Beware the Ketchup @Metlife Stadium This Sunday

3 hours ago, Kolchak said:

I'm not a hot dog purist.  I put ketchup on.  I prefer the maggot less kind. 

One of my favorites is Sabrett's onions and sauce on a dog.  Does that count as ketchup like?

Not at all.  That sounds like Manhattan street corner to me.  I miss it.

• Upvote 2
22 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

https://dailycaller.com/2021/09/14/new-york-giants-fan-maggots-hot-dog-metlife-stadium/

A New York Giants fan allegedly found maggots in the ketchup on his hot dog during the Sunday game against the Denver Broncos at MetLife stadium.

A Snapchat video posted to Twitter shows the fan holding a hot dog with what appears to be maggots inside the ketchup. “Bro, there’s straight-up maggots in the ketchup,” the fan can be heard saying in the video. “That is nasty.” (RELATED: Report: Several Saints Coaches Test Positive For COVID-19)

Delaware North, MetLife Stadium’s official concessions provider, told Giants Wire that the contaminated ketchup dispenser had been thrown out and that this was an isolated incident.

“We take the sanitation of our facilities extremely seriously,” Delaware North said in a statement. “Upon learning well prior to kickoff Sunday that a single ketchup vessel had been compromised, we took immediate action and discarded the vessel and thoroughly inspected other condiment stations. As an additional precaution, we are sanitizing all condiment pumps and increasing the availability of single-serve condiment packets.”

The food wasn’t the only thing souring the experience of Giants fans at MetLife on Sunday. The Broncos held a 20-point going into the final minutes of the fourth quarter, leading fans to exit the stadium in droves. Quarterback Daniel Jones rushed for a touchdown as time expired, but it was for naught. The Giants lost their season opener to Denver 27-13.

Was it Dave Maggot ?

Dave Meggett - Look at that Little Meggett Run - YouTube

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

I’m going to MAKE A KILLING on Sunday!!!!

1BBF7399-8BBF-46D7-BD24-03C89762CF6C.thumb.jpeg.bab22a740dc2f181f354e55398f1b722.jpeg

FINALLY! Saving all those ketchup packets from food deliveries during the pandemic the past year will have paid off!!!! 😃

media.caspianpublishing.co_.ukimage4158c

Just got him an extra for Sunday.  A few sections over, but I have a small pewter bell that he'll be able to hear.

SAR I

• Haha 3

I am reminded of the time I met my dad downtown outside MSG after I got out of high school to go to a Knicks game in the mid '70's. (Yes - old fart reminiscing ...) We went into some big burger joint right across from the main Garden entrance ("Bun N Burger"?) to eat, and after our burgers came to the table, the waiter brought over one of those silver three container trays of condiments - mustard, ketchup and relish. 

I hit the tray first, and then I noticed a cockroach the size of a small vehicle crawling out of the relish unit. I deftly and discretely knocked him off the table and onto the floor where he was dispatched by my sneaker, and I casually told my dad to avoid the relish because "it tastes a bit off."  Thankfully, he never saw the offending item.

• Upvote 2
22 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I’ll never understand why so many consider it blasphemy to put ketchup on a hotdog.

It’s a goddamn hotdog, not a porterhouse steak.

If I were Emperor, putting ketchup on steak would be a crime punishable by death.

And all hot dogs would be replaced by bratwurst or chorizo.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Biggs said:

Ketchup and Mayo is a very midwest thing.  NYC hot dog scene developed from German and Jewish roots that were mustard and sourkruat.

It's a culturial thing.  When I took my first wife to a barbecue at my parents house for the first time and she put mayo and ketchup on her dog mom had a melt down.  

In fact there is nothing wrong with ketchup on a hot dog.  There is something wrong putting Catsup on a hot dog.  

As my third act as Emperor, I'd ban mayonnaise for being the grossest condiment every conceived, and violation of this edict would be punishable by death.

• Upvote 2
19 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I have a lot of post surgery pain and still weak could be from losing 25 lbs which I plan on keeping off. 

