We should have traded Darnold straight up for McCaffrey. Then we would have won the game.

Alka

If the Panthers were so enamored with getting Darnold, as has been mentioned by Joe Douglas or Saleh (actually he said that they were aggressive I believe in getting Darnold), then why not ask for McCaffrey in return?

I mean, isn't the QB supposed to be the most important position player on the team?  If that is the case, and it is, then this would have been the best scenario. 

Unless of course, if the Panthers valued McCaffrey more than they did Sam Darnold?

We don't know what the 2nd round, 4th round picks will be, and we already got the 6th round pick, but this is what JD should have demanded for Darnold.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 7
  • WTF? 5
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Yeah, that wasn't going to happen.  

The 33 million dollar dead cap hit, and extra 26 million on the Cap this year are kind of no goes.

If you are going to make crazy trade demands, learn more about the cap.   overthecap.com is an amazing site

Yes, I was not considering the cap hit.  that one guy single handedly beat the Jets this past Sunday.
You could have put Captain Morgan as their QB, and they would have won the game..  Just continue to feed McCaffrey, and the game is won.

• Thumb Down 2

33 minutes ago, Alka said:

If the Panthers were so enamored with getting Darnold, as has been mentioned by Joe Douglas or Saleh (actually he said that they were aggressive I believe in getting Darnold), then why not ask for McCaffrey in return?

I mean, isn't the QB supposed to be the most important position player on the team?  If that is the case, and it is, then this would have been the best scenario. 

Unless of course, if the Panthers valued McCaffrey more than they did Sam Darnold?

We don't know what the 2nd round, 4th round picks will be, and we already got the 6th round pick, but this is what JD should have demanded for Darnold.

What do you think? CMC was probably an untouchable.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Alka said:

Yes, I was not considering the cap hit.  that one guy single handedly beat the Jets this past Sunday.
You could have put Captain Morgan as their QB, and they would have won the game..  Just continue to feed McCaffrey, and the game is won.

he did? i didn't realize he was out there destroying our o-line also

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Wtf.  Yeah sure we should also trade someof our old helmets for gold bars...I mean people need helmits

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Long time listener, first time caller.....

• Haha 2