George Fant: Playing LT is hard

Team archer

6 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

LT was the position that Fant wanted to play and start at when he left Seattle.

Yes, it’s difficult. It’s also the job you’ve been asking for. 

The weird thing is he subbed in last year and in Seattle, he had some good games at LT. kinda surprised he said that but maybe it is out of context, it’s not like he hasn’t done it before. 

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

Yeah. It’s probably more like switching to goofy foot and boxing south paw for three steps…and only on passing downs. 

I was going to say, it's more like riding switch, which I can do very well.  Throwing with my left hand?  I look like I've never learned how to throw a ball in my life.  lol

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

You're trying too hard. 

Plenty of time to troll the board when we are 2-9 in November. 

This is legitimate concern.  No player should say what Fant said.  This is a preemptive “it’s not me, don’t blame me, it’s not my fault” setup for Sunday’s postgame press conference.  Shifting blame to the coaching staff for the disaster that awaits.  This is not good. 

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

The weird thing is he subbed in last year and in Seattle, he had some good games at LT. kinda surprised he said that but maybe it is out of context, it’s not like he hasn’t done it before. 

Perhaps he’s aware that he’s a band aid and he’ll get exposed when he has to start more than 1/2 the season against the top opposing pass rushers. 

Becton ain’t coming back this year IMO

• Upvote 2

as I stated before the jets should not play wilson until the team has a better line and better rbs-he is going to get killed out there-yes we want to see our shiny new toy out there but we dont need what happened to burrow or carr happening to him

every fan, if being honest , knows this year is a trainwreck anyways.

let Wilson sit and hope Joe can build a better line this time around with free agents and the large draft capital we have. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is legitimate concern.  No player should say what Fant said.  This is a preemptive “it’s not me, don’t blame me, it’s not my fault” setup for Sunday’s postgame press conference.  Shifting blame to the coaching staff for the disaster that awaits.  This is not good. 

SAR I

I have to agree that that’s what it seems like IMO. It’s an early cop out when, not if, things go awry with the pass protection against the Pats this Sunday 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

who is the backup LT, i mean, fant had to know heading into the opener that if anything happened to bechton that he would move to LT.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The legitimate concern is that Fant simply isn't that good. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

an interesting concept.  what happens if bechton doesn't play the rest of the season, fant sucks and they move avt to LT and he's good?  not sure you put bechton back at LT when he couldn't learn this system.  

I’ve thought about this since Becton went down. 

If Fant can’t hold up at LT, then AVT could slide over to LT like he did in college. IF, BIG IF, AVT can hold down LT for the rest of ‘21 well enough to stay there, would you move Becton to RT for ‘22 and beyond?

29 minutes ago, kmnj said:

as I stated before the jets should not play wilson until the team has a better line and better rbs-he is going to get killed out there-yes we want to see our shiny new toy out there but we dont need what happened to burrow or carr happening to him

every fan, if being honest , knows this year is a trainwreck anyways.

let Wilson sit and hope Joe can build a better line this time around with free agents and the large draft capital we have. 

While I don't agree on the RB's -

I do agree they should pull ZW at this point and let him sit until the OL has things worked out.  If it means the whole season than so be it.

The kids looks too good and is too important to mess around with a lost season anyway.  

It would have been nice for him to learn this year but out GM dropped the ball on building a strong OL around him.

Cut your losses and pull ZW before it's too late.

• Thumb Down 1

Fant started at LT most of the preseason games, so chill.  He said what he said because it's true, when you focus on doing things one way to a really high level, it can be difficult to switch it all into mirror-image movements.  I highly doubt the reporter slid next to him as he was crying in his locker and had a sob story about "How haaaaaard it all is".  Jeez don't you people have professional meetings where you discuss things like adults at work?  Or do you just whisper any difficult conversation and text?  Edoga is the other T backup.  When I saw Fant get absolutely undressed on a spin move sack I was terrified, he actually setled in better at LT where he played more in the preseason, crazily.  1 GAME PEOPLE.