Why Jets barely played Denzel Mims in Week 1 surprise

joewilly12

14 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

So, the fans are upset that the coach held him accountable to being ready to do his entire job?

Feels like irony, based on the themes fans usually complain about. 

They are apparently holding Mims to a higher standard than the OL.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

So what does the coaching staff do with Moore who had 3 drops and -3 yards?  Give him a gold star?

It was odd to see saleh praising moore after that game while saying that mims should not have even played.  Of course they’re basing it all on practice and i get that, but ‘at the end of the day’ it’s about what happens on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It was odd to see saleh praising moore after that game while saying that mims should not have even played.  Of course they’re basing it all on practice and i get that, but ‘at the end of the day’ it’s about what happens on Sunday.

I never liked mims and never thought he was the real deal, however I did buy into the hype on moore and figured Joe got that one right-it is only one game but last week did not give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside-god forbid moore sucks too-then Joe should find another occupation 

i don't see what the problem is.  let saleh lafleur and mims figure this out.  if saleh makes players decisions based on the fans he won't last long.  sure mims has the physical ability but maybe he doesn't just know all three positions.  maybe he doesn't know his own position very well and that's to back up davis.  they're trying to build a machine.  in a machine all of the cogs need to mesh at the right time.