Best place to get home tickets

mebunn

I always go to away game and purchase tickets on Ticketmaster or StubHub. I am in town this weekend with my son and would like to see if we can get cheap tickets (maybe in 100s in the end zone). Where and when is the bets place to get them? I have been on Ticketmaster and prices don't seem to be moving around much. Do the NY Jets still have single game tickets available. Thank in advance for any advice. 

1 hour ago, mebunn said:

I always go to away game and purchase tickets on Ticketmaster or StubHub. I am in town this weekend with my son and would like to see if we can get cheap tickets (maybe in 100s in the end zone). Where and when is the bets place to get them? I have been on Ticketmaster and prices don't seem to be moving around much. Do the NY Jets still have single game tickets available. Thank in advance for any advice. 

your best bet if u can stomach it is wait until the last minute on stub hub-I would do that-worst case if you cant find anything go to the fanduel sports book and have a beer and watch the game there-full disclosure there are some degenerates there so not the best clientele 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mebunn said:

Not sure about your budget but the 108 tickets that someone had for 200 would be nice. Since it is row 9 you are very close to the field as there is not alot of room between the sidelines and seats. They are right on the goal line so action at that end is right in front of you.

108  is in the sun and it will be 85 Sunday. No issue for me as i love the heat but if that bothers you that would be a consideration. The away team warms up right in front of this section so it is also an opportunity to see players that you normally don't see. If you end up taking them let me know and I will buy you a drink for visiting. I have two tickets in row 5 of that section.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Not sure about your budget but the 108 tickets that someone had for 200 would be nice. Since it is row 9 you are very close to the field as there is not alot of room between the sidelines and seats. They are right on the goal line so action at that end is right in front of you.

108  is in the sun and it will be 85 Sunday. No issue for me as i love the heat but if that bothers you that would be a consideration. The away team warms up right in front of this section so it is also an opportunity to see players that you normally don't see. If you end up taking them let me know and I will buy you a drink for visiting. I have two tickets in row 5 of that section.

that is a good point as it can get toasty in the sun-one of my sets of seats that I walked away from was in the sun and early season I had a bunch of those $12-$14  "cold" beers lol

Prior to my waiting list # being called there was no internet we had to travel to the stadium that meant early am prepared to tailgate hoping to get tickets from a scalper at the stadium. 

Sometimes we got a good deal sometimes we overpaid. 

Ticket hawkers these days have it made with the internet. 

We were also able to pay cash for parking lot entrance. 

Those were the days. 

joewilly12

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Prior to my waiting list # being called there was no internet we had to travel to the stadium that meant early am prepared to tailgate hoping to get tickets from a scalper at the stadium. 

Sometimes we got a good deal sometimes we overpaid. 

Ticket hawkers these days have it made with the internet. 

We were also able to pay cash for parking lot entrance. 

Those were the days. 

joewilly12

I seriously can’t believe there is still a waiting list 

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

nobody wanted any of my paid of psls for pennies on the dollar or free-I  walked away after last year 

Not sure where your seats were, but I've got Row 1's and those would command a nice price if I ever was inclined to sell.

And that's the thing-  PSL owners aren't selling.  Because we knew going in that this was a 30 year commitment and the hope is that the Jets are elite for 5 years and win a single Super Bowl in that span.  Look at any NFL team not named the Patriots, that's all this is.  A decade of suck followed by a half decade of good followed by a half decade of mediocre followed by a decade of suck.  Look at Denver.  Look at Philadelphia.  Hell, even perennially elite teams like Drew Brees' Saints only managed to make it to one measly Super Bowl.  No Jets fan thought we were going to have 30 years of winning when we signed our PSL checks.  We good.

SAR I

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not sure where your seats were, but I've got Row 1's and those would command a nice price if I ever was inclined to sell.

And that's the thing-  PSL owners aren't selling.  Because we knew going in that this was a 30 year commitment and the hope is that the Jets are elite for 5 years and win a single Super Bowl in that span.  Look at any NFL team not named the Patriots, that's all this is.  A decade of suck followed by a half decade of good followed by a half decade of mediocre followed by a decade of suck.  Look at Denver.  Look at Philadelphia.  Hell, even perennially elite teams like Drew Brees' Saints only managed to make it to one measly Super Bowl.  No Jets fan thought we were going to have 30 years of winning when we signed our PSL checks.  We good.

SAR I

Don't ever say "We good" again.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Anyone can buy any available game ticket to any home game through the NY Jets direct could be a seat right next to yours without purchasing a PSL. 

The entire point of being a season ticket holder is to have the same seats for decades, make friends with those around you, never worry about finding seats, never worry about online ripoffs.  PSL holders bought up all the good ones. 

With 48,000 non-club non-upper deck seats, that's a scant 16,000 people writing checks to the Jets every year.  In a metropolis of 20M people, that's less than 1/10th of 1% of the people controlling all the good/affordable seats.  We still do.

SAR I