2 training camps or are complete busts who should just be outright cut.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I thought we didn’t like “veteran fa signings”

Trumaine Johnson will do that to a fan base. But I feel I speak for most of us when I say,” I want to believe!” Kev

20 minutes ago, Origen said:

I think it's funny how no one seems to care that last year Davis was considered a huge bust as a top 10 pick and couldn't get a 2nd contract from the team that drafted him.  But all Jet draftees must hit the ground at 100% and become hall-of-fame worthy after 1-2 training camps or are complete busts who should just be outright cut.

Maybe he was a huge bust top 10 pick... But he got a girl has a kid and has grown up since then (1JD material). The season will tell and I'm not trying to call it either way but there's no reason a major change in your life + geographical change can't change the person. 

2 hours ago, yocousinvinny said:

Maybe he was a huge bust top 10 pick... But he got a girl has a kid and has grown up since then (1JD material). The season will tell and I'm not trying to call it either way but there's no reason a major change in your life + geographical change can't change the person.

I'm trying to highlight just that.  That players develop over time and some take longer than others.  This site is like riding in the Vomit Comet when it comes to player hot takes...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Origen said:

He was a top 5 pick. But I hear ya. 

• Upvote 1
On 9/13/2021 at 9:20 PM, funaz said:

The fact he came across the field on the broken play and got open in the end zone was amazing.

For too long we’ve had WRs just sit there and do nothing after a an rolls out.

I’m pumped about him and zach

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It was a great job because had the pocket not broken down it was a TD anyway, he was wide open on the post, but then saw Zach forced out right and cut flat across knowing there were no other options over there. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

For a big "physical" receiver he's awful at making contested catches. He's had some opportunities to really help Zach out and has really let him down.

It seems as if he's afraid to catch the ball in traffic and definitely not your guy to battle for the ball or go over the middle. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Corey Davis is not a #1 WR 

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

For a big "physical" receiver he's awful at making contested catches. He's had some opportunities to really help Zach out and has really let him down.

both true... what I said when we signed him. I watched him do this in TN..

now his MO is that he will have a really good game in a week or 2 and then be back to this... too inconsistent and showing why TN didn't re-sign him

• Upvote 2
33 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If you watched the Titans last year, Davis excelled because he didn't have to make contested catches. Teams sold out to stop Henry and doubled AJ Brown. Tannehill would play action and find Davis (running a good route) open for a relatively easy catch. 

Now Davis is being treated as a #1 by teams (by default) and he simply isn't good enough to win against #1 CBs/double teams. That's not really what he was paid to be. He wasn't paid WR 1 money. 

The problem is that JD has drafted WRs early the last 2 years and instead of finding Claypool and Justin Jefferson, he found two guys that aren't standing out. 

Not to mention, defenses don't have to worry about our TEs and don't really have to worry about our RBs out of the backfield. Davis will not excel in this environment. 

• Upvote 2