New England 5.5 favs over us Sunday=justified?

faba

4 minutes ago, faba said:

Well they have  a rookie QB just like us

Take the points smack the Pats

Of course the line is justified.  We couldn't run the ball against the Panthers, and we couldn't apply pressure to Darnold.  We also couldn't protect Zach. (6 sacks)

If the Jets can get their act together, then we have a chance to win the game.  

But point spreads don't get established based upon hope, they get established based upon what is seen in front of them.

I hope and believe that the Jets will get their act together at home.  I would not bet the game, but if I did, I would take the points as well and the Jets.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

They also have a line that’s allowed to hold most of the time. Along with a solid D with a scumbag that destroys rookie QBs. Refs aren’t letting Jets win this one and send Pats to 0-2, just not happening. 

Brady is no longer there.  Goodell is still Kraft’s errand boy but the urgency to let the pats OL and secondary do whatever they want may not be there

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

It should absolutely be +5.5. I wouldn't be shocked to see it move to +7.  Wilson was a hair away from being gooified on Sunday, and now he gets stunts galore with BB coming to town throwing the kitchen sink at him and a leaking OL. Why would anyone put money down on the jets right now? Love Zach and all, but I'm legit worried for his well-being.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Zack: Go back and watch the Darnold "seeing ghosts" game.  You are going to see every blitz package Belicheat can think up.  Please prepare and don't overreact.  His only motivation in this game is to embarrass you and Woody.

Was thinking screens and draws stopping blitzes may help, but the biggest aspect of the game that backs off blitzes is what you saw Wilson do for rolling out with accurate passes down the field for decent size chunk plays especially that result in TDs like the 1st one he got with Davis. You do that a few times a game and the Dline cannot just pin their ears back along with other defenders since they need the overall D to cover further back to prevent those plays.

• Sympathy 1

This game will be similar to the Panthers game, only instead of trying to stop CMC we are going to need to zero in on the tight ends.

Defensively the Panthers are probably a better overall unit than the Patriots.

This game is more evenly matched than we think. If Saleh and Wilson are going to change the tides of this franchise, a win against NE in our home opener would be a fantastic start.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This game will be similar to the Panthers game, only instead of trying to stop CMC we are going to need to zero in on the tight ends.

Defensively the Panthers are probably a better overall unit than the Patriots.

This game is more evenly matched than we think. If Saleh and Wilson are going to change the tides of this franchise, a win against NE in our home opener would be a fantastic start.

Panthers are better than the patriots at pretty much every position including qb 

We are at home.  No one will be expecting us to win.  Maybe Mims actually gets to play.  Davis will get doubled and/or held so Zach has to spread the ball.  Belicheat wants a low scoring game. He no longer has Brady to keep the offense on the field forever however 

57 minutes ago, faba said:

Well they have  a rookie QB just like us

Take the points smack the Pats

sorry but the line is every but justified based on how deficient our OL is, in fact, I'm seeing move now more in favor of the Pats.  Don't be surprised if the line inches up to +6.5 or more.  I wouldn't bet either side of this game.  Your nuts if you do.   Not a good game to place any wagers unless you want to do an over on how many times Zach gets sacked.  I might just take that prop.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This line will go up over the week.

Jets lose this game by two TD's...

Is Mac Jones that good? Im sure he will eat us up 20 to 20 but in the red zone, I wonder. Bend but don’t break. Only way we win this game is if we get a lead and force Mac to beat us. 

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Is Mac Jones that good? Im sure he will eat us up 20 to 20 but in the red zone, I wonder. Bend but don’t break. Only way we win this game is if we get a lead and force Mac to beat us. 

No, he's not.

I just don't see the Jets scoring many points.  I honestly think they might get shut out.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Drums said:

If his running back doesn’t fumble they win against a vey good Dolphins D. It’s one game but he looked perfect for that team and system. 

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This line will go up over the week.

Jets lose this game by two TD's...

That may be, but these pats are not built to win shootouts. They want to win 17-13, 20-10. You just don't bet this game unless you've got money to blow. Way too much volatility.