2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Best remaining defensive players available

1) Geno Atkins, DT, Cincinnati Bengals
2) Richard Sherman, CB, San Francisco 49ers
3) Damon Harrison, DT, Green Bay Packers
4) Olivier Vernon, EDGE, Cleveland Browns
5) Kawann Short, DT, Carolina Panthers
6) Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Arizona Cardinals

Wish there were some LBs on that list.  I think that's the Jets biggest need right now in addition to S.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if the list i saw was up to date but I believe Schwartz was still out there.  as well as Okung, and Wagner, maybe not the best options but better than whatever we have behind moses and fant currently im sure. 

in terms of safeties,  Vaccarro could be a decent pick up here, tre boston is out there too but im not sure he fits what they're looking for also ha ha clinton dix who was cut recently. 

I also saw trey burton was out there who I wanted the jets to sign when he was an FA last time around so id throw some cash at him.. At least he offers more receiving threat than griffin and brown

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree JD counting on LB Blake Cashman was very irresponsible and stupid. 

They weren't counting on Blake Cashman.  They signed Jarrad Davis and drafted two rookies that they are converting.  They also picked up Quinnen's brother who is a legit LB, but is probably still learning the D because they picked him up on cutdown day.  You know, the way any of these vets they might sign will have to learn the scheme.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They’d all start here.

Wheres the OL list.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Blake Cashman hardly plays.  Hes mostly STs.  JD isnt counting on to play LB and nothing about him playing specials is irresponsible or stupid.

Injury prone is entire career including college he's one of those players if not on the NY Jets roster not in the NFL. 

Waste of a pick and a roster spot. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

On standby at the Jets facility...

lot-of-3-medline-medical-wheelchairs-iy9s94ij-2020569-md.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

1) Russell Okung, Carolina Panthers
2) Kelechi Osemele, Kansas City Chiefs
3) Mitchell Schwartz, Kansas City Chiefs
4) Austin Reiter, Kansas City Chiefs

Okung wants real money and we have certainly burned all bridges with Osemele.  Schwartz had back surgery in late February and I have not heard a peep about him since.  Seems kind of odd.  People post how they are jealous of the Chiefs for retooling their line in one off season and now we want to sign the old squids they cut?  

41 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

I'd love Reiter as Center

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

I think this whole thing started because the Saints were having Reiter in for a look.  I think he met with a bunch of teams and nobody bit.  I remember the Giants had him in.

1 minute ago, thshadow said:

Is there any Jets fan that *wouldn't* use some of our cap space on some OL help?

I probably wouldn't.  Okung is getting up there and hasn't been the healthiest dude.  He is not a long-term solution.  I don't know how well he fits and he kind of duplicates Moses for the expense.  Maybe with Becton going down I might consider it, but going into the season?  Not me. 

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I probably wouldn't.  Okung is getting up there and hasn't been the healthiest dude.  He is not a long-term solution.  I don't know how well he fits and he kind of duplicates Moses for the expense.  Maybe with Becton going down I might consider it, but going into the season?  Not me. 

But he's someone I've heard of!!!

16 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

exactly, we can't have any semi-competent players taking snaps. that's not how we roll.

I get the frustration, but everybody likes to point to Mangini like he some kind of svengali that dragged Tannebaum kicking and screaming to build the offensive line.  Look at 2006.  The Jets let Mawae walk and went with 2 rookies.  Moore had started the debacle what was 2005 but was a converted DT from the world league and Anthony Clement was at RT.  For all the competent players you guys want, McGovern was looked upon favorably with Denver and I remember when Morgan Moses was a "must sign" around this place.  It's really not all that different.  We just need the young guys to pan out.  Blowing our wad on one year of Okung and Morgan Moses seems silly to me.