Eating is an experiment somethings I'm ok with others cause issues. 

I hope this all passes sooner than later. 

Thanks for asking. 

joewilly12 

Definitely not interested in any MetLife maggot food. 

Slow and steady, joe. It won't last forever. And if this gives you a kick start into a healthier eating and lifestyle, that can only be a positive. Feel better soon, bud.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
22 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If I were Emperor, putting ketchup on steak would be a crime punishable by death.

I cook my steaks with Diamond Crystal Kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper.  Once in a while, I will chop fresh rosemary until it's the size of light ground pepper.   Then mix it with the salt and pepper before rubbing onto the meat.

Not talking about Oscar Myer garbage.  But a well made hot dog deserves its place in the culinary world.   I still love a Sabrett off the grill/griddle with mustard where you can feel the snap.

And although I have enjoyed bratwurst, I still prefer Italian sausage from a good Italian pork store.  

19 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

As my third act as Emperor, I'd ban mayonnaise for being the grossest condiment every conceived, and violation of this edict would be punishable by death.

This I cannot abide.  A ham & Swiss hero with lettuce, tomato, oil & vinegar, and mayo is sublime.  Especially when you let it sit a bit and the mayo has married it all together.   Also, you have not lived until you've experienced real, homemade mayonnaise and one of the great variations, aïoli (essentially garlic mayonnaise).

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Also, you have not lived until you've experienced real, homemade mayonnaise and one of the great variations, aïoli (essentially garlic mayonnaise).

That Bushwick Mayo-NAISE SON!!!

Lol

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You can pry my hotdog from my cold, dead, hands.

• Haha 3
46 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You have redeemed yourself my good sir.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
35 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I cook my steaks with Diamond Crystal Kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper.  Once in a while, I will chop fresh rosemary until it's the size of light ground pepper.   Then mix it with the salt and pepper before rubbing onto the meat.

As Emperor, you would be my personal chef.

36 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

And although I have enjoyed bratwurst, I still prefer Italian sausage from a good Italian pork store.  

I'll allow it.

36 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

This I cannot abide.  A ham & Swiss hero with lettuce, tomato, oil & vinegar, and mayo is sublime.  Especially when you let it sit a bit and the mayo has married it all together.   Also, you have not lived until you've experienced real, homemade mayonnaise and one of the great variations, aïoli (essentially garlic mayonnaise).

To the death chamber with you!

• Haha 4
22 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I get that everyone is trying to preach about how this could be prevented but you should also understand that heinzsight is always 20/20

Rimshot_Bedum.jpg.7a4c41ee4d055172c5345cda698421e8.jpg

On 9/15/2021 at 3:34 PM, IndianaJet said:

It was impossible to get onions and sauce out here in the midwest, until a few years ago when it became available on Amazon.

Then I discovered that one of the local grocery chains Fresh Market, sold Feltman's Hotdogs.

My hot dog game is good to go now in Indiana.....

Pretty simple to make...onions, ketchup, vinegar cook for 5 min in pan done.

On 9/16/2021 at 12:45 PM, munchmemory said:

Also, you have not lived until you've experienced real, homemade mayonnaise and one of the great variations, aïoli (essentially garlic mayonnaise).

I've been using really chunky pink sea salt, cracked black pepper and cast ironing them with just a touch of oil to get that initial crust, then butter rosemary and garlic.  Spoon basting till the end.  On the grill, just the pink sea salt and cracked pepper.

Italian sausage rule. Thick cut viadalia onions, italian frying peppers, a tiny dollop of tomato sauce (just for color) and it's the best SP & O hero ever.  I break up a few sausages out of the casing and drop them into the P & O mixture in a deep aluminum pan on the grill, poach the sausages for a few mins, crisp them up on the grill, drop them in the pan, cover with foil and just let them cook.  

Learned how to make mayo in Madrid, it's a constant staple now.  Having said that, I could eat Hellman's with a spoon.    

• Post of the Week 1