Week 2 Updates

Lith

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

While I'm not a Becton hater at all....in fact quite the opposite, I have a feeling the Oline is going to be much better with Fant at LT and Moses at RT.

Just this gut feeling I gotz.

That is mainly due to scheme fit. Fant as a LT is a better fit for the zone scheme with better lateral movements than Becton, which is why Fant initially beat out Moses at RT. But, hopefully Moses can adjust to some degree and block better laterally, but the RT is on the strong side and for many runs gets help from the TEs with the blocking especially the in-line TE. One also has to wonder how much info being leaked by Morgan about our Oline and O in general caused so much of the blocking issues.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I already called this out.  So maybe your professor should have taught you to pay better attention.

I'm sure that if one posts often enough they'll eventually have a quote for every position.  In any event, I take your message to heart and will pay closer attention to your posts.  About how much of my day will be spent on this Forum if I do so in earnest?  

Separately, even if you raised the point, why did you derive such an incorrect conclusion?  The ability to adapt to disguised coverage and feigned pressure is a fairly impressive accomplishment.  No?

2 hours ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

I wasn’t able to watch the game. What do you mean by the Panthers dialing it back? Did they stop blitzing or what? 

From what I saw their pass rush was starting to get neutralized by a little better running, but mainly Zack being a very large threat down the field in the 2nd half since he began evading rushers and the coaches were dialing up plays that had deeper routes. But, Zack was hitting many of those plays with good zip and accuracy. I still saw a lot of rushers coming at him, but again he was moving around in space and getting away from them in the 2nd half. I do not see how anyone thinks the Panthers were dialing back pressure when the game was hanging in the balance from the middle of the 3rd qtr till the end of the 4th qtr.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

I'm sure that if one posts often enough they'll eventually have a quote for every position.  In any event, I take your message to heart and will pay closer attention to your posts.  About how much of my day will be spent on this Forum if I do so in earnest?  

Separately, even if you raised the point, why did you derive such an incorrect conclusion?  The ability to adapt to disguised coverage and feigned pressure is a fairly impressive accomplishment.  No?

What was my conclusion? 

17 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

From what I saw their pass rush was starting to get neutralized by a little better running, but mainly Zack being a very large threat down the field in the 2nd half since he began evading rushers and the coaches were dialing up plays that had deeper routes. But, Zack was hitting many of those plays with good zip and accuracy. I still saw a lot of rushers coming at him, but again he was moving around in space and getting away from them in the 2nd half. I do not see how anyone thinks the Panthers were dialing back pressure when the game was hanging in the balance from the middle of the 3rd qtr till the end of the 4th qtr.

Math.

24 minutes ago, SOJ said:

get ready to be stunned,,, This O is predicated on the run game and play action, quick passes.  Jets  had like 2.6 YPC last week so get ready for 3rd a long ... a lot. 

You don't think AVT being in his first game, miscommunications, Mosses not starting new scheme had anything to do with it? God I love the Madden players of JN. Define stunned? Do I expect the oline to dominate the game and backs to average 5 ypc and Wilson time to order domino's through the app in the pocket? No I expect them to be a little better this week, then a little better next week, and that to continue. Each week and im cool with that all you can ask for with a team this young. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

You don't think AVT being in his first game, miscommunications, Mosses not starting new scheme had anything to do with it? God I love the Madden players of JN. Define stunned? Do I expect the oline to dominate the game and backs to average 5 ypc and Wilson time to order domino's through the app in the pocket? No I expect them to be a little better this week, then a little better next week, and that to continue. Each week and im cool with that all you can ask for with a team this young. 

You are awesome and I want to tell you every week how you were right. Let's go!!!

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Wrong.  I watched every snap.  In the first half, the Panthers sent more then 4 rushers on 12 of his 19 drops backs.  These were his stats:

Zach Wilson Passing in 1st Half:

0-of-4 on 3rd down

0-of-4 vs blitz

0-of-7 under duress

0-of-4 on play action

0-of-3 on deep passes (15+ air yds)

Naturally, holding a late game lead, they didnt blitz nearly as much in the 2nd half.  More than 4 rushers went on 6 of his 18 drops backs.  Only seeing 6, twice compared to 6 times in the first half.

They 100% dialed it back.  In an interview after the game, Brian Burns specifically said they wanted to give the QB and OL hell in the first half so they could wear them down and create more pressure with 4 man fronts late in the game.

I know you like challenging my every word, but you need to up your game if you're going to battle with me.  I'm elite at this sh*t. 

Wait but you say the Panthers sent blitzes 12 times in the first half but those stats say that Zach was blitzed 4 times in the first half. What do I do with these contradictory facts?

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

What was my conclusion? 

If I unfairly maligned your posting because you were merely striving for the position that there were more blitzers in the first half and not inferring anything about the Jets second half performance as a result of reduced blitzers then I rescind my remarks.  To the extent you were inferring that the Jets second half performance was just garbage time points I disagree and think it undersells what occurred.  Pardon my role in speaking over each other here.  

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Wait but you say the Panthers sent blitzes 12 times in the first half but those stats say that Zach was blitzed 4 times in the first half. What do I do with these contradictory facts?

That was copied and pasted, he was obviously blitzed a lot more then that...

1 hour ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

If you believe that what I expressed constitute "feelings" then I think we have severe epistemological differences and may never see eye-to-eye despite my efforts to clearly express my thoughts so that we can engage in level-headed and comprehensive discourse.  I will still attempt to engage with you in these discourses and maybe, one day, you will be able to respond to me in a way that opens a door, rather than in a manner that closes a door.  

You are just asking for trouble with that username and the unreadable code of ethics you posted,  which seems appropriate for a journalist. Very well written response however. 

2 minutes ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

If I unfairly maligned your posting because you were merely striving for the position that there were more blitzers in the first half and not inferring anything about the Jets second half performance as a result of reduced blitzers then I rescind my remarks.  To the extent you were inferring that the Jets second half performance was just garbage time points I disagree and think it undersells what occurred.  Pardon my role in speaking over each other here.  

I inferred nothing.  I simply made a statement based "The OL played better without Becton" and then made an simple observation that they didnt have to handle quite as much heat in the 2nd half.  I then supported my observation when it was challenged by numerous posters with data.  That's all. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

if we see progress each week, i think most here will be ok with it.  we just didn't expect such a disaster right away but with the jets anything is possible.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Up to you but I watched the every drop back thingy on the youtube and counted the amount of times the Panthers sent more than 4.

So you’re using a bad stat to make your argument? And now you want me to believe your other claim… if I was a sports journalism major I’d claim that your credibility is shot. 

• Haha 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

So you’re using a bad stat to make your argument? And now you want me to believe your other claim… if I was a sports journalism major I’d claim that your credibility is shot. 

Oh noes!!!!  The horror!!!  My credibility!!!???!!!???!!!  OMG what am I going to do????

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Oh noes!!!!  The horror!!!  My credibility!!!???!!!???!!!  OMG what am I going to do????

But honestly, he was only blitzed 4 times in the first half and 2 of the blitzes were against long developing run-action plays. There were more blitzes in the second half.

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

But honestly, he was only blitzed 4 times in the first half and 2 of the blitzes were against long developing run-action plays. There were more blitzes in the second half.

But like honestly, you're wrong.  And I know this for a fact because I like literally counted every single player who rushed the passer on every single drop back.  lol  But I know I know, my credibility!!!!