New England 5.5 favs over us Sunday=justified?

faba

25 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

The line, no matter what it is, is ALWAYS justified, because it is adjusted specifically to balance the bets. That's all a line is. Why can't people remember this?

Because people that gamble can be wrong too.

Just because it's based on money being bet doesn't mean that it's not emotionally driven.  

The perception of the Pats as an organization vs. the perception of the Jets as an organization can sway bettors   Even if that perception is false. (not saying it is)

47 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The Jets had the worst OL in the NFL last year.  Possibly the worst I've ever seen.

Disagree.  I thought they started off shaky, but by the end of the year, they were operating as a middle of the pack unit.  The offensive lines of 2018 and 2019 were far worse.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Disagree.  I thought they started off shaky, but by the end of the year, they were operating as a middle of the pack unit.  The offensive lines of 2018 and 2019 were far worse.

Come on man.  Sure, they did get better.  But they were still awful.  

Very far from middle of the pack.  Probably bottom 5.  The OL was terrible last week.  And unless they're able to find new players they'll be awful this year.

On paper..  The Pats have an elite RB, an elite OL, middling wrs and TEs..  a young, unproven DL, an old LB and safety core and elite and deep CBS that are lacking a true CB1 while Gilmore is away.  And a rookie QB.

What I saw against the Dolphins was a lot of errors by the OL and Rbs, good production from their Wrs, bad CB play, bad LB play and an uneven start by their DL.

Personally I’m less worried about them than I was a week ago, despite Mac Jones playing very well.  Not having Gilmore really hurts them, and the penalties are uncharacteristic of NE.  However, they are more talented than we are, but they are beginning to have the rebuild team look (lots of young players and old players, and nothing in between).

I think we can beat them, but there is a chance of a bad blowout as well.  We need turnovers from special teams and things like that 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Well according to Connor on this morning’s live stream, this is the same exact o-line play he’s been seeing all offseason. Not good and doesn’t sound very encouraging. 

at this point it’s up to the OC to get these players in better position to compensate for the OL problems. 

oh and according to boomer after watching the tape he said on some of those sacks and hits were on Zach. So I guess that’s encouraging if the kid is truly the quick learner the Jets have been raving about 

Boomer would have said that regardless.  It's a standard talking point.

Now, while maybe he could have gotten the ball out quicker a couple of times - but we've all watched enough football to see when the QB's holding the ball too long and the sacks on him.  That was not the case here, at least not from what I can tell.  Guys were on top of him almost immediately. 

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Because people that gamble can be wrong too.

Just because it's based on money being bet doesn't mean that it's not emotionally driven.  

The perception of the Pats as an organization vs. the perception of the Jets as an organization can sway bettors   Even if that perception is false. (not saying it is)

I don't know why I am supposed to care about strangers' emotions about football.

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

They also have a line that’s allowed to hold most of the time. Along with a solid D with a scumbag that destroys rookie QBs. Refs aren’t letting Jets win this one and send Pats to 0-2, just not happening. 

It's a GREAT strategy.   They can't call holding on every play and eventually they stop all together.

Wish we tried it, keep Zach healthy. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not even his quote, and Rex Ryan was more conservative and cowardly at end of games than nearly any HC in Jets’ history.  F**k him.

1 game away from the Super Bowl 2 years in a row.

Who gives a rats axx how he got there. The Jets were there and they rolled into NE during the post season and took out the GOAT QB and HC. How many other guys have done that? You want Mangini because he shot from the hip or some other idiot who wins with style? 

On 9/14/2021 at 9:23 AM, munchmemory said:

Zack: Go back and watch the Darnold "seeing ghosts" game.  You are going to see every blitz package Belicheat can think up.  Please prepare and don't overreact.  His only motivation in this game is to embarrass you and Woody.

^ ^ seen this movie before and remembers  it. Perfectly 

• Upvote 3

On 9/14/2021 at 9:13 AM, The Crusher said:

They also have a line that’s allowed to hold most of the time. Along with a solid D with a scumbag that destroys rookie QBs. Refs aren’t letting Jets win this one and send Pats to 0-2, just not happening. 

It was funny how Gilmore got there and went from really good CB to All-World CB. 

Will never forget Robby Anderson getting absolutely mauled by him in the end zone and getting away with it the last game of the 2018 season. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

1 game away from the Super Bowl 2 years in a row.

Who gives a rats axx how he got there. The Jets were there and they rolled into NE during the post season and took out the GOAT QB and HC. How many other guys have done that? You want Mangini because he shot from the hip or some other idiot who wins with style? 

And then what happened?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And then what happened?

The Jets faced 2 HOF QBs.

Pitt was a let down game. The Jets defense was burnt out from beating NE. Manning put on a passing clinic. Afterward, Rex said that he tried everything to stop Manning, but nothing worked.

The fact that Rex made it that far twice with Sanchez is amazing.