Beware the Ketchup @Metlife Stadium This Sunday

https://dailycaller.com/2021/09/14/new-york-giants-fan-maggots-hot-dog-metlife-stadium/

A New York Giants fan allegedly found maggots in the ketchup on his hot dog during the Sunday game against the Denver Broncos at MetLife stadium.

A Snapchat video posted to Twitter shows the fan holding a hot dog with what appears to be maggots inside the ketchup. “Bro, there’s straight-up maggots in the ketchup,” the fan can be heard saying in the video. “That is nasty.” (RELATED: Report: Several Saints Coaches Test Positive For COVID-19)

Delaware North, MetLife Stadium’s official concessions provider, told Giants Wire that the contaminated ketchup dispenser had been thrown out and that this was an isolated incident.

“We take the sanitation of our facilities extremely seriously,” Delaware North said in a statement. “Upon learning well prior to kickoff Sunday that a single ketchup vessel had been compromised, we took immediate action and discarded the vessel and thoroughly inspected other condiment stations. As an additional precaution, we are sanitizing all condiment pumps and increasing the availability of single-serve condiment packets.”

The food wasn’t the only thing souring the experience of Giants fans at MetLife on Sunday. The Broncos held a 20-point going into the final minutes of the fourth quarter, leading fans to exit the stadium in droves. Quarterback Daniel Jones rushed for a touchdown as time expired, but it was for naught. The Giants lost their season opener to Denver 27-13.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Heathens put ketchup on hot dogs. Serves them right.

5 minutes ago, Kolchak said:

I actually thought it would take longer to get to the no ketchup on hot dogs post. 

Look, since my childhood, I've mainly had a hot dog with Gulden's mustard and maybe some sauerkraut.   But in later years, I've come to enjoy a hot dog with mustard and salsa or, yes, a bit of ketchup.  The sweet of the ketchup against the mustard is interesting.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Look, since my childhood, I've mainly had a hot dog with Gulden's mustard and maybe some sauerkraut.   But in later years, I've come to enjoy a hot dog with mustard and salsa or, yes, a bit of ketchup.  The sweet of the ketchup against the mustard is interesting.

I'm not a hot dog purist.  I put ketchup on.  I prefer the maggot less kind. 

One of my favorites is Sabrett's onions and sauce on a dog.  Does that count as ketchup like?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I’ll never understand why so many consider it blasphemy to put ketchup on a hotdog.

It’s a goddamn hotdog, not a porterhouse steak.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Kolchak said:

I'm not a hot dog purist.  I put ketchup on.  I prefer the maggot less kind. 

One of my favorites is Sabrett's onions and sauce on a dog.  Does that count as ketchup like?

Thanks, I forgot the onions in tomato sauce.  My aunt would make them (had to make the hot dog somewhat Italian) and Skippy's hot dog truck on Staten Island had great ones, too.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’ll never understand why so many consider it blasphemy to put ketchup on a hotdog.

It’s a goddamn hotdog, not a porterhouse steak.

Ketchup and Mayo is a very midwest thing.  NYC hot dog scene developed from German and Jewish roots that were mustard and sourkruat.

It's a culturial thing.  When I took my first wife to a barbecue at my parents house for the first time and she put mayo and ketchup on her dog mom had a melt down.  

In fact there is nothing wrong with ketchup on a hot dog.  There is something wrong putting Catsup on a hot dog.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Ketchup and Mayo is a very midwest thing.  NYC hot dog scene developed from German and Jewish roots that were mustard and sourkruat.

It's a culturial thing.  When I took my first wife to a barbecue at my parents house for the first time and she put mayo and ketchup on her dog mom had a melt down.  

In fact there is nothing wrong with ketchup on a hot dog.  There is something wrong putting Catsup on a hot dog.  

You should have seen my late father-in-law's reaction when in New Mexico they served him a corned beef sandwich with mayo.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

https://dailycaller.com/2021/09/14/new-york-giants-fan-maggots-hot-dog-metlife-stadium/

A New York Giants fan allegedly found maggots in the ketchup on his hot dog during the Sunday game against the Denver Broncos at MetLife stadium.

A Snapchat video posted to Twitter shows the fan holding a hot dog with what appears to be maggots inside the ketchup. “Bro, there’s straight-up maggots in the ketchup,” the fan can be heard saying in the video. “That is nasty.” (RELATED: Report: Several Saints Coaches Test Positive For COVID-19)

Delaware North, MetLife Stadium’s official concessions provider, told Giants Wire that the contaminated ketchup dispenser had been thrown out and that this was an isolated incident.

“We take the sanitation of our facilities extremely seriously,” Delaware North said in a statement. “Upon learning well prior to kickoff Sunday that a single ketchup vessel had been compromised, we took immediate action and discarded the vessel and thoroughly inspected other condiment stations. As an additional precaution, we are sanitizing all condiment pumps and increasing the availability of single-serve condiment packets.”

The food wasn’t the only thing souring the experience of Giants fans at MetLife on Sunday. The Broncos held a 20-point going into the final minutes of the fourth quarter, leading fans to exit the stadium in droves. Quarterback Daniel Jones rushed for a touchdown as time expired, but it was for naught. The Giants lost their season opener to Denver 27-13.

The Jets offensive line gets the MetLife house ketchup with this Sunday's pregame meal.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Thanks, I forgot the onions in tomato sauce.  My aunt would make them (had to make the hot dog somewhat Italian) and Skippy's hot dog truck on Staten Island had great ones, too.

Being in Central Jersey, depending on your definition of that.  Archie's hot dog truck posted by the Moores Station quarry in Titusville had onions and sauce for their dogs.  Ah, the smell of dogs, onions and diesel trucks.  Good times.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kolchak said:

It was impossible to get onions and sauce out here in the midwest, until a few years ago when it became available on Amazon.

Then I discovered that one of the local grocery chains Fresh Market, sold Feltman's Hotdogs.

My hot dog game is good to go now in Indiana.....

• Upvote 3

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I have a lot of post surgery pain and still weak could be from losing 25 lbs which I plan on keeping off. 

Eating is an experiment somethings I'm ok with others cause issues. 

I hope this all passes sooner than later. 

Thanks for asking. 

joewilly12 

Your body went through a major trauma, my friend.   Easy for me to say, but take it day by day.  Just keep following the doctor's recovery plans, especially the food part.   Sorry about the pain.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Your body went through a major trauma, my friend.   Easy for me to say, but take it day by day.  Just keep following the doctor's recovery plans, especially the food part.   Sorry about the pain.  

Surgeon said eat whatever you want its not him spending the time on the toilet and with the pains. 

I have been eating very sparingly and more healthier than pre-surgery. 

Hopefully this all soon passes me by. 

Thanks 

joewilly12

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Surgeon said eat whatever you want its not him spending the time on the toilet and with the pains. 

I have been eating very sparingly and more healthier than pre-surgery. 

Hopefully this all soon passes me by. 

Thanks 

joewilly12

You know the whole bit about the amount of bile you're gall bladder-less body is releasing.  It has a laxative effect.   I would tell you not to go too strong on the fats, especially greasy foods.   Sadly, it will take time for your body to adjust.   

• Upvote 1