Week 2 Updates

Lith

17 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

But like honestly, you're wrong.  And I know this for a fact because I like literally counted every single player who rushed the passer on every single drop back.  lol  But I know I know, my credibility!!!!  

So did I. And you can’t count. They put multiple people on the line a lot but they only sent 5 or more rushers on 4 plays including 2 run blitzes on poorly executed bootlegs off play action (in the first half). Watch it again.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

So did I. And you can’t count. They put multiple people on the line a lot but they only sent 5 or more rushers on 4 plays including 2 run blitzes on poorly executed bootlegs off play action (in the first half). Watch it again.

You cant count!!  Omg get an abacus! 

6 hours ago, freestater said:

Oh geez. We know those guys. They're all a pack of ******* idiots. Run. Run away from that course. 

See, I applaud you guys for being such dedicated fans that you could practically refer to beat writers on a first name basis.  But, I think you are giving some of them a hard time.  There are certain writers that adopt narratives to get more eyes and that is unfortunate and sometimes harms the efficacy of their writing and analysis.  Some of the more newly minted reporters seem to go all in on selling narratives that feed into fanbase insecurities or hopes.  But, I find that many of the more veteran reporters (including a former professor) tend to tell it like they see it regardless of how it is received and I think that sort of truth-telling mission is really the best part of journalism (not just as a virtue signal of truth, but as an aspiration at least).  

On 9/15/2021 at 12:33 PM, peekskill68 said:

H/T to D'Brickashaw Ferguson.  10,707 out of 10,708 possible snaps over a 10 year career (and the one missed snap was a trick play) ?

During his rookie year, he got sick and lost weight discipline.  He played the second half of the year at 270-280.  Other guys would have shut it down.  He never let it happen again.   

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Belicheck is going to dismantle this offense. Personally I would start Mike White. Its going to be horrible to watch. Horrible. "You get a zero blitz' "you get a zero blitz" "you get a zero blitz" Meanwhile Mac Jones will stand back and toss soft 7-9 yard passes to his receivers as the Patriot O line has our defense line in head locks and suplexing them. I'm going to drive balls at 1230, against a brick wall to see how many come back and hit me in my nuts. Still better time than watching this mess. 

lol.  I hate New England too. 

"as the Patriot O line has our defense line in head locks and suplexing them."

An instant classic. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

"...the pass protection it’s just gonna always be a work in progress.”

What kind of chicken sh*t is this?  LaFleur wants an easy excuse for the entire season if the pass protection doesn't go well?  Oh, okay. 

I would prefer to chalk it up to a poor choice of words. 

Had he said we have a young OL that is learning to play together and will continue to improve all season, that would have sounded a lot better than will always be a work in progress.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Kinda cool seeing BB breaking down Wilson. Not expecting us to win going against him as rookie QB is a super challenge. If he is up to it would be a fantastic sign going forward.

I think it's pretty apparent BB is gonna try to take Davis away from Wilson.  We really need Moore to step up his game this week.

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I think it's pretty apparent BB is gonna try to take Davis away from Wilson.  We really need Moore to step up his game this week.

At least we will have Cole and Crowder too -- its not like last week where Davis was our only experienced receiving option.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

I feel like with Manish now gone, Connor has taken it upon himself to fill the role of Douche-Bag Jets Beat Reporter.

He's gotta snark in him that I haven't seen before.

I used to want to kick Manish square in the nutz....is Connor angling for that title?